[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /o/ this is my first post on here and I come bearing the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 3k.jpg (131KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
3k.jpg
131KB, 640x480px
Hello /o/ this is my first post on here and I come bearing the question what is the best method on wrapping your car or parts of your car? Which suppliers offer the best wraps for reasonable prices and any tips for the steps and techniques used in getting a clean wrap on your car.
>>
>>16644611
I drive a 99 Mitsubishi 3k GT all white and would like to wrap:
>spoiler
>side view mirrors
>roof panel
>lips in the front bumper (small parts)

Any info much appreciated
>>
>>16644620
You can't wrap your own car. It will look like shit. You are going to have to pay someone to do it.
>>
>>16644700
they are small parts, I'd do it 10x over and get it right than pay someone the extra cash for it
>>
>>16644782
Oh god you are wrapping random parts? Don't rice your car out man.
>spoiler
no
>mirrors
hell no
>roof
pay someone to wrap or paint it
>bumper lips
ibid
>>
>>16644796
If anything the most I'm going to do is smoke the tail lights and wrap up the roof and bumper lips. I've had the car for years with the same white look it's time to change things up
>>
>>16644700
My manager wrapped his E93 M3 himself and it looked fine, I never got birds eye view though. Said he watched Youtube videos and took his time, had to re-wrap some things. Took him a couple days to figure out the door handles so he was driving around with a mostly wrapped car with white door handles, pretty funny.
>>
>>16644833
I just assume anyone who asks for such advice here has no idea what they are doing. Possible, yes. But its not that much money to have it done by a pro.

How did the wrap work with the convertible top?
>>
>>16644854
It was an E92, got mixed up there.

You're also right this guy has no idea what he is doing and will probably do a shitty job with shitty materials.

The guy I worked with who did it was Asian and a very very smart guy. He was also my manager and made a lot of money(hence E92 M3) so he could buy all the things necessary for a quality job that a shop would have that your average joe schmoe wouldn't get for a home wrap job.

A lot of DIY jobs people won't clean the car beforehand properly, will buy a shit quality wrap, won't apply it patiently and properly, etc.
>>
>>16644892
>A lot of DIY jobs people won't clean the car beforehand properly, will buy a shit quality wrap, won't apply it patiently and properly, etc.
Agreed. And a lot of home jobs done properly like by your fellow bimmerfag manager probably cost as much as paying someone to do it, they just prefer to learn, have the tools for next time, and the pride of doing it themselves.

I tried to wrap some trim on my brother's bmw, and holy hell. We just gave up, took it off, and plastidipped it.
>>
>>16644892
>>16644937
Kinda like people who tint their own cars imo. You think for $400 the shop is raping you, but it comes with a warranty, 3M vinyl, done by someone with experience, and isn't your free time worth something?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.