[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

05 hyundai elantra GT The fucking radio wont turn off and is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1.07 MB.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1.07 MB.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
05 hyundai elantra GT

The fucking radio wont turn off and is killing my battery.

I've checked fuses, the door switch, and the ignition switch seems to be working. Stock radio.

It worked fine, parked it for 2 months, and suddenly the fucking radio will not turn off when the key is out of the ignition. What do I do?
>>
>>16599901
Pull the fuse you dumbass.
>>
>>16599952
the only fuse that turns it off is the fucking room fuse, and that turns the fucking gauges off.

I need this fixed
>>
when the passenger door is open, the radio shuts off, with the passenger door closed the radio stays on. wtf is going on here
>>
>>16600011
My car has a thing where the radio stays on when the engine turns off until a door is opened.

If you have a similar system, maybe the controller for that logic got fucked, water damaged maybe? Can you trace it to a relay or smaller logic board, or would this be part of the main computer?
>>
>>16600111
problem is I'm not at the car, its my dumb buddies, and I'm trying to help him over the phone.

Theres no way hes going to chase wires to try to find a logic board.

it shouldn't have water damage, it was just at my house and then I let him borrow it. And suddenly this problem started. Nothing should be water damaged.
>>
>>16600111
also, the radio is supposed to turn off when you open a door.

but opening the driver door does nothing
opening the passenger door turns it off
but then CLOSING the passenger door turns it back on.

Im fucking baffled.
>>
>>16600156
That's why I used the term "fucked".

Idk, it's an electrical gremlin: shit's hard to track down. Was just an idea of a place to look.
>>
>>16599901
Why would you park your car for 2 months?
>>
>>16600221
temp tags expired
wouldnt give me anouther because couldnt get it to pass echeck.

let it sit, sold it to my buddy today
>>
>>16600221
i have multiple cars, that one wasnt important
>>
>>16600248
>shit car to begin with
>beat to shit and won't pass emissions
Should've taken it to the junkyard where it belongs
>>
>>16600289
had a exhaust leak
emissions passed
check engine light failed me

Not a bad car, but its a Korean piece of shit regardless

rust free and drives like a dream.

I didnt feel like spending 180 on an exhaust flex pipe and then 90 on an 02 sensor.
so I let it sit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.