[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO PUT AN AFTERMARKET HEAD UNIT IN THIS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 17accord.jpg (279KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
17accord.jpg
279KB, 1600x1066px
HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO PUT AN AFTERMARKET HEAD UNIT IN THIS?
>>
>>16605147
There will be an adapter faceplate in a few years that makes it look flush
>>
File: dremel.jpg (242KB, 3937x1021px) Image search: [Google]
dremel.jpg
242KB, 3937x1021px
fag
>>
>>16605147
WHY DO YOU NEED AN AFTERMARKET HEAD UNIT IN A 2010+ VEHICLE?
>>
>>16605147

That shit looks gay. New cars suck.
>>
>>16605147
Why would you want to? The oem system is good enough and better engineered than any aftermarket head unit.
>>
>>16605574
because the touch interface will break in like 5 years. you know this
>>
>>16605574
OEM systems are always laggy shit that seeks slow, supports less formats and in general a shit, new accords included. Who wants to use touch controls when you can press actual buttons?
>>
>>16605147
That is a fucking ugly steering wheel.

Fucking go with round airbag cover you Ohio cunts.
>>
WHY DO YOU NEED ALL THAT SHIT

SOMEONE
PLEASE
TELL ME

I HAVE ONLY EVER OWNED OLDER SHITBOXES AND I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAAAAAAAND
>>
>>16605938
MUH CONVENIENCE

Im pretty happy with the controls in my 07 civic desu though
>>
>>16605712
I know this, everyone knows this
>>
>>16605147
Too bad, now you autists can't put your shitty $50 walmart head unit in cars any more. Now you'll have to use the stock head unit, that actually fits with the cars interior and doesn't flash 20 different colors. So sad.
>>
>>16605712
Really? Cause my gf drives an 04 Accord with 114k miles on it and the OEM touchscreen works fine.
>>
>>16605147
God, that looks so nice.

Compare that shit to a 2017 Lancer it is night & day.
>>
One audio show I was at I legit saw a new truck with the stock headunit still in the dash and an aftermarket below it. The heat/ac were built into the stock radio and he didn't want to reengineer it
>>
>>16605147
>HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO PUT AN AFTERMARKET HEAD UNIT IN THIS?

Stealth Install. The Headunit is mounted under the rear dash along with any other amp. Your speakers are replaced. Your headunit display is in the visor because it is using its own LAN system. A remote control lets you command functions if you don't want to punch the buttons on your visor.

Better 3rd party Headunits have removable faceplates. You can buy a faceplate mount that holds and powers the faceplate. Mount that to the visor or even a flip up on the inside of the glovebox lid (I've seen that done).

Some units have "egg shaped" remotes which can be operated one-handed. Because of the egg shape, it fits naturally into the hand and your fingers "know" which buttons to push and what order after a little self-training.

Pressing the button switches between using audio from the OEM headunit or the 3rd party head unit but switching is not always necessary. Some amps or preamps have automatic input sensing and will automatically switch to the dominant source or fallback to the other one if the dominant source is off. I had my stealth unit done that way.
>>
>>16605147
>Park
>Reverse
>Neutral
>Drive
>B

What is B?
>>
>>16607127
random gear
>>
>>16607127
I think it actually is supposed to stand for "brake" because people are too stupid to understand that the other gears are for engine braking
>>
>>16605231
This unironically

I am sure as these cars get older and the shit Infotainment ages worst of all people will nigrig something.
>>
>>16605147
people asked this when the 2010+ Camaros came out. There'll be a kit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgQmeDSWbpg
>>
>>16605990
>04 accord
>touchscreen
No.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.