[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long does it take to charge a completely dead battery? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: battery.jpg (32KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
battery.jpg
32KB, 800x600px
How long does it take to charge a completely dead battery?

I currently have it set up on a 6 amp charger, and everywhere I read says it takes 6+ hours to fully charge it up. But I don't need a full charge, just enough for the engine to start so I can go grocery shopping and stop starving. Does anyone know how long I have to leave it charging for?
>>
>>16641569
depends on the battery, 3 hours should be sufficient on a not shit charger
>>
>>16641569
If your battery would have 60 AH and would be completely empty it would need 10 hours for a complete charge.
>>
>>16641569
well if you charge it enough to start the car barely once then drive 5min down the road to store. Now you have dead battery at the store. take the bus to store while batter charges or get enough juice to start car once and charge it by driving the car
>>
>>16641569
never let a battery go compleatly dead or its fully charged capacity will decrease

also never go grocery shopping on an empty stomach or while hungry
>>
>>16641590
>never let a battery go compleatly dead
Sorry, but I didn't have the specialized equipment at the time to handle a sudden -30 C chill overnight. I made sure to turn on the car and let the engine charge the battery for 10 mins before bed, but it didn't help and it was dead in the morning.
>>
>>16641603
Use less electricity when driving to charge the battery faster.
>>
>>16641603
sounds like that battery is on its last legs
>>
>>16641603
if the battery is 100% drained after one night of cold then the battery needed to be replaced ages ago

if it still has some juice then it only takes about 15 minutes of charging to have enough power to turn over

plug your block heater in, get an electric battery blanket, or even leave a trickle charger going overnight

block heaters can be gay because most modern ones wont even kick in until the trucks thermostat is -18C, windchill doesnt factor into that and can fuck your shit up, thats why battery blankets are nice because they run no matter what when plugged in
>>
>>16641724
too add on this
>6 amps
what the fuck? is that your litte sisters charger? get something bigger
>>
>>16641569
>How long does it take to charge a completely dead battery?
The newer digital display battery chargers display a percentage charge for the battery. That's determined from the initial state.

Car batteries are normally charged at 8 Amperes, but smaller batteries might use 6 amperes. Generally, the chargers sold nowadays are 12A, 8A, and 2A for the tiny motorcycle batteries.

If your battery can only handle one day's charge, then it is probably worn out. But your battery charger can probably verify that for you since if you charge it fully and then it only lasts one day, you know the battery is bad. It doesn't go from 100% to none in one day unless it's bad.

A battery charger is also good for topping off batteries. But don't leave the battery charger on if it is at 100% since you don't want to bubble off the fluid in a lead acid battery. That will mean you refill with distilled water sooner.
>>
>>16642196
>12a, 8a, 2a
what the fuck

60amps is the lowest setting mine goes to, it goes all the way to 300a for a boost charge

fucking losers and your fucking dollarstore chargers
>>
>>16642527
300A is for starting the car directly from the charger.
60A is for a quick re-animation of a dying battery that you're gonna soon replace.

It's generally not recommended to charge lead-acid batteries with a current higher than 0.1 of rated capacity (e.g. 6A for a 60Ah battery) if you care about longevity.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.