[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is weathertech worth the price? $200+ for floor mats is a lot.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

Is weathertech worth the price?

$200+ for floor mats is a lot.
>>
>>16633382
Husky liners are WAY better and sometimes even half the price
>>
>>16633382
Only if you're retarded and don't know how to hold drinks, or if you're coming in and out of your car with muddy shoes
>>
>>16633388
What makes them better?

My last car came with weathertech and they were nice. I just bought a new car and when I went to look up the price it was a little too much. I wanted to get the trunk too but that's another $150 bucks.
>>
>>16633391
Muddy shoes is my biggest problem. Not just me but people that ride with me.

I don't eat in my car or allow it but no matter how well someone "cleans" their shoes mud still ends up inside.
>>
>>16633382
lazer cut mats is a gimmick. just go get some mats from your local retailer of choice.
>>
They look like shit in under a month if you live in the northeast.
>>
>>16633532
well you have to remove them and scrub them off every now and then if youre going to put your snowy salty boots all over them
>>
>>16633402
>What makes them better?
they cost less and do the same thing
>>
>>16633567
It seems like if you don't scrub them down every time after you get in your car they turn to shit
>>
>they don't have OEM optioned rubber floor mats
>>
>>16633532
I've never seen snow. I live in SE Texas.
>>
File: northridge-driver-grey.jpg (65KB, 600x611px) Image search: [Google]
northridge-driver-grey.jpg
65KB, 600x611px
>>16633382
Go Lloyd's Northridge instead. Custom fit to any car, and the water/gunk pools up in little individual pockets so all you have to do is pull it, out, spray it down, let it dry and it's brand new again.
>>
depends on if you care about the fact it's made in the US and not in china.
>>
Some people prefer the matt look and stiff fit of the weathertech floor mats because it looks "classier", but I can tell you that it'll look like greyed out shit soon enough from all the gunk and shoes that go on top of them.

Just get Husky Liners. Search on EBay. I waited until there was one of those flash Ebay says where you get $15 off $75 and then did a best offer of $10 below list price on a set of brand new Husky Liners for my WRX and they've been great.

It can also depend from car to car. In many instances husky liners give better coverage because they go up higher, but I don't think that's always the case (I've seen some weathertech mats that go almost all the way to the doorjambs, but it depends on the car).

Husky Liners are also made in the USA, and come with a lifetime warranty, and don't slide around as much as Weathertechs because they have spikes on the bottom.
>>
Btw, I also want to note that none of the laser fitted mats offer truely COMPLETE protection because some small amount of dirt and salt is going to get up on the walls of the footwell just because your shoe is going to rub against it just a bit sooner or later.
>>
>>16633402
>>16633570
They also have a way better trim to the vehicle
>>
File: IMG_20170114_191511.jpg (4MB, 2610x4640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170114_191511.jpg
4MB, 2610x4640px
I would love laser fitted mats. But they didn't have them for my car. You can see I was already fucking up the original mats so I folded and ordered their normal rubber mats. They don't look as cool, the walls would certainly help keep dirt from getting underneath.
>>
Anyone use tote box lids with cardboard lined in it sitting on top of a trash bag stapled to the carpet? Cost me $0 and shit works
>>
File: 446james_may.jpg (23KB, 446x251px) Image search: [Google]
446james_may.jpg
23KB, 446x251px
>>16634513
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.