[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RX7 as investment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: MAZDARX-7-FD--935_12[1].jpg (80KB, 1024x725px) Image search: [Google]
MAZDARX-7-FD--935_12[1].jpg
80KB, 1024x725px
Is an FD RX7 likely to appreciate in value if I keep it garaged and in good shape?
>>
File: yes.jpg (31KB, 541x438px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
31KB, 541x438px
>>16656352

yes.
>>
>>16656364
Are you just saying that or are you a simulation just saying what I want to hear
>>
>>16656373

Starting in 2019 the exact RX-7 you purchase will appreciate in value starting at 2% per year. That percentage will increase more each year by 10%, on average, until the singularity occurs.

> Better?
>>
>>16656436
why are tripfags so useless
>>
>>16656352
Probably

In 30 years the FD RX7 will be fetching ridiculous prices among Millennials in the same way the original Mustang fetches ridiculous prices among Baby Boomers. That is, unless electric vehicles take over so successfully that petrol is a rare commodity.
>>
>>16656459
Define ridiculous in numerical terms.
>>
>>16656444
because all we desire is attention. That other guy was right tho and he wasn't useless you ungrateful fuck
>>
>>16656459
>That is, unless electric vehicles take over so successfully that petrol is a rare commodity
Oh man, I didn't consider that
>>
File: Fancy_Lads_Snack_Cakes.png (448KB, 948x681px) Image search: [Google]
Fancy_Lads_Snack_Cakes.png
448KB, 948x681px
>>16656444

You are literally asking /o/ to predict the future, which is obviously an impossible task.

I'm pretty sure they're already going up in value, but again, I can't predict the future.
>>
>>16656471
Its more like
Do 90s Japanese sports cars such as the rx7 appreciate in value
>>
>>16656480
"90s Japanese sports cars" is meaningless. The Z32 hasn't risen in value in ages, nor has the 3000GT, yet the Supra and R34 have hardly depreciated at all (depending on your country).
>>
>>16656480

Yes, most of them already are.

RX-7s, DSMs, Supras, et al. are already way more expensive than they were 15 years ago.
>>
>>16656509
The supra has started to go down in value already. People are coming to terms with the fact that it's an overrated car like the 300ZX. It's cool but it isn't anything special
>>
5 years ago one could buy a legitimate type rz for under 30k
a type rs for under 25k
A type rb-s for under 20k
All in excellent condition

Now you are lucky to find a type rz for under 45k
Lucky to find a type rs under 30k
Lucky to find a type rb-s under 25k
50% increase over 5 years in some examples
>>
>>16656522
>Supra has started to go down
Where? The good clean models haven't dropped in value here for 15 odd years.
>>
All old cars that are at least somewhat sporty are appreciating in value.
>>
Nope, people dont want to deal with the engine. Supra and NSX cost twice as much
>>
>>16656352

Short term, it will absolutely increase in value.

But longer term...say 20+ years, that's honestly a bit of a crap shoot. Motoring is going to change dramatically, the market for pure petrol powered vehicles is going to shrink dramatically and will primarily consist of serious collectors looking for absolutely mint original examples. Your average rev head (which constitutes the majority of the market these days) looking for a fun weekend car/something to build up/nostalgia most likely won't be able to afford such a car, let alone put it on the road due to the outrageous cost of fuel...if it's available at all and emission regulations pretty much damning such cars to the scrap heap.

If I were you though anon, and this is what i've been doing for 5~ years now, buy the car you've always wanted, drive it for 1-2 years, enjoy the fuck out of it, sell it and keep working your way through your list. If you do it with cars such as the RX7, you won't be losing money, you'll get to enjoy the cars while they're still here...and you won't be looking back 15 years from now regretting having missed your chance.
>>
>>16657230
Supra isn't worth anywhere near as much as an rx7
>>
>>16656522

>overrated car like the 300ZX

people like the 300ZX?
>>
>>16656522
>A 25yr old car that can still complete with modern cars is "nothing special"

Listen up man, I know your baiting but this kinda attitude is ruining the fucking car industry
>>
>>16657340
This, 100%.
>>
File: C2BVlXjUsAQMkwI.jpg (213KB, 1059x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C2BVlXjUsAQMkwI.jpg
213KB, 1059x1200px
>>16657297
... ???
>>
>>16657456
They aren't
Any desirable trim of fd is at least 10k more than a decent condition twin turbo mk4
>>
>>16656352
Yes. FDs are pushing 20k in SoCal. A bunch of millennials are now being able to afford their childhood dream car from fast and furious.

I doubt they will reach muscle car Barrett Jackson prices, because millennials get paid 30% less than boomers at their age or some shit like that.

It is a good investment, but also fuck people that hold cars as investments. Cars are meant to be driven. That is why a bunch of classic cars are getting expensive due to demand while they shit in some boomers garage.
>>
It will appreciate, but not by any amount that is worth considering an investment. Unless you buy dozens of them.

Consider it a car that you can buy, enjoy and maintain for 5 years, and sell on for the same amount or a small profit that will cover your ownership costs.
>>
>>16657333
everyone who isn't a busrider or a benchracer but is an actual enthusiast likes 300zx
>>
>>16657722
Identify your country.
>>
>>16658361
australia. and dont you dare post a usdm supra for 60k
>>
>>16658368
Then that may be the case where you are. In mine, no level of RX-7 even approaches A80 prices.
>>
>>16656352
That's a stupid question. Cars are shit investments.

The question you should be asking is if you will be able to sell the car down the line for what you paid for it inflation adjusted if taken care of garaged. The answer for the RX7 is yes if it's a manual.
>>
>>16657195
I hope you realize inflation is a thing so unless they gained at least 30% dollar valued they actually have dropped.
>>
>>16656352

its going to sit, rot away, youll die and your kids will sell it for $4000. trust me, dont buy a car as an investment. only buy it to enjoy it

i bought one of the first few thousand Toyota Supra made years back, January 1979 numbers matching all paperwork the works. guys uncle died and left it to him, he said "i just want money to put into my Honda Accord" and sold it to me for $2600. it now appraises for 6x what i paid

thats all thats likely to happen to you if you think of cars as an investment, just buy them to drive the piss out of and enjoy
>>
>>16656509
The FD is a beautiful car that performs very very well. The supra is ugly, the 300zx is o.k, the 3000gt looks like cheap shitty plastic gobot, not even a real transformer.

If any 90s Japanese car is going to be seen as collectible it might be the FD. It will never be worth as much as a 2000gt, but it might be like the 240z.

It should be noted that the value of a 240z pales in comparison to its competitors of the time.

I don't think the FD will skyrocket in value, but it will steadily climb slowly.
>>
>>16656352

normies don't really know or care about the fd rx7 though, so I don't expect its value to rise like the 911 or e30 m3

I'd say the s2000 has a better chance of becoming a collectors car than the fd rx7 due to huge honda fanbase
>>
>>16660308
>normies don't know about the rx7
>that's why every shit craigslist post has rx7 as a bait tag
>>
>>16660268
>The supra is ugly

I disagree.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.