[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gasoline-Electric

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 5162894895_9d7949561e_b.jpg (241KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
5162894895_9d7949561e_b.jpg
241KB, 1000x750px
Instead of making lame hybrid cars, why don't manufacturers just make a car with an gasoline engine that turns a generator that powers an electric motor? you would have no batteries and instant torque
>>
>>16645605
powerloss
>>
You retarded fuck. This is bait.
>>
>>16645605
Every time you convert one form of energy to another, you lose some to other processes (vibration, heat, etc) so the more conversions you have (chemical -> Mechanical -> electrical -> mechanical, in your case) the less fuel efficient it is. Also the gasoline engine has to be turned by an electric starter, which requires a battery.
>>
>>16645618
>not cranking your engine by hand
>>
>>16645618
>not spring starting your engine
>not fuel starting your engine
dude its 4034/2 come on
>>
>>16645624
>>16645633
I'll have you know that all of my starting is done through fission.
>>
We should just go back to strapping horses to our carriages. ICE was a stupid idea. Who the fuck approved this shit.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_vehicle#Series_hybrid
>>
That was called a Fisker Karma.
>>
What about a diesel-electric car, just like the locomotives?
>>
>>16645605
Why not just use more hybrid transaxles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmHpSyTsfm0
>>
>>16645605
The problem with this is that you'll have internal losses converting energy from chemical to mechanical to electrical to mechanical again. However, you can make this more efficient by having the engine only run at 1 single RPM point, and heavily optimising it for that RPM point - normal ICE engines are horridly inefficient because they have top operat ein a wide RPM range. However, you'd still need a battery in that system as a buffer.

>>16648435
Volvo and several others are already producing diesel hybrids. They're quite good.
>>
>>16645868
and chevy volt
>>
>>16645605
It's called BMW i3
>>
File: 1486793700620.gif (2MB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
1486793700620.gif
2MB, 500x294px
OP never watched Top Gear and therefore deserves to die in his/her sleep.
>>
>>16649742
top gear's for nerds
>>
>>16645624
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPIfF_Bc_w0
>>
audi was toying with this with the new Q7 but for one
>its expensive
>its FUCKING HEAVYYYY.
diesel drivetrains are really heavy
batteries are really heavy

also diesel is essentially dead with dieselgate
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.