[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saab 9-5 2.3T

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0736.jpg (82KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0736.jpg
82KB, 600x450px
2004 Saab 9-5
Are these good cars? What's considered high mileage for these? Are they reliable or total shit?

Looking at one with 183k
Asking $1800
Clean
>>
>>16606174
pic related?
>>
Pretty garbage imo. The old saab 900s were good but the 9-5s are trying too hard to be luxury. Lots of bells and whistles that break easily with expensive fixes.
>>
>>16606174
2004-2005 are probably the best years for the car. I have a manual 9-5 Aero and it's a lot of fun.

>>16606213
what bells and whistles? There isn't much complicated going on in these cars. Most expensive thing is the DIC and you can get an oem one for about 400 dollars.
>>
>>16606197
Yes pic related
>>
>>16606174
Yes they are good and reliable. At 183k miles be sure to check how it has been serviced. At that mileage they probably should have changed the turbo. And since you are in the US i guess it has an automatic gearbox wich is good, those are sturdy
>>
>>16606174
I looked at one recently. was pretty terrible, couldnt shift right. Power was ok but it felt ricey to drive, and kinda defeated the idea that it was a lixury exec car.
>>
2004, check the oil, check for oil change records. See if PCV has been updated.

That was the last year of 'sludge' issues...although if it has made it to 183k its probably fine. If it has the t25 turbo that will probably fail soon. If it has the TD04 then it will be fine.
>>
>>16608385
2004 was the year they fixed sludge issues, 2003 was the last year with them.
>>
How about a 2003 9-3 2.0t??
>>
File: IMG_0737.jpg (68KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0737.jpg
68KB, 600x450px
>>16610261
Pic related
>>
>>16610261
little t isnt worth it. big T is breddy good.
>>
>>16610261
S L O W
L
O
W
>>
>>16610372

the lowercase t is nothing special, but the big T is pretty quick for stock. Good tuning capabilities too
>>
>>16612755
This right here.

Also, the price of DICs has gone down, they're $300 now, which is about the price of getting wires and/or coils done by a shop somewhere.

https://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/10655/Direct-Ignition-Cassette-T7-Black-55559955/

And frankly, if you can't change a DIC yourself, you have no hands.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.