[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am needing a second car for a commute and also working out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

I am needing a second car for a commute and also working out of the car. I have been looking at older civics as I don't want to spend more than 2500 or so and love the early to mid 90s hatch backs. I found a VX model that had one owner not abuse and no modifications. Only snag is it has no factory installed A/C just for shits and giggles how much would it cost to buy one and have it installed ball park figures of course?

Pic related: same model of car
>>
A trip to the junkyard.
>>
just get one of those fans you plug into the cigarette lighter
>>
its not worth it at all

its a lot of work
>>
>>16668663
way too much time and money for what the car is
>>
>>16668690
that's what I figured its just damnit its a low mileage and clean VX. Its fucking destiny to not have an air conditioner I guess ... I can always drive my other car I guess on the scorching summer days
>>
>>16668663
About a thousand or more dollars. Ac is whatever anyway if your a butch that can't handle heat prepare your wallet.. it's Just added weight.
>>
Well that's settled. Does anyone have any opinions on the civic hatchbacks from like 92-96?
>>
ive also been trying to search for the VX and CX models in particular
>>
>>16668721
Those are two different generation.
5th generation is 92-95
6th generation is 96-2000

I'm a Honda mechanic ask me anything
>>
>>16668749
ok specifically 5th generation I plan on delivering pizza as well as commuting 40 miles to school in the car so I don't put mileage on my new car. What repairs should I look to have been done on these and what should I watch out for? Would you recommend the VX/CX model over the others or even a CRX?
>>
>>16668769
A crx HF would be ideal because it gets the most fuel economy. However they are pretty sought after and people might tax them. Where I'm from they are heavily taxed. Your next choice would be the VX hatch because it's VTEC-E and is equipped with a 90HP d15. If you are going to purchase any of these cars you must have the timing belt looked at and replaced if it hasn't been already. If you're going automatic forget it. The torque converter are fucking shit in all of these cars and chances are the transmission is already slipping. So you are better off with manual. The cx and vx hatches are fucking awesome. My buddy has both but he put a GSR motor in his cx
>>
>>16668663
hahahahaha just open your windows like what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>16668988
Wew how poor are you ?
>>
>>16669026
>asking this question in a thread about buying 20 year old base model Hondas
>>
It wouldn't cost that much to get AC in one of those. Find a local Facebook import group and ask around. Most expensive bit is the compressor. Everything else can be bought cheap.

I had a compressor already added to my Civic CX so I found somebody that had the condenser, harness and pipes. Still needs work but it was pretty easy to set up.
>>
>>16669179

Can confirm, I picked up an entire used but working a/c system for my dx for $100.

Alot of people in florida just rip that shit and throw it away when doing b18 swaps.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.