[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Project cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

I want to drive early 2000's/90's/80's shitboxes fast and my only prerequisite is having fundamental knowledge of what takes place in an engine and other components of a vehicle so I can at least diagnose the issues that my car is having. I want it to be a hobby and not a lifestyle. Where do I start?

Also, I do not have a sport shit box at the moment. Right now I drive a 93' accord.
>>
I'd get either a pre OBD car (early 80s) or early OBDII car (94-96 depending on manufacturer). Primitive pre OBD and OBD1 is a pain to work on/learn.
>>
>>16615843

Get something that came with a stock turbo
>>
>>16615862
>>16617585
Thanks for the reply. Are there any youtube channels or guides for beginners that teach the anatomy and processes of an engine and other car components?
>>
>>16615843
get a w20 MR2? One with supercharger or 3sgte? should be simple toyota engine to work with.
>>
>>16619844
On the contrary, I have been told that mid engine vehicles are difficult to work with. Is that offset with the easiness of working with a Toyota engine?
>>
bump

Also looking to start working on a car with no experience
>>
>>16618533
yes.
ETCG
ChrisFix
Schrodinger's Box has some videos that are great in terms of understanding electrical systems and Fuel Injection.
>>
>>16615843
If you live near cleveland i'll get you an '89 300zx in gold that needs a transmission swap but already has a manual tranny and clutch waiting for it. its rusty as shit but still solid.
>>
>>16623367
900 bucks
>>
File: IMG_20170131_144427215.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170131_144427215.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>16623360
Thank you so much
>>
>>16623367
I do not live in the Cleveland area. but i appreciate the offer
>>
>>16623776 as in the Cleveland area i mean being in or near the state sorry I'm /o/tarded
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.