[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

turbo miata fun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 00a0a_bEACufkeqoj_600x450.jpg (61KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
00a0a_bEACufkeqoj_600x450.jpg
61KB, 600x450px
>moving soon
>new commute will be 90% twisty roads
>have manual 08 mustang GT
>thinking of selling or trading for turbo'd 1990 miata

What do you guys think? I'm looking at a Miata that's been completely gone through with loads of new parts and go fast bits, including a turbo. Will I regret this? Will it be less fun than my current car (which is pretty much stock)?
>>
>>16664011
if its built by someone else I'd be worried about reliability.
>>
>>16664011

Great idea anon! The other hair stylists at the salon will love it and you'll fit right in!
>>
File: Garage Quinn Motors.jpg (100KB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
Garage Quinn Motors.jpg
100KB, 1080x608px
>>16664011
Why dont you do your own research? There is a forum dedicated to turbocharged Miata's.

I'm sure turbo Miata's are fun but I'd rather buy a bone stock Miata and turbo it myself personally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1Pa8aAsur0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMia1gCINYk

Also there is a Miata general. You coulda used the catalog to find it but no you had to create your own thread.
>>
super easy to turbo. theres literally a channel on youtube with how to do each step ghetto way and then to upgrade to megasquirt.
>>
>>16664108
this.
>>
>>16664011
>driving a girl car
>>
>>16666312
>being an insecure fuckboy

post your car faggot
>>
>>16664097
See I love that miata in the pic you posted! Clean, caged, meaty tires, probably handles great!
>>
>>16666370
lol are you mad because your tranny xf didn't stroke your manclit before bed last night
>>
>>16667674
>posts no car
>resorts to personal attacks

Bus cuck confirmed.
>>
>>16667688
Not him but I drive a scooter and you're still a huge faggot for getting so triggered.
>>
>>16664011

id say get it if you have nice weather because driving those things with the top up is HORRIBLE, thank god all it takes is a bicep curl to pull it back up.
>>
>>16667666
its the same one in the videos watch it.
>>
>>16664011
Donno about that.

I'd get a '13 ft86 and put a pTuning turbo with water meth injection into it.

More space. Have back seats for storage (lol Boone fit into them), have a functional trunk.
Also. Fuck convertibles. I hate that shit.
>>
>>16667826
>i drive a scooter
>you're a huge faggot
LOL'd at this thread

Right now you can make 300whp with minor mods, the miata could blow up at this point while the GT can go hundreds of thousands of miles if you dont let the oil get dirty and destroy some valves

Turboing some piece of junk is a literal pipe dream, it isnt easy or cheap, and it aint fun to fix.

If you gotta have a turbo and better handling, then do it to the GT.

Realistic problems with the miata
>that turbo could be fucked, this isnt hard to do
>1 too many back to back runs, and RIP
>100hp 4 cyl thats not built for FI being boosted to hell
>have fun throwing a baby rod
>or melting a baby piston
>might even ruin the baby size crank
>probably leaking oil and low compression from previous owners hektik hoons
>he will say, "NEEDS NOTHING, CAR IS GUD"

People get rid of shit like this when its a ticking time bomb or halfway fucked

you're gonna have to deal with a complete after market fuel system to support the power, if the rest of the car even handles it.

Probably will destroy clutches and transmissions/rear ends once you start making decent HP
>>
>>16672349
IIRC the NA Mata engine is literally a de-turboed turbo engine, which is why it makes such cap power.
>>
>>16672349
>>100hp 4 cyl thats not built

wrong
>>
>>16670049
a '90 miata and a new FRS arent even in the same price point.... what are you on about.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.