[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

240sx S13 Clutch Problem Help!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: A E S T H E T I C.jpg (4MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
A E S T H E T I C.jpg
4MB, 5184x3456px
Hey br/o/s.

This is probably a dumb-as-fuck question, but I'm still learning cars, let alone my car, so bare with me.

A couple weeks ago, I was driving in some good ol' Los Angeles stop and go traffic to meet up with a friend. A 20 minute drive basically ended up being a 50 minute drive. Anyways, while I was driving, my clutch would occasionally drop to the floor and not come back up, and I would have to smash the clutch in as hard as I could and pull with all my might to get the car into gear just so it could gtfo. Eventually, and thankfully, as I got onto the freeway exit, my car would NOT go into gear, clutch all the way down and the more I tried to pull it, my car would slowly die until it would stall out.

I got it towed home and haven't touched it since as I've been busy with work, and been having to take the train everywhere I go, but I miss driving it and want to fix it myself. What's wrong with it? The car turns on and sounds fine and everything, but the clutch just falls to the ground and I can seem to be able to put it into gear now, but I can't actually get the car moving. Here's a video I took of the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0Ch7oqlNtg

Now, this is more than likely why, but I neglected to fill the master clutch cylinder reservoir with anything since I bought it, as it always just slipped my mind. Could it just be that it needs more fluid in it? Or, I was just thinking I need to replace the entire clutch master cylinder as some others have told me. It's a 1990 Nissan 240sx S13, by the way. Pic related is her.
>>
A good place to start would be to bleed the clutch (a quick Google search on your car should tell you how). That would get rid of any air bubbles that could be in the system keeping the master cylinder from actuating the slave cylinder. If that doesn't work, refill the hydraulic fluid in the system and bleed the clutch again. Check for fluid leaks under the car. If that doesn't work, then consider replacing the master/slave cylinders along with the lines between them.
>>
>>16590181
sounds like there is a leak.

Check for oil spots then fix if needed than bleed
>>
>>16590444
>>16590501
I haven't seen many oil leaks or spots, but a while ago I noticed my car would always leave a small trail of something in the same spot when I would turn my car on. I will definitely give all this a go, then!
>>
Either your clutch white cylinder or clutch black cylinder is bad. just replace them both.
>>
>>16590181
Damn, it sucks that you're having issues but seeing the clutch drop back and forth like that is oddly hilarious.
>>
>>16592146
Ah, I forgot to provide info. It looks like there's no pressure buildup at all. You're going to have to check for leaks, fill back up with fluid, then pump that shit until it gets real fuckin' firm.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.