[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stolen vehicles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: rage.jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
rage.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
Do you have any experience with stolen vehicles?

I had a new scooter stolen recently. Police give zero fucks.

With some digging, I've found that at least 2 other scooters of the same model have been stolen in my area in the last 3 months.

What is the most likely situation here? Assuming it's the same people, what would they be doing with multiple units of the same model?

I'm a poor uni student; I had saved up money in a part time job to get this thing, and I took immaculate care of it, because despite the innate dinkiness of a scooter as a vehicle, this thing was my pride and joy. I lost my job 5 days before losing the scooter, and have no money for another one. The thought of someone walking up to my scoot, hotwiring it; putting their scummy ass on it and casually riding away with essentially all my hard work and money as if it was theirs, is killing me.

What's the best way for me to somehow get my scooter back?
>>
>>16602307
Get a dualsport and learn how to shift gears cunt
>>
It baffles me when I see people park their motorcycles or scooters in public locations like on the street or parking garages. It's going to get stolen, lol.
>>
>>16602307
>>16602348
It really sucks man, but that's what happens when you live on or near a college campus. I have friends that use heavy duty bicycle locks for their motorcycles and scooters because they don't want to take that risk.
I know of a couple guys who got ground floor apartments specifically so they could bring their scooter or motorcycle into their apartment.
I doubt they even hot wired it, that takes too long and is too suspicious. I gaurantee you it was 2+ guys in a truck who just picked it up, threw it in the bed, and drove off in under a minute.

The best chance you have is to have the the VIN registered as stolen. Hopefully it's not being chopped up but it probably is. Those guys probably have frames with clean VINs. Look on Craigslist and ebay and see if it pops up. Hopefully there is some defect on your scooter to help identify it. Something like a dent in the gas tank could prove the scooter is yours.
>>
File: IMG_20150926_090925.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150926_090925.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
My beat up old Chevy, daily driver, was stolen not long ago, with my old Honda ATC in the back, on Christmas Day of all days. Fortunately I was able to steal it back the same night. After we reported it as stolen to the police a friend of mine posted some pictures of the truck and ATC in a community scanner/news type group on Facebook (about 18k members in a town of 90k people) and within half an hour somebody spotted it parked at the end of their block in plain sight, three wheeler still in the back, undamaged. We hopped in buddy's car, ripped over to the address, and beat the cops there by a couple of minutes. Cop was chill, checked my ID against the plates, and said "well, you beat us to it so finder's keepers, we'll close the investigation, have a good night and drive safe".

Whoever stole my truck got off free but at least I got it back the same night with no damage. It was only a couple of minutes from the parking lot it was stolen from, I have a feeling the guy either chickened out and ditched it on a random street or realized he was a fucking retard for stealing a beat up '87 Chevy worth $1000 at best.
>>
File: WfBi5j0.jpg (190KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
WfBi5j0.jpg
190KB, 1024x768px
>>16602410
I've had the VIN logged as stolen. I've subscirbed searches in online auction sites to see if my scoot pops up.

You're probably right about how it was stolen. Crazy thing was that it was in a store carpark with goddamn security cameras pointed right at the spot it was stolen from. Police obviously haven't even bothered to query the cameras; I've visited the store to see if i can get my hands on the footage myself. They said they'd get back to me. Hopefully at the very least we can get a license plate of the van/truck. But shit, if i was a thief, i'd just have fake plates :/

>>16602728
I posted similarly in a group of 20k people. It's how I got the info about the other same models that were stolen. Nothing apart from that though. Really good to hear that you got your rides back

I've hit up a couple bike mechanic shops in the city and told them about my scooter/gave them my VIN+engine number just in case someone comes in with it.

This was about a week ago and I'm slowly losing hope.
Man, having your valued shit stolen is such a terrible feeling, especially when you don''t have the means to replace it.
>>
>>16602976
Are you a brit?
Because if so your scoot is already in pieces on eBay
Start googling

Have you checked nearby?
Usually stolen bikes are taken in shops in the range of 150 meters
>>
>>16602307
>What's the best way for me to somehow get my scooter back?
That shit is gone m8. Cops dont give a fuck about scooters or bicycles. Hell, they dont really give a fuck about stolen cars. If it hasnt already been sold to someone in another town, its been taken apart and the pieces are going to be sold off.
>>
>>16602995
>>16603015

New Zealand here.
Scooters aren't even a big deal over here. Most people don't know what's a good or bad scooter. It makes me question the viability of parts resale. But I guess with living costs going up; the market's growing due to scooters' economic efficiency.

>Have you checked nearby?
Yes; no luck.
>>
>>16602307
> Scooter
They did you a favour. Get a proper bike and LOCK IT THE FUCK UP.
>>
>>16604141
you wouldn't believe how often I see cut locks and chains, and the bike missing anyway.

Out of sight, out of mind. Something as simple as a tarp can keep someone from driving by and going "OH FUCK THAT'S SOMETHING I CAN TAKE APART FOR HEROIN!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0z3fSo3XmY

or if you don't mind paying monthly fees, something like this https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1GK3391383&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Surveillance+-+Home+Safety+%26+Security-_-9SIA1GK3391383&gclid=CjwKEAiA8dDEBRDf19yI97eO0UsSJAAY_yCSU_itiglLKjKzwE5C_0uAm1CL8t2cG59S2mhpGxywGxoC2H_w_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
>>
File: slanteyed land.jpg (83KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
slanteyed land.jpg
83KB, 460x345px
>>16604099
A $300 dollar scooter can probably pull twice that amount if you part it out. I bet your scooter is all over SE Asia by now.
>>
>>16603015
funny how here in belgium somebody reported a bicycle stolen somewhere in the late 90's, and a few weeks ago they found it. and gave it back to the guy.
>>
>>16604386

One bike...in the 90s. Wow, you dont say. How does it feel knowing your country will be completely underwater in 50 years?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaNHxxg7uMo
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.