[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

997 911 Turbo vs C7 Corvette w/supercharger+heads/cam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 4L_8MxRxGS4.jpg (265KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4L_8MxRxGS4.jpg
265KB, 1920x1080px
What's up /o/, I'll be in the market for a performance car soon and I need your help. I'm looking for a car that I can put 10k miles on per year (I don't need practicality at all, only reasonable reliability). The other criteria is that I need to be able to beat a Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 with 610 AWHP in a 60-130 pull (yes I know how this sounds, but I swear it's not a shitpost and there's a story behind this). I'm trying to stay under $70,000 after all mods. The two cars I've come to are the C7 (possibly C6 if I feel that the upgrade isn't worth it) with a supercharger and heads/cam, which should make close to 650 RWHP, and a 997 911 Turbo, but I'm not sure if a 911 Turbo can pull on an LP640. Are there any mods other than a tune that can help the 911 out? Also, I'm really open to other suggestions, those are just the two cars that I've been able to narrow it down to. Thanks br/o/s, I know the post sounds pretty retarded but help me out here.
>>
You're better off with the corvette. Tuning porsches is expensive, and wound tighter from the factory than the corvette. The corvette will wreck a murci with reasonable mods.
>>
Assuming u are not a troll, that merci is going to be tough to beat at 60-130. That trash is a v12 that revs to the moon. If you want to beat it, it can be done with a c7 and twin turbos. Easily make 1000hp but you WILL need drag radials to hook and beat it. That trash will never hook with street tires.

Option 2 would a awd v10 Gallardo and twin turbo it. More pricey though but that engine can handle stupid amounts of power if you build it. I'm talking like 1500-2000hp stupid.
>>
Look into the C6 z06. Stock they had close to the hp numbers you want. Also, they look way better in person than in pictures
>>
>>16617559
Need for Speed playing bus rider detected
>>
Go for lightness and traction

Something like a weight stripped zzw30 with a k series boosted to all fuck
>>
>>16617590

>Hi 4chan, I need a powerful sports car that can take on a V12 610hp supercar, what's the best option?

OOH OOH, THROW MORE SHITBOXES AT IT
>>
>>16617564
son i drive a 800hp 5.0 coyote race car

try again
>>
File: 4L_oriKQkfj.jpg (9KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
4L_oriKQkfj.jpg
9KB, 318x159px
>>16617606
>>
>>16617628
no you dont
quick your bus is coming
>>
>>16617556
That's what I've been leaning towards; I prefer the visibility of the Porsche but the looks and performance of a Corvette seem too good to pass up
>>
>>16617559
Definitely can't afford even a base gallardo, let alone a TT kit that costs nearly as much as the car itself
>>
>>16617561
I absolutely LOVE the way the Z06 looks, even more so in real life. Unfortunately, the ls7 doesn't seem to take boost well, which is why the zr1's ls9 is built on the ls3 rather than the ls7.
>>
>>16617590
Absolutely not possible to drive at high speeds; also there is no real way to make that reasonably reliable. In addition, id like to be able to resell the car with less than a $10k loss.
>>
>>16617628
Tell me more. Also bread on hood faggot
>>
>>16617556
Agreed, Porsche leaves very little room for improvement in their cars
>>
>>16617628
Still waiting for bread
>>
>>16617540
im a huge cocksucker for porsche but the corvette is your best bet here
>>
I'm sure this is like saying "the sky is blue", but the Corvette platform has perhaps the largest aftermarket of any car on the market today. When it comes to aftermarket modifications, the sky's the limit, parts should be easy to find/readily available, and they're extremely easy to work on, at least from what I've heard.
>>
A 996 turbo will give you more money for stage huge turbo. You be looking at about 20 grand on top of the price. Of the 996.. but you will get 650hp and 700 with race octane
>>
There is no better highway performance platform than a c6 z06. Slap on a bigger blower or swap to a procharger, throw cooling mods at it until the IAT's are below 55, then shit all over the murcielago.

Actually just buy a built z06 already for like 70k. They're all over corvette forums n shit, mod aren't worth shit if sold with the car
>>
File: IMG_20161028_175816.jpg (319KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161028_175816.jpg
319KB, 1024x768px
>>16620870
I'm looking at an 1100hp ls7 twin turbo c6 right now for 55k on corvette forums
>>
So you guys don't think that there are other cars other than a Corvette to meet my goals?
>>
>>16617628
No you don't. Fuck off.
>>
>>16621279
Not within that price range... Unless... No... It's too dangerous... But you seem desperate so... There is legend of an affordable car so powerful, so track ready that it has its own cult who offer blood to appease their speed god... They call it... El Miata... But be warned anon, with such great power and reliably, comes great risk to one's own sexuality.
>>
Get a 3k civic. You'll smoke it with a couple of mods.
>>
>>16621585
something like this comes to mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv5RgioWZ9M
>>
>>16621608
Exactly. And that's stock. Can you imagine what it would be like if you did some work to it? Scary stuff
>>
>not ls swapping an s2000 and taking off with the force of a thousand suns

https://youtu.be/pLEYdsQGcPI
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.