[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How broke is my car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1672.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1672.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Approx 40mph impact centred pretty much on the wheel.

All doors and the boot/trunk open and close fine with no noticeably larger gaps between panels.

It had to be driven into line for the recovery truck to get it because of the position it was in, and the wheels turned fine.

Internally, the only issue seems to be the side airbags have gone off, not the drivers bag.
>>
>>16615123
Almost every insurance over here in Germany would write that car off. Sorry senpai
>>
>>16615134

I'm the no fault claimant, so regardless of outcome it's not going to cost me a penny, I was just lucky to pick that car up at the price I did.
>>
>>16615151
Oh I assumed as much. It looks like the rear axle is broken and that usually goes with a bent chassis as well, at which point you might want to consider getting a new car.
>>
>>16615172
The recovery mechanic had a quick look underneath and his opinion was that it was just collapsed suspension, unfortunately I've had to abandon it at a relatives for a few weeks because of work and that's delaying the insurance mechanic coming out.
>>
based merc, still build stronk
>>
>>16615190
That's good to hear. If it's just suspension + superficial damage it'll just need it's toe etc. realigned after the repairs and it'll be good to go.
>>
It's totaled, would be around $10k to fix it properly and I highly doubt that car would sell for that with a salvage title
>>
>>16615312
That's what I'm hoping too.

>>16615336
Its insured for £20k, similar are valued at £18k at the moment. It makes economical sense for the insurance companies to repair surely?
>>
File: Gopnik.jpg (61KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Gopnik.jpg
61KB, 600x450px
Hey cool,

OP, can't wait to have your car.
>>
>>16615123
kill yourself for driving that ugly shitbucket op
>>
>suspension is fucked
>airbags deployed

Yep its totaled.
>>
>>16615621
>tfw used car import in russia is completely kill
>>
>>16615682
Doesn't matter what the outside looks like from the inside faggot.
>>
>>16615123
Pick-&-pull a new door and taillight. Pull and paint for ~$700 if you have them rivet a patch and bondo the bumper cover instead of replacing it. Don't give up hope, look around for quotes.

Disclaimer: Price is for a rural shop where the guy's kid kicks the corner of your door panel loose and tracks clearcoat dust all over your carpet.
>>
>>16615371
but the cars value would depreciate so much after that kind of an accident, you'd be paying for the repair but then the car wouldn't be worth anything near 18 cuckbucks
>>
>>16619574
The value of the car for resale is irrelevant to me, I generally buy at the top end of my budget and run it until I've got enough saved to buy something else. I had a 3 Series I ran into the ground before the E-Class.

>>16619504
Hopefully I won't have to resort to trying to fix it myself. But glad it's somewhat achievable.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.