[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/red/ Commie Car Periodically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 11

File: Lil Polski.jpg (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Lil Polski.jpg
2MB, 1600x1200px
Prediodical Commie Car Thread
Discuss all sorts of cars produced and/or used in the eastern block countries.

This edition: Polski Fiat edition

>Fiat is a commie car no matter what else you say
>Dacias are commie Renaults
>West Germany is a fake Germany
>Permanent guests: Trabant Family
>>
What's with the recent increase in soviet car posting on /o/ recently?
Cant say i mind because
>soviet satellite
But it still seems odd to me
>>
>>16596981
commie cars are magical

They were also designed very conservatively and car-like, unlike the western autism spaceships with random cancer bulges
>>
File: wortberg.jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
wortberg.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
wartburgs are so communist

they literally made the stereotypical car, it's a sedan, everything is square aside from the wheels

it's the commieblock as a car, a cheap version of the capitalistblock square car like a BX or something
>>
File: Zaporozhets_on_dirt_road.jpg (537KB, 1536x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Zaporozhets_on_dirt_road.jpg
537KB, 1536x1024px
>>16596981
They're cars for the people, not cars for the corporations. You were able to (and had to because all services and parts were in short supply) repair these with basic tools.

Sure, they didn't do a lot, like providing comfort or speed, but in turn whatever they did was done really well, like being simple and rugged and being able to take a beating.

Americans would be scared to go down this road in any of their classics apart from Jeeps.
>>
>>16597057
SÖMMERDA MENTIONED

(I live less than an hour away.)
>>
>>16596981
Part of what makes the eastern cars interesting is that they were designed with completely different ideas, means and priorities in mind. It results in a familiar objects being quite different from the now more widespread norm of what it should be.
In a sense, it's a bit similar to the interest some had for japanese cars when they first became available and were completely different to european and american cars of the same time ; or when the pretty conservative british market discovered BMW in the 70s.
>>
File: wartburg-313-01.jpg (79KB, 1024x453px) Image search: [Google]
wartburg-313-01.jpg
79KB, 1024x453px
>>16597057
Haha, newer versions maybe, from 353 upwards from what I'm aware.

Older models used to look a little bit more luxurious though and from what I heard Wartburgs weren't initially aimed to the people (in the EverybodyEqualâ„¢ system), but upper classes.

From what I remember they were also conceived as cars for party officials so they don't have to import GAZ Volgas anymore.
>>
File: Smokin' for justice.jpg (137KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Smokin' for justice.jpg
137KB, 500x333px
>>
File: 450_94a.jpg (105KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
450_94a.jpg
105KB, 1024x576px
>>16598074
Such a good looking car, sadly rather rare. Also Skoda 450 a qt.
>>
>>16598691
Damn right. There might be a few 311 or 312 but they aren't the 2 door coupes I'm looking for.
>>
File: s51n(3).jpg (65KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
s51n(3).jpg
65KB, 500x364px
>>16596463
May i pay a visit?
>>
>tfw Russia is still to much of a criminal infested shit hole to take a junkyard scavenging expedition too.

a 20 ft container loaded with commie cars will only cost me ~3k to ship from Vladivostok to Seattle.

if i really thought i could make the trip without getting robbed or killed, i'd do it.
>>
>>16599370
>a 20 ft container loaded with commie cars will only cost me ~3k to ship from Vladivostok to Seattle.

Oh? That less?
>>
burp
>>
File: wartburg-353-12.jpg (531KB, 2293x1404px) Image search: [Google]
wartburg-353-12.jpg
531KB, 2293x1404px
>>
>>16599370
>only
Considering you can only fit two cars and a bunch of parts in there.
>>
File: images.jpg (16KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
16KB, 268x188px
>>
they suck a lot and i'm from an ex-CCCP country

Nivas are ok in in the country
>>
>>16596463
>Fiat is a commie car no matter what else you say
You'd be surprised, the Italians love their "comunista"

Seriously, no talk of Ferrari, De Tomaso or Maserati? They were made in Italian city of Modena, which was effectively under communist control for the best part of 40 years.
>>
Maluch > all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0vup71Sv58
>>
>>16602302
He
>>
>>16603200
sick topolino
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.