[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can /o/ Identify?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

This motor is in a slightly modified 1990 integra. Can anyone tell me if it is stock or no? Also, is it VTEC?
>>
>>16617055
1st gen b18a1 128 HP
Non vtec
EBay intake with eBay exhaust
>>
>>16617055
Pretty much looks stock.
Besides the header and intake
>>
>>16617067
>>16617068
Thanks man. Good platform to tune? Also, they yanked out the power steering pump. Is this common for old hondas?
>>
>>16617384
No PS is fairly common for old hondas, never experienced it on an integra though. Also note the ebay strut tower bar (that's the only thing i'd actually remove as it only adds weight). And no, not great to tune. The only time a B18a1 is making sufficient power is in a lighter EF civic.
>>
>>16617055
jesus christ that ronald mcdonald colour scheme. fix that monstrosity if you get it.
>>
>>16617414
What's the benefit to removing PS. Can't find any definitive info on the internet

>>16617489
God damnit. Now I can't unseen it
>>
Body is straight. Runs good with the exception of the gas pedal sticking. 1500$ fair?
>>
>>16617509
No there's no benefit idk why ricers do it.

>>16617529
Not exactly a great deal but it could be worse.
>>
>>16617610
These old Acura are pretty dependable yeah? Would be my dd as I fixed it up and played with it
>>
>>16617610
>No there's no benefit idk why ricers do it.
Ricers are fucking stupid, but if you use your brain you'd realise that power steering is run off a pulley driven by the motor. Removing it is one less accessory to suck power from the motor.
You also get better steering response and can "feel teh road" better. People on this forum are seriously useless
>>
>>16617384
I'd get a 3rd gen as I use to have one for 3 years. The b18b1 in the 3rd gen is Alot better for tuning and boost or you could drop a high compression jdm b20b in it.
My brother has a 1993 integra he still dailys. (140HP) but yes they are extremely reliable and fun cars to drive Alot of people remove power steering for "teh better feel of teh road and car" but I wouldn't remove it.
>>
>>16617695

>but if you use your brain

Removing the ps pump does not make it a manual rack, the benefits of which which you just described.

All you're doing is ensuring that your steering rack falls apart from lack of lubrication.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.