[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diesel appreciation thread. I think its amazing that you can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: bmw-2-liter-diesel-engine.jpg (266KB, 1024x755px) Image search: [Google]
bmw-2-liter-diesel-engine.jpg
266KB, 1024x755px
Diesel appreciation thread.

I think its amazing that you can filter old cooking oil and run it in a diesel. It's unbelievably awesome that you can distill your waste plastic back into oil and run THAT in a diesel.

I think its incredible that two stroke diesels use their fuel as lubrication, whereas in gasoline two strokes you need to add oil to the gas.

Please, tell me more awesome stuff about diesels
>>
File: Detroit4_71T_front_right.jpg (60KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Detroit4_71T_front_right.jpg
60KB, 640x480px
diesels are ruined by
EGR
DEF
and cats.
im eager for the day diesels are reliable again.
>>
>>16647336

LETS TALK ABOUT VARIABLE DISPLACEMENT

imagine a motor that can run on gas, diesel, and farts. Maybe one day crude distillates so thick its only used for bitumen...?

Who knows.
>>
>>16647328

I have never seen a two cycle Diesel engine that uses diesel fuel as a lubricant for any moving parts other than the fuel injection system.

Where did you pick this up?
>>
>>16647328
>I think its amazing that you can filter old cooking oil and run it in a diesel.

Not in a new diesel. Unless you want to replace your entire fuel system.

Modern diesels are almost pointless when they need 5 computers, 50 sensors and a 6 inch thick bungle of wires to run.

>>16647578

Old earth moving equipment can start on gas then switch over to diesel. Deuce and a half's are multi fuel too.
>>
>>16648387

Don't be silly. They are using almost the same number of channels or less than a modern electronically controlled spark ignition engine.

There are 67 channels for a Toyota 1VD-FTV CRD diesel V8 using a Denso PCM, and 118 channels for a 2GR-FE in a Camry.
>>
>>16647328
Old NA diesels had shit power but were undestructible and could drink almost any oil.

Nowadays they're just as complex as a performance engine with often twinturbos and lots of complex shit, so they really need to run clean. Problem is with EGR and stuff like that, they just can't. Look at the oil after a few thousands KM, shit's darker than your mom's areolas.

More and more countries are beginning to move away from diesels, especially in western Europe. It's only good for trucks and taxis imo.
>>
>>16649438
>More and more countries are beginning to move away from diesels, especially in western Europe
sauce? thought diesels were king there.
>>
>>16647328
Diesels used to be pretty good when it came to reliability and fuel economy,but modern ecology bullshit is killing them.
>>
File: ford69compl.jpg (60KB, 857x720px) Image search: [Google]
ford69compl.jpg
60KB, 857x720px
>>16649438
This
Grandpa's truck won't make it to 300k miles anymore with just oil changes and maybe a few glowplugs. Modern diesels make incredible power but are to complicated for their own good.
>>
>>16649683
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/dec/02/four-of-worlds-biggest-cities-to-ban-diesel-cars-from-their-centres

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/11/27/france-may-still-ban-diesel-vehicle-sales/
>>
File: 1266342064120.jpg (913KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1266342064120.jpg
913KB, 1920x1440px
i like driving diesels but dont want to deal with DEF
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.