[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what year do you think airbags became safe enough to make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2017-02-05-13-47-59.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-05-13-47-59.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
At what year do you think airbags became safe enough to make changing to an aftermarket steering wheel a bad idea? Pre 2000? Pre 1995?
>>
that year they made airbag systems that didnt explode in your face in a 5mph fender bender.
>>
>>16615165
Anything after 90-93 is worth keeping. You have to remember that when air bags were originally designed, they were made because no one fucking wore seat belts back then. So they were a lot more powerful and they worked in different ways.
>>
>>16615165
imo if you are going to replace your wheel with a aftermarket one you should be also installing a fixed bucket and a rollbar/ harness combo
>>
>>16615229
>>16615165
just for the fact that if you got in an accident and fucked yourself up your friends and family wouldn't think you were a completely retarded ricer
>>
>>16615229
I've actually already picked a set of seats and I've been giving a lot of thought to the harness but for a dd that seems like not a great idea
>>
>>16615195
What happened between 93 and 94 that changed things?
>>
>>16615646
Sorry the reason I ask is that the car in question is a 94. I do know it's the first year it came with the airbag installed
>>
IMO if it didn't come with an airbag, it's alright to swap. Keep the stock wheel unless you're just gonna track it.
>>
>>16615261
Yeah, without a harness, you will just smash your face into the wheel. But for a dd I would not use a harness, in some cars, you can't even reach your ac or radio. For a dd just keep your stock wheel.
>>
>>16615782
I do see where you're coming from but with early airbag safety being what it is that's why I'm considering it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.