[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good Platform Car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I'm looking to get a car that I could put completely custom parts on (seats, suspension, drivetrain, hell maybe even engine) but I don't want to buy a fully built car just to tear it down to scrap. The style of car I want is a light 2 door sports car like a Gt86, I don't want a 4000 pound Challenger. I also want it to be street legal. Any ideas?
>>
>>16618307
ls swapped e36 is the way to go 100%
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Full car from OP
>>
2000 mustang GT
Acura RSX
Acura Integra
EG Civic
AWD Civic Wagon
>>
>>16618307

Foxbody
>>
http://www.factoryfive.com/kits/type-65-coupe/
>>
File: 1450454134530.jpg (239KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
1450454134530.jpg
239KB, 1200x799px
>>16618307
>>
>>16618307
A new car you can bolt shit on to or a old used car that you can bolt shit on to?
>>
miata
>>
>>16618307
Any inline engine car. Memes aside it has less complicated mechanisms with one cylinder head. An inline 4 is going to give you some space in the engine bay compared to an inline 6 along with less weight and camshaft rigidity. Running gear is pretty much similar on each car to modify just gotta be mindful on dimensions and part compatibility.
So probably:
EG Civics
EK Civics you can try and find a "Type R"
Any Corolla just bear in mind that the meme box trueno is most likely high maintenance if it's low cost probably multiple faulty components which can add up pretty quickly.
Any generation MR2. The 3rd generation though the lightest and most refined can be a hit and miss in terms of aesthetics if that's what you are going for.
The obvious miata choice if you would like to join in the circle jerk in the general threads. Can be a task to find an older generation with a well maintained body for a reasonable price. Second generation has greater potential as it has a six speed instead of a five and has increased reliability.
Mazda 3 too though I'm not sure about the parts market for the vehicle.
>>
Fiero.
Body panels detach easily from what I've heard. Same with the interior. You can customize the car inside and out however you like. I've heard of engine swaps being done as well with LS motors, as well as Turbos and superchargers. One of the safest cars of its time too. GM parts bin product so while build quality won't be great, you can get parts anywhere, and anyone can fix it with basic tools. Dirt cheap too. Hope this helps
>>
File: image.jpg (679KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
679KB, 1600x1200px
the answer is obviously miata.
>>
File: ls swap.jpg (195KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ls swap.jpg
195KB, 1600x900px
>>16618307

Lightly used 86 with a LS swap.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.