[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are snow tires a meme /o/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsxLyJk_V5E
>>
>>16668548
if you don't live in a hilly area, you can get by on summers for most snow on the east coast US. that said, you're going to have to be VERY aware of what the car is doing. Winters offer easier driving in the snow, and basically required in the hills
>>
Your mom is a meme you dumb ass bitch. Stop fucking asking us if shit is a meme or not. You fucking piece of shit.
>>
File: 1486561199840.jpg (43KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1486561199840.jpg
43KB, 480x640px
>>16668548
Honestly its the snowy hills that fuck you up, going down and driving up them.

I used to rock all-seasons, then I moved to a hilly area and I swear by winters now. I'd say about 80% of cars here have them too.

It's just trying to get up that smooth snow where all-seasons tend to call it quits.

If its flat and only snows like 5 days a year, you are probably OK without. Obviously better with them ,even on dry roads winters are better in the winter...but you aren't going to die like some /o/tist's like to believe.
>>
File: 1478529966004.jpg (59KB, 458x366px) Image search: [Google]
1478529966004.jpg
59KB, 458x366px
>>16668586
is dis post a meem?
>>
>>16668548
Winter tires are great, they work very well in the winter where snow and ice are heavy. The rubber stays more flexible under cold conditions
>>
unrelated, but what gear should you use driving in snow?

i know starting is easier in 2nd, but should you keep in higher or lower torque than usual while driving?
>>
>>16668619
I start in 1st, you might spin a bit but its nice and hektik
>>
Did a 9 hour pizza delivery shift on sunday when we had heavy snowfall of 25 cm from 11am - 9pm. If I didn't have winters on my front wheels of my shitbox civic, I would have had a hard time. Although with my winters on driving was a breeze, never once got stuck and easily plowed through everywhere.
>>
>>16668567

Don't forget that Summer tires become hard and brittle in the cold. On top of being useless for handling, they will wear out much faster if driven for any real length of time.
>>
I live in Quebec.
Winter tires are mandatory by law between December 15 and March 15th. Theyre good.

I spent 2 months in Toronto recently which gets less snow and everyone just uses All Seasons.

>10 cm snowfall
>75 road accidents over 6 hours

Winter Tires are worth it.
>>
>>16668548
North Korean missile program?
>>
All the way from canukistan and if you dont have snow tires where i live you are wither a fucking retard or stupid Indian fag who is into driving more for the insurance money than piloting a shitbox corolla to work. I have a real wheel pickup and if not for winter tires id probitally be dead, burried by snow on the side of a cliff.
>>
>>16668628
>starting in 1st in snow

wew lad that's how you dig a pit and get your car stuck (at least for FWD)
>>
>>16669946

>Quebec
>good drivers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BhhsEuYXZQ
>>
if you have literal months of snow where you live then no.
>>
>>16668548
Studded tires are king in snow
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.