[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ok /O/, im looking to buy a JDM car or at the very least buying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: takumi.jpg (35KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
takumi.jpg
35KB, 400x300px
ok /O/, im looking to buy a JDM car or at the very least buying a car that comes from a Japanese manufactorer

im going to exclude Subaru because of their boxer engines being a bitch to work with and Honda because the only good thing to get from them are Type R DC2 Integras and Type R Civics which they're worth a minimum of $10k AUD (im a ausfag living in QLD)

im really not picky in the terms of the type of drive train. although i would like FWD or AWD due to extra grip

and also im not allowed to choose turbochargers or superchargers due to me being on a P plate

also fuck Toyota Celicas since the only good Celica is the ST205 and i cant drive that due to it being turbocharged

plz halp

also my budget is $8k (im in the middle of saving up for it since i only have $800 atm)

also pic unrelated. AE86 parts are rare, they're overpriced due to the Takumi tax and they're usually rusted out in Australia
>>
>>16616259
mr2 sw20 n/a

do it bitch
>>
>>16616317
i heard good things about the MR2 SW20. even though the snap oversteer thing is bit of a issue, it can be fixed with good tyres
>>
>>16616328
if you make it snap oversteer youre just bad at driving it
>>
>>16616341
from one of my mate's talking about snap oversteer he said this

"fit it with good tyres, dont break during corners and dont drive it like a retard (like trying to drift it)
>>
>>16616341
whats the engine like?
>>
File: 345-Legacy GT-B (27).jpg (184KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
345-Legacy GT-B (27).jpg
184KB, 800x533px
>>16616259
Subaru engines being a bitch to work on is a meme, excluding spark plugs on DOHC models. Everything else I've done to mine was super easy. IACV, purge valve, alternator, knock sensor, power steering hoses and pump, etc. All of it was easy because it's right on top, not buried anywhere. Spark plugs also aren't a problem on SOHC subies because they're on top of the head instead of on the side by the frame rails.

Since you're in a country with reasonable import restrictions, I'd go for a second gen Legacy GT-B (wagon) or RS-B (sedan). Twin turbocharged, easily tunable 276hp and tail-happy AWD isn't anything to sneeze at. Don't get one with an automatic though, they have an engine with worse heads and less horsepower.
>>
>>16616387
well thats the thing, the meme bit is the spark plugs which requires taking out the engine then putting back in just to replace spark plugs on DOHC

also i cant get turbocharged due to restrictions on being a P plate.

any other recommendations? also i heard that Subarus are expensive to run anyways
>>
>>16616387
>and also im not allowed to choose turbochargers or superchargers due to me being on a P plate
>>
>>16616417
that's Queensland life yo
>>
>>16616259
>and also im not allowed to choose turbochargers or superchargers due to me being on a P plate

What a load of shit. This is the same kind of bullshit they've been doing to our gun laws in the U.S.
>>
>>16616439
i live in Australia. You live in America. its a whole different ballgame

here's the source https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/licensing/driver-licensing/applying/provisional/restrictions/index.html

>inb4 i could get a exemption

considering i live with my parents (im 20) and they have vehicles themselves and i get to work here and to from the bus. it would be impossible to get it
>>
File: subaru-legacy-250t-12.jpg (54KB, 640x500px) Image search: [Google]
subaru-legacy-250t-12.jpg
54KB, 640x500px
>>16616411
Oops, didn't see that part. They had a regular NA 2.5L 165hp version that looks like the GT-B/RS-B minus the scoop, called the 250T.

You'd probably be better off with something 2WD than AWD since you can't get a turbo though. I'd look into something like an S13, skyline GTS-25, FC RX-7, or even an RX-8, if you can find a clean one that's already had the apex seals replaced.

The AE92 corolla coupe (levin/trueno in japan) is one of my favorite front wheel drives, I'd love to have one with a blacktop 20v 4AGE and ITBs. Sounds amazing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g5UOZbV7Z4
>>
>>16616482
im iffy on Silvias but that's because everyone i know drives them like maniacs

im considering getting a R33 Skyline since its good value. i would get either a R32 but that's expensive to maintain or i would get a R34 but only the good one's are the GT-R variants. not to mention they are turbocharged but also AWD

as for the Rotary engines. i cant own one considering they get destroyed due to where i live it has a ass ton of moisture in the enviroment which wrecks apex seals

im considering AEs (post 86) as long it doesnt its below 150xxx kms on the odometer
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.