[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I adjust my idle point on my car (2003 Ford 4.6 engine,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: DSC01195.jpg (39KB, 504x378px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01195.jpg
39KB, 504x378px
How do I adjust my idle point on my car

(2003 Ford 4.6 engine, do have performance tuner if needed, idles at 1100 when cold, want it at like 700)

Could this idle in cold be normal if it goes down when the car warms up?
>>
File: yiffpatrol.jpg (256KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
yiffpatrol.jpg
256KB, 1280x854px
>>16610466
IACV yo
>>
>Could this idle in cold be normal if it goes down when the car warms up?

Yes, all cars idle high when cold, it's all part of the emissions system.
>>
Ok, thank you guys. Stupid question but Im young and couldn't find the answer anywhere. Is it easy to adjust the idle via the idle set screw on the TB?

Or is that best not to do?
>>
>>16610466
>Could this idle in cold be normal if it goes down when the car warms up?
Yes it was designed like that so that it won't stall.
>>
>>16610488
There shouldn't be a idle set screw on the TB.
>>
>>16610575
yes that was an 80's thing
>>
>>16610488
>Is it easy to adjust the idle via the idle set screw on the TB?
Won't really work. The throttle stop screw only sets the minimum amount of air (Minimum Air Rate) allowed past the throttle and it's usually something really low like 600 rpm. The ECM then uses the Idle Air Bypass Valve (IABV in Fordese) and Ignition Timing Advance to bring the idle speed up to what the software indicates it should be for the conditions present. In order to truly change idle speed and make it stick you would have to change the specified speed in the software. IE a tune.
>>
>>16610594
can i do this with a bama programmer? also how
>>
Why do you want it to idle lower? 400rpm isn't much especially that low.
>>
>>16610488
NEVER touch the idle screw on throttle body with a motor/sensor
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.