[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This a common thing? Truckers finding places to park for the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: WP_20170211_03_44_38_Raw.jpg (312KB, 1632x918px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170211_03_44_38_Raw.jpg
312KB, 1632x918px
This a common thing? Truckers finding places to park for the night in backwater towns.

I'd imagine it's harder than finding a Pilot or Wal-Mart, but I'd also imagine they run outta space.
>>
It's been really common in Europe for a while now. Planning has completely slept on the increasing amount of road transport, and our highway stops are hopelessly overfilled at night, so the truckers have started to park in industrial estates in nearby towns.

Then again why the fuck not, the US have thousands of square miles of unused parking lots at night, so why not let trucks stay there? If there's something the US will never run out of, it's parking lots.
>>
>>16645845
i see some park at the mall all the time when i'm leaving work but my town isn't small it's small but not like dirt roads or some shit, i never see truck stops around my town or i guess i've never searched for one either
>>
>>16645863
I didn't search for anything, he's been idling all gal dang night across the street from me.
>>16645861
There's a lot of places with no idling diesel vehicles ordinances, or places where they put up signs every few meters to make it impossible for trucks to park there. Or, in Pittston's Wal-Mart's case, since they didn't like their parking lot covered in piss bottles they installed low clearance thingers so trucks can't enter the parking lot.
>>
>>16645885
Do Americans have no common curtesy? I've never even heard of a piss bottle problem here even with all the polacks and ukrainians and so on.
>>
>>16645892
>Do Americans have no common courtesy?
No.

>>16645845
Common as fuck. Truck stops full = find somewhere to stop. Anywhere but a highway ramp.

>>16645861
>It's been really common in Europe for a while now.
I work early shift, and my commute usually takes me past half a dozen trucks sleeping in laybys and the few bus stops that aren't thrust out into traffic.
>>
>>16645892
>polack

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Dunno why, but trucker culture is filled with equally fantastic people as much as the lowest of the low.

Truck stops are equally well stocked with equipment and food as much as they are with illegal drugs and hookers.
>>
>>16645861
>so why not let trucks stay there?
Because there are dirty grubs who will shit on the pavement and just leave it there.
>>
>>16645845
>Truckers finding places to park for the night in backwater towns.
As a driver, I'm acutely aware that truck parking is at a premium. Truck stops will be more than full by 4pm, and rest areas by 6 and a lot of shippers/receivers do not allow trucks to stay once they're loaded/unloaded. Lots of states no longer allow trucks to pull off an on/off ramps like they used to. This leaves drivers to find whatever hole-in-the-wall they can to overnight.

>>16645892
>>16646027
Even as recently as the late 90's this was rare since trucking pulled people that had some drive and self-respect. As the pool of recruits has fallen through economic classes and is now mostly pulling from the bottom, which includes recent immigrants from areas that have different ideas of personal hygiene such as designated shitting streets, this sort of thing has been on the rise. Not to say that poor immigrants are the sole cause of drivers being pigs. Plenty of home grown pigs drawn from poor areas in the US too.
>>
Truckerfag here.

There are two reasons we do this. Big one is, all the truck stops are full, which is usually after 8pm.

Another reason we do this is if we have an appointment nearby in the AM, we try to park close to it so we can get unloaded without having to start our clocks. We can only drive so many hours a day and have 4 clocks that run, a 70 hour on-duty for the week, an 11 hour driving clock, an 8 hour break clock and a 14 hour on duty clock. That 14 doesn't stop once we get rolling, even if you sit all day at a shipper or receiver waiting to get loaded that 14 does not stop and you have that period of time to get your day done. The other clocks can be reset or stopped by stopping and changing your status to off-duty.
>>
>>16645885

Hasn't stopped Swift from trying to park there lol I drive for Prime our main terminal is down the street from that Walmart and about once every few months a Swift truck gets hung up on those beams lol
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.