[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some advice. Asked this in a thread earlier and got no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_5294.jpg (243KB, 1600x948px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5294.jpg
243KB, 1600x948px
I need some advice. Asked this in a thread earlier and got no responses, help me out /o/.

Looking to buy a daily driver for under $4-5k. Needs to be AWD, reliable (or simple enough I can wrench without a dealership) and fun/sporty would be cool too. I've narrowed it down to three recurring vehicles available in my used market:

>2004-5 Audi A6 allroad 2.7t
Can be had with ~130-140000 for my budget. Like the solid engine output figures and utility of the larger estate body. Fear electronic gremlins (Audi) and the reliability of forced induction over time. Nicest interiors of anything I'm looking at, sometimes can find a 6MT. Fear maintenance prices.

>2003-2005 WRX hatch
Can be found with around 120k in my budget. Really like the body style, fun little cars. Interiors aren't special but I'll save money on insurance over a "premium" vehicle. Only concern is the forced induction relivility especially on a little boxter but these seem to have decent longnevity provided you're not tuning.

>2004-2006 Infiniti G35x Sedan
Can be had with ~120-140k in my budget. Seem to be the funnest car of the three, even early models have good power. Lack of super/turbo leads me to believe they're also a fair bit simpler to maintain than the other two but I'm no expert. Unfortunately awd only comes in automatic, and I've heard these things can be a money pit.

What say you /o/? I want a ~$4k car that I can get another 60-80k miles out of, and have a good time doing it. I don't own any other vehicles, what should I go with?

Pic is my dream but unavailable in burgerland
>>
Go with the WRX. Pretty easy to work on and parts are fairly common. Audis and VWs are expensive and gay unless you love them. (I work on them and for the most part like them but you need special tools for almost everything). Infiniti g35 is decent choice too but everything is kind of crammed in there from what I've seen. I like space in my engine bays.
>>
>>16620911
>any of those
>reliable
Pick one. Just get a civic for 3k and snow tires.
>>
>>16620948
this
>>
File: IMG_4469.jpg (78KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4469.jpg
78KB, 450x600px
>>16620931
Cool thanks. Honestly I'd expect the wrx to be more cramped than a g35 but idk. And good call with the VAG propriety, my stepdad has a well equipped garage but he's always been about his BMWs and wouldn't have any Audi tools.

>>16620948
>>16620964
I'm not afraid of preventative maintenance, I'd be replacing components as per mfg suggestion. I know I can get less headaches from a civic but... I just don't want a civic. I don't have a good reason, they're just kind of soulless cars and entirely unappealing to me personally.
>>
>>16621200
Drive one. They have great shifters and are very light and tossable on good tires. It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

If you can only afford 5k you can't afford any of those cars. The allroad will rape your wallet with the air suspension and timing belt. The wrx will blow headgaskets and spark plugs are a bitch to do and it's been abused by boyracers for 13-15 years. The G35 has probably been owned by boyracers or niggers and not been taken care of. The vq35 is also prone to burn oil and you've got the extra awd parts that wear and need to be replaced. Get a fucking civic and get a better car when you have more money.
>>
>>16620948
>>16620964
Poorfags fuck off.
>>
>>16621200
This guy also has info worth noting. >>16621259

I know you want something with soul or whatever but Hondas are great for multiple reasons. You learn all the basics of maintenance and if you fuck something up you can just go to the junkyard and there are 20 of your car's generation staring at you in the face. You could also go for a non-turbo Subaru with a manual transmission.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161119-084335~2-1.jpg (478KB, 864x1175px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161119-084335~2-1.jpg
478KB, 864x1175px
>>16620948
>>16620964
>>16621259
memes aside this is honestly better than any of OP's ideas. there might be something better out there if you find a deal but unlikely.

seriously just use the money you save to tighten up the suspension on the civic a little and have fun. don't waste your $$ on money pits and buy something better when you can afford it.
>>
>>16620931
>>16621200
G37 > G35, most of the 35s are starting to fall apart at this point anyway so theyre not gonna be that great of an option much longer
>>
>>16620911
>audi: upmarket volkswagen
>infiniti: upmarket nissan
get the scoobaru
>>
File: IMG_6330.jpg (1MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6330.jpg
1MB, 3024x3024px
>>16621259
>>16621299
>>16621315
Noted, I'll start looking for hondas. Especially agree about the allroad, seems like a financial time bomb.

>>16621328
I don't think I can find a 37 in my price range, or haven't been able to so far

>>16621529
>>16621299
I've had friends maintain their subies for nothing, while the 35 and a6 are out of the running I still think I could do ok with some permutation of an Impreza
>>
>>16621985
Yea because a clean g37 is 16k+. 20-25k for a low mile one owner.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.