[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I did an oil change on my 1996 Toyota RAV4 2 months ago. Just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: feel_computer.jpg (40KB, 452x363px) Image search: [Google]
feel_computer.jpg
40KB, 452x363px
I did an oil change on my 1996 Toyota RAV4 2 months ago. Just this week, while driving my oil light comes on and then disappears. Lasts like 1-2 secs. Sometimes it flashes twice or so. I checked the dipstick and it came up dry (I pulled it out with engine off, it had oil, wiped it and the next reading came up dry). There are no leaks, no blue smoke. Im going to do another oil change and see how much comes out, but what could be causong thr light to come on and dipstock to be dry
>>
>>16610624
>but what could be causong thr light to come on and dipstock to be dry
You're burning oil.
>>
>>16610624
You under filled it
>>
Trump approved the Dakota Access pipeline, and all your oil has been sold to Canadians.
>>
>>16610627
Fuck how do you diagnose the cause and fix it
>>
>>16610752
Do a leakdown test.
>>
>>16610755
I dint have the time or tools for,that, how much will a shop charge me? Do i just tell them im burning oil?
>>
>>16610624
You probably underfilled it, if the oil pressure warning light comes on then you have probably caused some major damage to your engine.

If you cant find any traces of thick blue exhaust smoke or any oil leaks then the only cause is you not filling up enough when you changed the oil.
>>
File: oil_screen_sludge.jpg (89KB, 939x389px) Image search: [Google]
oil_screen_sludge.jpg
89KB, 939x389px
>>16611081
Also, the oil light can come on intermittently if the pickup tube in the oilpan is sucking in air instead of oil due to the oil sloshing about in there when driving round a turn for example.
>>
>>16611081
Nah man it required 4.3 and i put 4.5. Its not the 1st time i do oil changes
>>
>>16610752
Probably has jewed piston rings
>>
>>16611129
oh oh wait

i noticed the light comes up EXACTLY often when im doing right turns

care to explain again/tell me how to fix it?
>>
>>16612115
Oil sloshing not being picked up by the sump.

It seriously seems like you aren't adding enough
>>
>>16612127
then yea im probly burning up oil. gonna do a change tomorrow, see how much is left.

do you recommend adding Lucas
>>
>>16612134
No because adding lucas you have to substitute a quart of oil
1 bottle of Lucas plus 3.5 quarts of oil.

Do a change and look at it then put 5 quarts in it after the change and check it every 1200 miles
>>
>>16612138
alright thanks man
>>
File: 1411545078606.jpg (20KB, 731x565px) Image search: [Google]
1411545078606.jpg
20KB, 731x565px
>>16612138
I changed the oil this morning and i only had 1 quart

I drove it for 60 miles yesterday

How fucked am I, what should i look for in the near future. Im gomna drop it off at the mechanic tomorrow
>>
File: 0205171227.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
0205171227.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>16613994
Here is a pic of the sparkplugs, a little bit of oil is getting in

Also, the spark plugs were put in 2k ago
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.