[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2017 Honda CR-V Ex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 2017-Honda-CR-V-3.4-630x354.jpg (35KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
2017-Honda-CR-V-3.4-630x354.jpg
35KB, 630x354px
So I need to get a new car since my 1995 Acura Legend is giving me problems, the radio barely works, the previous owner bypassed the heater core because it probably is leaking and the sunroof is leaking (I'll fix it next week I found out how)

Anyways I'm looking into crossovers because I enjoy higher ride heights, I'm tired of being shorter than a teenage girl while driving sedans and such. So I took a look at the best in the class (non-luxury) and found that the best is the Hyundai whatever, Mazda CX-5, and the CR-V.

I test drove the CR-V in the EX trim with AWD and loved it: the same MPG as other sedans minus hybrids; AWD for snow and mud and shit; turbo with a quick enough engine to have me merge into the freeway and race to the next red light/stop sign; foldable rear seats for large cargo, I could go on

Its got an MSRP of 28k but I'm not paying anything more than the dealer invoice.

Long story short what do you guys think? Should I take a look at other crossovers or different trims on the CR-V or what?
>>
https://www.subaru.com/vehicles/outback/index.html

> You could thank me now
>>
>>16651593

Mm nah no thanks subarus are shit now
>>
>>16651599

Well ideally since you're just now getting rid of the Legend, you should pick what you enjoy driving the most. I personally find Hondas too mainstream.

Reason I suggested Outback is that it's one of the best AWD vehicles, and it's not a car everyone will have.

But the EX for that price is worth it compared to the Outback which is $32k for something similar I think
>>
>>16651648

I did really enjoy it, it's cushy and has fantastic technology and is fun to drive, while the outback has that subaru thing to it but has a hard as hell ride with stiff ass seats and a 2002 entertainment package. I don't let my car dictate who I am
>>
File: Mazda-CX-5-2013-hd.jpg (422KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Mazda-CX-5-2013-hd.jpg
422KB, 2560x1920px
I prefer the interior and exterior styling of the CX-5 over the CR-V.

My wife and I were shopping around for a car for her, and it was between the Mazda3 and the Mazda CX-5. I preferred the SUV, but the mazda3 was cheaper and had better mpg, so that's what she chose.

Good cars.
>>
>>16651535
The Legend is 100 times the car the CRV is. Fix it. It's worth it. Don't get a cuckover.
>>
>>16651694

The leather seats are fucked and it's an old car, I would prefer a new car that can carry stuff like a bike or shit to go camping, although the legend does have a big trunk it fit my friends bike after he took both wheels off

>>16651689
Yeah the Mazdas I hear are more responsive and fun to drive but the technology isn't as advanced I think?
>>
>>16651707

Mazda have unlimited Miles warranty too I think, anything 2015 and newer
>>
>>16651711

I don't need miles though I barely drive, the AWD is just to have it in the first place like I will probably go to the mountains/camping twice a year. I live in california
>>
>>16651711

Shit never mind, only Canada
>>
>>16651707
how many times in the last year did you go camping or biking? i'll wait. you're not going to turn into some outdoorsy fag if you buy a crossover .
>>
>>16651726

Exactly 1 time, I didn't take the acura because the heater core to the snow which is the reason I want a car that could take me up there. And I would like to be an outdoor type or at least have the possibility of doing so.
>>
>>16651707
I think the technology is fantastic in her Mazda3, and the Mazda CX-5 has similar stuff.

The backup cam, nav, Bluetooth connectivity, and the actual buttons and switches look nice, feel good, and are logically placed.

The engine is an MZR, which is a relatively older engine (first introduced in 2006, but based off of a much older Duratec, but very popular engine used for racing), but the skyactiv treatment brings it back to the future with great mpg and peppyness.

I love the MZR's. I've owned 5 cars that have had different variants of them and never had problems, and could always find tried and true DIY's that might possibly show up.

That's the advantage of older engine archetypes. Plenty of knowledge base and revisions to make them increasing better and more reliable.
>>
>>16651657
The Subaru Forester in XT trim is the direct market competitor for the CRV. Did you only drive the Outback with the 2.5 liter?
>>
>>16651744

I will test drive the mazda since my friend has a Mazda6 and enjoys it.

>>16651747
No I drove the Forester and it was the same as the outback. My friends mom has the Outback and sitting in the passenger side I felt every bump and wasn't impressed with the interior quality. What is up with those doors that slam shut I feel like I can break the door down with a punch.
>>
>>16651738
>living with a broken heater core all this time
why haven't you fixed it? stop being a poorfag.you can get an upholsterer to fix the seats and then pay 1500 or 2k or whatever it is to do the heater core. then you have a mint luxury car. Honda has gone down hill since then and aren't worth buying anymore.
>>
>>16651769
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rCRwRbw76t0

Just in case you think the door slam quality is more important than the AWD quality. Did you know not all AWD systems work the same? Or was bumpy ride really your biggest concern?
>>
>>16651771

Because I don't like throwing money into an older car with 190k miles on it and I gave the reasons why at the top. It's got too low a ride height and not as quick as I'd like even though it is very cushiony while driving

>>16651789
Interesting video but 2 things, 1. I would prefer a non-biased video from a third party instead of Subaru and 2. I'll be doing driving in normal conditions 99.5% of the time where I doubt I'll traverse such a steep hill. I might as well get a jeep or something
>>
>>16651804
A legend with 190k is better than a crv with 20. Only women and cucks buy crossovers. You should probably kill yourself.
>>
>>16651804
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2015/09/best-suv-snow-small-suvs/index.htm

Here you go, or is CR too biased for you as well?

Also, if you pay "Invoice" for a Honda, I'm not sure there is any amount of words, videos, or prayers to the auto gods that can save you from your self.
>>
>>16651817

Go back to your 1930 Model T grandpa
>>
>>16651771
>Honda has gone down hill since then and aren't worth buying anymore.

I don't completely agree with you, but Honda has been putting out a less attractive product recently. After 2012, I stopped caring about what they had to offer.

The CR-Z is kinda cool, but it gets MPH similar to the Fit, but in a much smaller package and with the added complexity of being a hybrid.

The fits cool, but there are much better 5-door hatchbacks out there like a Mazda3.

The Civics have become bigger than old Accords, and the Accords have become huge.

The CRV's are just boring looking and have no edge.

The Ridgeline isn't really a truck.

I'd take a sienna over an odyssey any day.

And their weird crossover looks retarded.
>>
>>16651831

Good article thanks, that still puts the CR-V above the shitty Rav4 and sitll has me considering it.
What do you mean by the invoice part?
>>
>>16651599
>Subaru's are shit now
I'm literally a Honda guy through and through but any Subaru will shit on the crvs all wheel drive system any day of the week. Subaru has THE BEST all wheel drive system on the market. Honda's all wheel drive system is front wheel drive all the time until it detects wheel slip and sends power to rear wheels to compensate. Subaru's us a 50-50 metric split from the front to rear diff with LSD

The only cons they have from the crv is mpg
>>
>>16651837

The Sienna is a beast, my mom's V-6 gets you where you wanna go in comfort.

The HR-V is a smaller CR-V I found was trash like a middle mix of the Fit and the CR-V
>>
>>16651845
If you really like the CRV best I guess Woody Allen was right, the heart just wants what it wants. Sometimes that's a 17 year old Asian step daughter, sometimes that's a CRV.

What I mean about Invoice is that is not the best a dealership can do. I have sold cars for 10 years and I am familiar with many different manufactures invoicing schemes. I'd they print out a paper and show it to you and circle a number and say that's my invoice it's probably true, but there are still about 1k in holdbacks and incentive/inventory money not accounted for in that number that they will get back after they sell the car. Example. MsRP is 28k, invoice is 25500. That means the dealership did pay 25500 to buy that car and put it on the lot. But they don't actually buy the car until you do. The manufacture sets aside a little bit extra of that 25500 to compensate dealers who take a bath on vehicles here and there. If dealerships actually sold a car below invoice they would loose money, shut down, manufacture looses market share ect. So after the car is sold, the dealership sends the bank the 25500 that they owe the manufacture and the manufacturer releases the hold back money. That way the dealership still makes at least 1k by selling a 25500 vehicle. Average new car profits nation wide are less than 900$ per car now. There is also a system most manufacturers have, knowing that new cars dont keep the dealership open (service department does) that every quarter if they hit thier sales goals the manufacturer sends them a check for 50-100k based on over all performance. Not hitting that sales goal can be catastrophic. This new car dealers have the lowest profit margins of just about any product sold in the modern world. So of you want a good deal, just keep hammering away at them. But dont walk in and say you want 1k below invoice, they don't want to have to give away a car with little to no profit. Wait until they show you the numbers and then be unreasonable and inflexible.
>>
>>16651535
AMC Eagle
Fiat Panda 4x4
Suzuki Jimny
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.