[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How often should I change my tires?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

How often should I change my tires?
>>
they have another 20k at least
>>
>having racing slicks on your daily shitbox

Boi
>>
Changing tires is a meme. They last the lifetime of the vehicle
>>
About as often as you need to change your cupholders
>>
When the wear bars are worn away, Duh.
>>
>>16663693
Tires should be replaced every 5 or 6 years, though some may be good for longer depending on the compound. Rubber degrades over time and dry rots, at which point, they become dangerous to drive on.
>>
>>16663693
>driving_on_blizzaks_in_summer.jpg
>>
>>16663693
>riding bald tires
come the fuck on now, man..
>>
I don't see any wire yet.
>>
4/32

any less and youre a nigger
>>
6 years or 3/32
>>
Nice slicks bro.
>>
>>16663978
Fuck came here to say that
>>
>>16663693
Change the tires when they start making sparks
>>
>>16663693
>diy slicks
tire companies btfo
>>
>>16663781
>>16663973
Fuck I must be hard on my tires. I've never had a tire last more than 3 years and I switch out in the winter.
>>
Those things look like you never oiled them
>>
File: IMG_2619.jpg (88KB, 749x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2619.jpg
88KB, 749x720px
>>16663709
>>
I get roughly 15K on fronts. 10K on rears. By then there's frayed wires.
>>
>>16663693
At least as often as you change your underwear.
>>
>>16663693
Those tires aren't even dangerous to drive on, you just need to make sure they are above 170f
>>
>>16663693
You just need new tires once those ones stop holding air
>>
>>16665251
>oil tires
wat
>>
>>16663693
it shouldnt be a "how often" type question it should be "when"
when theyre under 2/3 tread you should probably get new tires or when they are dry rot
>>
>>16666196
so bald tires are ok as long as you take a blowtorch to them before you drive?
>>
File: 1486292019779.jpg (26KB, 847x475px) Image search: [Google]
1486292019779.jpg
26KB, 847x475px
>>16663693
never faggot, the hektik skids only get better with age.
>>
>>16663781
>>16663973
>>16665313
How slowly are you shits driving to make them last so long? I got the last pair of tyres for my shitbox down to the wear bars in like 3 months.
>>
>>16663693
After one good day.
>>
>>16663693
My tires r noisy and uncomfortable but they seem fine. There from 2013 and have allot of tread. Should i get new tires, or should i get 4 new rims and new tires? I'm not what to do tbqh.
>>
>>16667941
>he doesn't oil his tyres
get a load of this faggot
>>
>>16665244
3 months?? Ease up on the skids mate
>>
depends what kinda driving you do and if you have awd imo

rotate them. think 6k is the standard, but who gives a shit
>>
my front tires are 8 year old

my back tires are 12 year old at least

rate me tire age
>>
Tires should be replaced when you see wear bars are flush with your tire.

After that point, when you begin to wear down your wear bars, it's dangerous, and shouldn't be on the road.

You should also make sure your alignment is good, and have your tires rotated every season.

Summer tires should "last" for 5-6 years, without getting hard and brittle, while winters will be 4-5 years, because they're softer.
>>
depends on tire
depends on road
depends on driving

I'd estimate 15k on the low end, and 50k on the high end, for mileage on a new tire.

Unless there's some issue with your suspension that would cause premature wear, I had an MX-6 with a fucked up front end that would just eat the inside of my tires up in 4 months, so I just kept buying 25 dollar used tires that weren't even the right size until I got it fixed.
>>
>changing tires

About as often as you fill up your blinker fluid.
>>
I change them when my local dealer tells me to during my every 3000 mile service
>>
>>16669464
Are your tires made of butter? Try a tire with a higher treadwear rating next time
>>
>>16663693
Changing tires is a meme

Never change them
>>
File: dogolagent.jpg (76KB, 346x433px) Image search: [Google]
dogolagent.jpg
76KB, 346x433px
when the tread depth goes below 3 mm (summer tyres) or 4 mm (winter tyres)
>>
>>16663693
>those tires
>that weather

Magic Carpet Ride
>>
>>16667941
I bet you don't activate your almonds either
>>
>drop ex gf off
>notice her parents' car's tires are down to the cords
>tell her they need to replace them ASAP
>she bitches at me because they're poor and she always gets pissed when I offer advice
>a few days later she tells me their tires blew out
>>
>>16663693
Summers coming up, those look perfect!
>>
>>16670902

Git gud at hooning. I used to go through a lightly used pair every couple weeks with my blazer S10. Even my cheap main fwd shitbox goes through a pair every year or less.

What's the point of a "sports car" if you drive like a Grandma in a minivan? That's the same as a brotruck never going off road.
>>
>>16670536
Plz respond
>>
>>16673943
I've gotten 3 flat tires in the past year. I just need to get on more flat on my front left so I can have a whole new set.
>>
>>16671674
Sort of this. Modern tires should usually outlast your car unless you puncture them. Or unless you buy the absolute cheapest and sketchiest brand from Walmart, but even modern cheap tires are leagues ahead of "performance tires" from less than 15 years ago. Basically unless you run over a spike strip you should never even have to think about your tires in 2017. They never wear out.
>>
>>16674310
You're good bro
>>
>>16673265
Are you me?
I don't offer car advice to my gf's family but whenever I offer advice on anything else she gets pissed because they're poor at least one of them gets offended because of my suggestions or they get really defensive.
>>
>>16673265
>have rich gf
>tell her she needs to take her Benz to get it's brakes checked because they won't stop fucking squealing at every stop
>tells me it's ok because she just took it in to get serviced and mechanic said it's a common thing on that model
>>
>>16663693
Real shitbox riders change out tires one at a time when they blowout or become un fixable and always with a quality used tire from your friendly mexican tire shop
>>
>>16671558
6/10.

I drove around all summer on rear tires that were made in '98
>>
>>16674384
Thanks my mane
>>
My Michelin tires are at 55k miles which is when the warranty expires.
It does look like about 5% of tread left before it goes completely bald.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.