[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2007 saturn aura died >tow it to a buddies house and replace

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 2007POS.jpg (150KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
2007POS.jpg
150KB, 1024x768px
>2007 saturn aura died
>tow it to a buddies house and replace the fuel pump because all signs point to no fuel
>still doesn't start
>take fuel line off and try to crank
>gas only dribbles out
wtf
>wheel bearings also dying
>it's also pissing out coolant

I can't keep paying to have my car fixed or having it die for a week at a time.

should I just get a lease? or just hoof it until I can afford a decent car that won't break down every 5,000 miles?

I've only ever had cars with over 200,000 miles before, and they were mostly saturns.

not an /o/ regular and not too smart, plz no bully
>>
dis sum booolshit
>>
>>16650899
I don't know what you mean?
is it completely obvious why the fuel pump wouldn't work?

or am I shitting up the board or something?
>>
Did you check the fuel pump relay or fuse? Does the fuel pump turn on at all? Is the fuel filter clogged? Are the fuel lines clogged?
Wheel bearings/hub assemblies shouldn't be that bad, just a bit pricy if it's the latter. As for the coolant just find where the leak is and replace the part. Could be a hose or something. Not that bad.
>>
>>16651540
came here to post this.
>>
>>16650873
>take it to mechanic
>they have it fixed by the next day
>????
PROFIT!
>>
>>16651540
fuse and relay are good, the new pump came with a new fuel line, and it only dribbles when it's pumping and not hooked up to the rest of the car.
pump came with new filter.
>>
>>16651725
Was it a direct fit pump or did you have to wire up a connector? Better yet, you have a picture of the pump?
>>
>>16651841
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/PFP0/A43013/02535.oap?year=2007&make=Saturn&model=Aura&vi=1434407&ck=Search_fuel+pump_C0401_1434407_3431&keyword=fuel+pump&pt=C0401&ppt=C0025
>>
Carb swap or call up Uber until you can afford a car, OP.
>>
Try giving the fuel pump another power source and see if that helps, either from a separate battery if you have one or run your own wires direct from your existing battery.

Its really all that could be stopping a new pump from delivering fuel, unless the swirl pot in the bottom of the fuel tank is not filling up properly.
>>
>>16650873
At least take it to a shop and have them diagnose the actual problem. if you cant afford the repairs then just do it yourself
>>
>>16653163
Okay how about this. If you have a voltmeter, probe the outer 2 pins on the connector while the key is in the on position without starting the car. Lemme know what voltage it says
>>
If its the ecotec, unplug the mass air flow sensor near the airbox and try and start it. If it starts, replace maf.
>>
>>16651698
>take it to mechanic
>they cant find the problem
>car keeps randomly dying
>take it to different mechanic
>still cant find problem
>car now wont start at all
ISHIGGYDIGGY

piece of shit is still taking up space in my garage
>>
/o/ is such a sad place
>>
Have you tried what I mentioned earlier yet? The maf has a ton of control on these vehicles.
>>
There is also an issue with one of the wires behind the fuse box in the trunk that runs to the FP relay. Remove the relay and check for corrosion on the box side. You may need to remove the fuse box and inspect behind it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.