[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

worst country of car people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

not the laws or their cars.
but the people who occupy that space.

i choose australia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpS3vOErZdA
>>
File: 1486048018926.png (393KB, 606x608px) Image search: [Google]
1486048018926.png
393KB, 606x608px
Bawww
>>
>>16623347
America.
>>
>>16623399
he thinks im a yank
>>
It's Germany and don't even start dispute. They've got very strict TUV (vehicle inspection) + no mods allowed, everything aftermarket even if it doesn't affect safety is out. Or so I've heard, I'm not german
>>
Netherlands.
>Gas is 'cheap' when it's 1.60 euro per liter for the bottom tier octane. That's 6 euros for a gallon of shit tier fuel
>Road taxes up the ass. GF pays 40 euros per month for her mercedes A180. I pay 140 per month for my golf GTD le ebin dirty diesel meme.
>Insurance only gets cheap with 5+ damage free years. Have to make a claim? You'll lose 5 years worth.
>Changed ANYTHING on your car? OY VEY GOYIM, you have to get it reinspected for a few hundred bucks.
>Otherwise standardized annual inspection
Downside or upside l, depending on how you see it:
>Pretty hard to pass driving exams.
>No mandatory winter tyres.

On the last note, I often have to laugh when I hear about people who visit Germany, where they have mandatory M+S tyre laws, and get butthurt when they get fined for not having winter tyres
>>
>>16623437
Oh, and cars are expensive as fuck. 120k for a mustang gt? Fuck off
>>
>>16623347
more like worst country in general

australia is why you shouldn't take prisoners
>>
>>16623431
mods are allowed but it is tied to strict rules. the positive thing is, we barely have any ricers and stancefags anymore.

austria is far worse. everything that applies to germany + everything costs a fortune. (2€ per hour parkin in the city from 8a.m. until 10p.pm. on streets you already paid taxes for, 1,5€ per litre of gas, vehicular-tax is calculated by the power output AND displacement so having anything stronger than 60hp and 1.0l displacement leads to paying everything you have to the goverment) for car guys this is hell here. most of my friends who are into cars register their cars in germany because its way cheaper. but you have to hide your car in a garage. driving longer than 3 months with foreign number plates ends in fines up the ass and jail time.
>>
>>16623431
>>16623437

Funny how I can grab shit from both and it basically describes Portugal

>low tier petrol is at 1.55€ right now
>displacement tax through the fucking roof
>anything outside factory spec is illegal, including parts from an higher trim of the same car (say you want a tyre size from an higher model, you need written permission from the manufacturer, and most just flat out decline), and you need heavy sums of money if you want to legalize anything

In fact I have a cringeworthy story about this

>friend has a '92 1.3 Mitsubishi Colt (Mirage), wants to build a GTi replica (1.8)
>needed written authorizations from the IMTT (our DMV), the brand, and an independent auto engineer to approve the project. All 3 did sum close to 500€ alone, just for the engine swap
>keep in mind this was a 750-1000€ car at most
>but wait, there's more. He still needed to pay the tax difference for the displacement increase
>I'll give you a few seconds to hold onto your butts
>get ready for it
>7200€

No, I did not get it wrong. Fucking seventy-two hundred euros just for the displacement tax on a 20 year old car. Needless to say, he gave up.

If anything, our insurance at least is cheap. Being 27 I'm paying 220€/year for a petrol 1.4
>>
File: 1485769689917.jpg (97KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485769689917.jpg
97KB, 720x720px
>>16623426
Who cares mate I just don't.

Victoria is the worst state here anyway followed by NSW and qld as 2nd worst and nobody gives a shit about SA NT WA TAS or act are all too small population
>>
>>16623534
Did you just say that there is no good state?
So australia is the worst
>>
File: 1448864858939.jpg (74KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1448864858939.jpg
74KB, 720x960px
A few points for us carfags here in Ireland.

>diesel HIGHLY favored over petrol, tax is cheaper for diesels and they are also exempt from emissions testing at yearly inspections.
>Petrol is expensive, and there is NO grades of petrol here (like premium, regular), here its just one type.
>Tax system changed in 2008, to be based off emissions and cc rather than just cc. And remember, diesel gets a free ticket here for emissions. So after 2008, nearly all cars sold here are diesels, and if you want a petrol, they are tiny cucked engine sizes.
>If you want a higher litre petrol (2.0 would be considered high here) you have to buy one older than around 2008, which means HIGH taxes of at least 750euro.
>Insurance. Its mandatory here, and the companies operate with no regulation. Just recently they have decided all cars older than 10 years, are now unsafe and subject to high premiums or just labeled un-insurable. So remeber, you want that petrol car from 2008 and earlier? We wont insure you and you are now illegally driving.
>Our roads are full of potholes, so your suspension and shocks get fucked big time.
>>
>>16623347
is that meant to be an aus flag or what
>>
>>16623437
At least inspections are easy enough to pass, insurance is far from the worst and used car prices are surprisingly decent.

Oh, and cyclists normally know and respect the laws of the road.
>>
>>16623347
Cunt, that's the NZ flag
>>
>>16623654
NSW and SA are decent for car culture
>>
>>16623347
so you posted a pic of the completely wrong flag. amerifat spotted
>>
>>16626253
Trolled softly
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.