[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a good way to learn manual or nah?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Is this a good way to learn manual or nah?
>>
No. Clutch is just an on/off button in almost all racing games. It's not like that in real life.
>>
You could get an actual car for less money than most new wheels
>>
>>16609336
But then it would have a bunch of problens, lots of miles, broken ugly interior, scratches, etc.
>>
>>16609317
YES, imo,it really is! I learned to heel and toe with the G27, no shit.
But you need a good sim for it. Pick Assetto Corsa or some other hardcore-sim.
>>
>>16609317
It probably provides you a basis, but it doesn't replace a real clutch and a real stickshift, since you don't really feel when the clutch starts slipping, how the spring pulls your left foot upwards, when the gears engage, etc.
>>
>>16609317
no.
>>
not for starting and going no. you won't have the tactile feel of the clutch. good for practicing shifting while cornerning and shit with the right games, but you're not going to learn to actually control a manual car in traffic using it.
>>
>>16609388
This. I practiced on a G27 before I bought my manual car. It's great for everything but going from a stop. You'll have to get into an actual car and practice for that.
>>
not really
even simulators are made for those who already know their way around manuel so they simplify it for the sake of not having to learn how to do it with every fucking car

however, they do simulate things that matters, for example in sims like rfactor or assetto corsa you will face consequences if you'll hit the corner with clutch pressed in or if you drop a gear without rev matching and thus it's a decent platform to learn some more advanced techniques like heel'n'toe

>>16609377
actually, in games like assetto corsa you will feel on your wheel when the clutch engages
>>
>>16609317
Not really, learning stick is one of those things you need to 'feel' out, and you can't do that with a computer peripheral because it doesn't simulate how a clutch pedal feels or how the car responds to input.

Save yourself the money and just buy a good manual car. You're not going to explode the clutch by learning in it.
>>
>>16609317
The pedals lack the tactile feedback you get in a real car, such as feeling where the clutch bites: the closest you get is vibrations from the wheel.
It's certainly better than nothing, but you'll still probably need a real car to learn some things (particularly launching from a standstill).
>>
>>16609346
Then sell it for what you got it, if its at or less than scrap value then sell it for scrap.
>>
File: redlining.png (322KB, 637x378px) Image search: [Google]
redlining.png
322KB, 637x378px
>>16609317

yes, you can combine it with pic related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESv4_wPo364
>>
>>16609317
It's a good way to convince us you're a bitch.
>>
>>16609317
No. Get a real car
Actually get both.

t. /ovg/
>>
>>16609317
It's a good way to play DiRT Rally because trying to do that shit on a controller fuckin blows.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.