[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I teach myself manual, /o/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1485065532963.jpg (94KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1485065532963.jpg
94KB, 750x750px
I don't know anyone with a manual vehicle and dont have the money to invest in a manual car.

What do? rental? go and test drive manual cars at dealerships?

I'd like to practice, youtube videos only go so far...
>>
Buy a motorcycle, learn how to ride that, boom you know manual
>>
>>16637287
You can buy a running manual car for $500 if you look hard enough. A dirt bike would also suffice, but it is not exactly the same.

No rental place in the US rents manual cars because people will just destroy the clutches trying to learn on them. A dealer definitely wont appreciate you trying to teach yourself how to drive stick on the fly and potentially crashing the car
>>
>>16637959
>You can buy a running manual car for $500 if you look hard enough
a bretty good idea desu
>>
>>16637959
>>16637971
I'd have to spend the money to register it, and, because of my area, insure it.

i was hoping to avoid that, dammit.
>>
>>16638006
Maybe you could tow it to a parking lot or someone's property?
>>
why would you bother learning manual if you don't need to?

it's easy as fuck, youll learn it within 2 minutes if youre even the least bit mechanically inclined. i wouldnt worry about it
>>
>>16638006
You could just title it and just drive it around the neighborhood and Hope you never see any cops, that's what I would do. It's not really worth insuring a $500 vehicle imo. Save up or borrow some money and get a dd that's manual for maybe 2k probably less
>>
>>16638017
my plan is to eventually buy a car with a manual transmission, which means i'll have to test drive it.

>>16638012
Maybe, my areas a bit difficult because its a suburban / urban mix

>>16638025
DD?

This'd honestly be what i'd probably end up doing.
>>
>>16638038
Daily driver is dd.

If you don't know anyone with a manual you can learn on then just wait until you have the money to buy the manual car you want and learn on that
>>
File: (you).jpg (48KB, 948x960px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
48KB, 948x960px
>>16637287
>watch the 100s of videos on youtube teaching you how to drive manual
>read a few fucking paragraphs on it.

It's not that fucking hard.

In the time you took to make this thread and reply you could be halfway finished with watching this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waeOibnmuJk

God damn I have no idea how old you are but you have the entire internet at the tips of your fingers but you choose to ask this dumb question on a malayasian sweater knitting forum for fucks sake
>>
File: 1485302052744.png (585KB, 718x802px) Image search: [Google]
1485302052744.png
585KB, 718x802px
>>16638050
Don't be so tsundere anon-chan :3 :3
>>
>>16638050
already watched that video.

I understand the concept of a manual, i wanted to try and practice it irl though.

------------------------

thanks for all the suggestions btw guys
>>
>>16637287
>>16637287
>>16637287
http://cars.lovetoknow.com/Teach_Me_How_to_Drive_a_Manual_Car
>>
>>16637287
Stall it until something works
>>
If literally no one you know has a manual car then plan b is just to get the car you want and figure out it.

If you go to a dealership and say
>If you walk me through driving this manual car I want, I'll buy it
I would expect a sales person to teach you in order to get the sale
>>
>>16639515
lol I want to do this and pretend like I don't know anything and then drift around the parking lot freaking the fuck out of him
>>
Just watch loads of videos and go over it over and over in your head. That's what I did and I drove my RX8 home two hours from the dealership. Not perfect but it worKed. Then I practiced on extremely steep hills until I could do that no problem, then everyday driving was easy. After that just practice more racey heal toe stuff if as you go.
>>
>>16639519
lol
>>
that poor pigachu
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.