[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are they so successful?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: carmax.png (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
carmax.png
6KB, 225x225px
-noticeably higher prices than other lots and sellers
-wont let you negotiate on price
-wont stop you from 'walking out'
-won't call you back if you give them your number
>>
>>16590565
>bumper to bumper warranty
>>
File: ISHIGGYDIGGY.jpg (87KB, 420x358px) Image search: [Google]
ISHIGGYDIGGY.jpg
87KB, 420x358px
>mfw a friend tried to convince me the average selling price on carmax was what you could reasonably expect to get from a private sale
>>
>>16590565
Selling normie cars to normies. The ease is worth the price to them.
>>
>>16590565
>wont let you negotiate on price
A lot of people really hate the haggling shit you go through at many dealers. They tell you straight up what they want from you and what theyll give you for what you got. A lot of people have no issue paying more for simplicity.
>>
Probably because no sane human with any self respect appreciates the typical dealer salesman bullshit.
>>
>>16590614
gonna call bs

if it was that simple, people would bite on the first offer from any dealership
>>
>>16590628
Carmax is like walmart. You pay what they want or you go home. People have been fucked by so many sleezy sales people that people prefer places like carmax. A lot of people feel like they might get or have been cheated when they haggle at dealerships, even if they do get a great deal.

Its a psychological thing.
>>
>>16590659
This

I'll probably buy my next shitbox DD from there simply because stealerships are a pain in the ass to deal with
>>
>>16591032
why not ol craigslist?
>>
>>16591108
Because he's afraid he'll get shot.
>>
Want a tip on how to deal with Carmax?

1. Buy your car from them 30 days before needing to get rid of yours. Keep yours for now

2. Find really solid deal on vehicle you want, go to test drive it and FLOG the cunt. I'm talking sudden stops, starts, lock to lock, etc. abuse the fucker a bit while driving normally (warn the salesman first).

3. If issues arise (smells, sounds, etc) demand they do a repair order on all issues, then purchase the vehicle.

4. You now have a 5 day money back guarantee and a 30 day warranty. Find EVERY issue with the car and take it to their service department.

5. They keep the car doing all these repairs you've found and complained about, this should be finished witching a couple days each time (just in time for you to bring it back with the next issue).

6. Continue this for 30 days until you have a partially rebuilt and replaced vehicle of your liking.

7. End of warranty period, 30 days. Sell your old shitbox, keep new to you repaired and guaranteed shitbox because all Carmax repairs are individually guaranteed for 6mo/3k odo.

8. ?????????

9. PROFIT
>>
>>16591108
>why not ol craigslist?
Because sometimes there are scams in addition to the "you got mugged by anonymous thugs before you bought the car and the seller claims no knowledge who thugs are" routine. For example, sometimes, a CL car might have been sold to more than one person.
>>
>>16590565
Because they aren't like general salesmen, they don't make commission so they don't jump on you like a starving rat.
They also put regular gas in all their cars, so if it runs premium don't buy it from there
Personally I don't mind the prices because they're low mileage and generally unabused. I.e. A 128i Coupe can be had with under 60k miles for ~11k
Not the greatest deal in the world but do you know how hard it is to find a non vert 1 series stateside?
>>
>>16591262
what garbage aftermarket parts are they gonna throw on that shit though?

also what shit labor are you going to get when they probably don't pay the techs shit on warrant work?
>>
>>16591938
how do i avoid getting mugged if i want to sell a car on craigslist?
>>
>>16591974
Don't be a faggot.
>>
>>16591971
>what garbage aftermarket parts are they gonna throw on that shit though?
Whatever is cheapest and will last 6 months or 3k miles.
>>
>>16591974
Don't deal with non whites or whites who can't spell.
>>
>>16591974
If the rims are more than 20 inches, or if the guys name is Dontavius, keep looking
>>
>>16591956
>They also put regular gas in all their cars, so if it runs premium don't buy it from there

Is this really true? I almost bought a scat pack challenger from carmax
>>
>>16591974
a gun, a friend, and in an open public area. I also tend to take only the bare min in my wallet and dont keep cash on you, hide it in your vehicle. If it feels bad then GTFO, always trust your gut.
>>
>>16593516
>>16591971
The techs are paid very well actually, with tech and that have certs able to basically gain commission on certain jobs.

Also, they use all OEM parts for anything mechanical.
>>
>noticeably higher prices than other lots and sellers

What are we comparing to here? Car brand dealers or used dealers that get the reject cars that both brand dealers and Carmax don't want or what? Carmax is a big company and can be held accountable more than Pajeet's corner lot can.

>wont let you negotiate on price

Most normies don't want to deal with haggling because it's "stressful".

>wont stop you from 'walking out'

Clingy, desperate salesmen are not welcome at Carmax. No one likes that shit.

>won't call you back if you give them your number

Depends on the salesman. They should be, but they don't hound you.
>>
Carmax is a great fucking place to test drive some example vehicles before you begin circling one at a dealership. If you even think about stopping by a normal dealership to check something out, they'll be calling and sending you shit for the next 3 years.
>>
>>16593612
It's probably below regular. It's trash gas. Yes, it goes in every car.

>>16591956
That's false though. Carmax salesmen do make commission. Not sure if it varies by store but here salesmen get $50 for each car they get a customer to trade in, $200 if they sell a car, and another $100 if the customer buys the warranty.

It's not hard to sell people who come to Carmax a used car. Usually they walk up to salesmen and say "I want this, let's run my credit".

>>16591262
This is also true. You get 5 days to return the car for a full refund. Unless you fuck it up cosmetically, then expect to get denied.
>>
http://www.autonews.com/article/20161021/RETAIL04/161029958/carmaxs-certification-checklist-fails-calif.-law-court-rules

"A federal appeals court in California ruled that CarMax’s component inspection checklist violates a state statue that requires dealers to provide consumers a “completed inspection report” prior to the sale of any certified used vehicle"

I made a comment a long time ago about suing carmax because they failed to disclose my car was in an accident and possibly suing carfax too... Wherever Longpostguy is, He commented on it too (so a bit of an update to that).

I had that same attorney that took Carmax to court to get that ruling and he was working on my case along with that Gonzales fellow.

I ended up getting a complete buy back... They paid off my 2010 370Z and took it back ($13K remaining on loan), refunded every payment I made ($6K), Refunded every repair the car needed ($3K) and refunded my down payment ($11K)... I walked away with just shy of $18K after paying off the lawyer.

My dad's POS BMW is next, Same lawyer and they are going to settle for the same... He bought his BMW literally a week after I got my 370Z and has barely driven it but it has amassed about $6K in repairs, Most of it covered because fortunately I talked him in to getting the extended warranty, But not all of it was covered... Like when the coils went bad, they were going to cover only 1 so he had to do pay for the other 5 and a few more stuff.

I think if people sue them for selling shitty unreliable and wrecked cars instead of giving up and dealing with it on their own, they will end up going out of business. at least here in california.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.