[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the whole point of people owning a $45-50k car or truck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

Whats the whole point of people owning a $45-50k car or truck if they're gonna spend more than a decade paying it off ? I dont get it.
>>
>>16656441
because they get to have it right away
>>
>>16656448
yeah but they technically dont own it until it is paid off. Top it off they add interest rates and all that good stuff. most ill spend on a truck or car is 12-18k.
>>
>>16656441
>>16656460
>lots of people have tons of disposable cash they dont give a fuck about and I dont

work harder and you will understand.
>>
>>16656448
>because they get to have it right away
pretty much this. people tend to not care about the repercussions when owning a new vehicle.
>>
>>16656460
>eah but they technically dont own it until it is paid off.

They don't care at all

In driveway = own

People just don't care. They literally just want shit right away, hell with it if the rates are high as fuck
>>
>>16656493
>People just don't care. They literally just want shit right away, hell with it if the rates are high as fuck
yeah couldnt agree more.
>>
>>16656441
>if they're gonna spend more than a decade paying it off

anyone in that situation shouldn't be financing anything in the first place
>>
who finances for more than a decade?

big downpayment and do a short term to keep the apr below .99

poorfags will NEVER know the satisfaction of owning a brand new vehicle
>>
>>16656477
oh i understand i just dont get how people like you are so mind fucked into thinking you own a vehicle that you owe $30k in payments on.
>>
>>16656518
I've seen ads in the paper for 0.9% financing over 96 months

a decade doesn't seem unreasonable
>>
>>16656441
>decade long car loan
Longest I've seen is 84 months, who the fuck gives out 120 month car loans?
>>
>>16656513
>live in the ghetto
>neighbors have poor shit looking houses
>has $40k rover in driveway
literally most of america who makes less than 30-40k a year.
>>
>>16656521
I think that most people fully understand that they dont actually own something till its paid off, its just your autism blocks the part of your brain that would understand that.
>>
>>16656441
i will once i start making more than the average minimum wage cuck.
>>
>>16656541
except for all intents and purposes you do own it
>>
>>16656534
I think Lamborghini does 10 year loans.
>>
>>16656551
Well for a car THAT expensive I could see it but for your normal vehicle under like $100k?
>>
>>16656548
there is a difference between owning it and being held responsible for it.
>>
>>16656559
>miss a payment and theyll repo that shit quicker than flies on shit
>>
>>16656557
It might be Ferrari that does 10 year loans. One of them supercar brands does it. The longest term I have seen for the average person is 96 months at a ghetto bank.
>>
>>16656564
um well, thats how it works m8.
>>
>>16656559
i think your confusing financing with leasing

the only thing your responsible for is having money in your bank account, which is pretty normal for people
>>
>>16656564

I've both bought cars through financing and bought cars that were financed. You do own the car even when you finance it. The title is still in your name but the difference is the bank keeps the title and they are listed as the note or lien holder.

Also normally a bank won't come and reposes you're car if you miss one payment. It takes many missed payments for banks to do that because it's not cheap or easy to repo a car the correct legal way.

Now those buy here pay here places will sometimes repo a car before you even miss a payment but for the most part those places are scammers and don't even report to the credit unions that you missed a payment.
>>
File: output_RocubF.gif (171KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
output_RocubF.gif
171KB, 400x400px
>>16656441
Why must good cars or trucks increase in value
i fucking hate this change
>>
>>16656548
the bank owns it, and holds the title, until you pay off every last cent
>>
>>16656564
No, you'd have to have missed 3-4 in a row and ignored collections for that to happen.
>>
>>16656716
>The title is still in your name
no it's not, it's in your account at the bank, but it's definitely their vehicle, which is why when they repossess one they just turn around and sell it without having to deal with the title
>>
>>16656441
>more than a decade paying it off
What shit tier financing company did you find that will allow you to still owe money on the vehicle 5 years after it's lost all of the original value
>>
>>16656798
>no it's not
Yes, it is, you fucking idiot. The bank is just the lien holder. You are still the registered owner of the vehicle.
>>
>>16656853
No it's not dipshit. How about you learn what your talking about before sounding like a complete dumbfuck.
>>
>>16656860
I suggest you take your own advice

t. someone who is financing their 7th car
>>
>>16656885
Unlike you I know what i'm talking about, faggot.

>financing cars
>being this much of a poorfag, he can't buy his cars in full
holy shit hahaha... i cant even... you must be dumb as a box of fucking rocks.

t. someone who actually has the money to BUY his cars
>>
>>16656930
>Unlike you I know what i'm talking about, faggot.
You quite clearly do not. You are the registered owner of the vehicle. When your plates get ran they come back to YOU, not the bank. Not every state even sends the title to the lien holder. Minnesota sends it to the registered owner for example. Wanna take a wild guess at who's name is on the title under owner? Yours. Again, all the bank is is the lien holder.
>>
>>16656983
>he actually believes this

ive own 4 cars and never went through this. stay BTFO
>>
>>16657003
Exactly, you've never financed so you have zero idea how it works. The bank borrows you the money with the car as collateral. If you don't pay them their money they take the car and auction it off.
>>
>>16656930
In Texas if your name is not on the title then you are unable to renew your registration for the vehicle. When I bought my current car I had to do the title transfer myself because I (1) bought my car out of state and (2) financed it through a credit union and not the auto dealer. When I field out the title transfer form I listed myself as the registered owner then further down in the document I listed the credit union as the lien holder.

If you still don't believe me here is the sh 130 title transfer form.

http://www.txdmv.gov/forms-carriers/doc_download/998-form-130-u-application-for-texas-title-and-or-registration
>>
>>16657017
>>16657133
oh.
>>
>>16656529
That's like a ~15% discount, plus you can invest your money instead of dumping the lump sum on the car.
>>
File: GM cucked again.jpg (449KB, 1574x729px) Image search: [Google]
GM cucked again.jpg
449KB, 1574x729px
This will be defended by GM cucks
>>
>>16657976
Man why are these new trucks getting uglier and uglier by yhe decade holy fuck.
>>
>>16656885
>>16656885

GOOD GOY
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.