[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

C5 Vette or 4th Gen Trans Am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 2002_Corvette_Top.jpg (190KB, 714x290px) Image search: [Google]
2002_Corvette_Top.jpg
190KB, 714x290px
Vette and Firebird
>Popups
>Targa/T-tops
>LS1
>T56

Vette
>HUD +electronic bits
> - less hatch space
>>
File: 1438664851433.jpg (72KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1438664851433.jpg
72KB, 800x600px
I would go with the non-Z06 or FRC Vette, it would be a daily so I want softer suspension and hatch space more. Don't want the extra 50hp from the LS6, because daily.

If I went Trans Am, I would avoid WS6 package because this would be a car I'm puting miles on. The extra hatch space, relative performance, great aesthetic, and affordability compared to the Vette makes this very tempting.
>>
I own a 4th gen Camaro Z28.
Buy the Vette. It actually has more trunk space, though you do lose out on being able to throw shit on the back seats.
Either way you won't be carrying more than one passenger in the car, so it doesn't matter.
People can't fit in the back of an F-body.
There's no reason not to get the best non-Z Vette you can find, either. It's still a sports car so it's not like you're doing yourself a favor by getting one with less power or softer suspension.
One last thing the C5 has over the F-body is build quality. GM didn't give a fuck with F-bodies, and it shows. Corvettes hold up pretty well and their owners took care of them.
>>
File: 2005-cadillac-cts-v-10.jpg (76KB, 1008x756px) Image search: [Google]
2005-cadillac-cts-v-10.jpg
76KB, 1008x756px
>>16585368
>M KNIGHT TWIST
I daily an 02 SS, waiting for it to shit the bed so I can rebuild it with a fat cam.

My other car / the car my wife drives is an 04 CTS-V.

Kinda feels dumb to get a third T56+LS1/6 car, but they've done me great so far. The "upgrade" to the Firebird would be purely aesthetic, and I'd probly have to let the SS go.
>>
Vette
Superior in nearly every way
>>
File: IMG_20170128_193742.jpg (3MB, 4640x2610px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170128_193742.jpg
3MB, 4640x2610px
>>16585406
Maybe treat yourself to a LS2. Like the later GTO. If not, C5. What wheels you got on the V? I recently got a 2007, friend got a C5
>>
>>16585407
T/A is nearly more practical in every way

>trunk space
>rear seats for whateverthefuck
>not .01 cm off the ground so you can clear speedbumps
>insurance will be cheaper
>>
>>16585785
Don't forget it looks a million times better
>>
>>16585951
Subjective point, I can't pick between the two. I love them both.
>>
>>16585990
The pre-facelift 4th gen Trans Ams look better than a C5, but then you're stuck with the LT1 engine.

I'd get the Trans Am just because it's more practical as a daily and no matter what people say, humans can fit in the back if needed to.
>>
>>16586010
I'm 6'0 and have sat in the back of an fbody and headroom is fine. Leg room is a little cramped but I found that just resting my knees on the sides of the seat in front of you can make for a comfortable experience.
>>
>>16585316
I went from an ls1 z28 to a c5z early last year. I do miss the extra storage that is known as the back seats in an f body, and I do miss the t tops but that's it. Base vettes get targa top and targa>t tops. Hatch/storage space shouldn't be a deciding factor here. I completely redid suspension on my z28, but stock z06 suspension is a million times better. Can't speak for the base but the irs helps a lot. The deciding factor should be price. Most of what the trans am does, the vette will do better. The hud was a tremendous help in learning to drive stick and to be honest I only glance down at the dash to look at the dic, which is great in itself as you can pull any and all codes and makes for great on the go monitoring between the codes and info you can get from the dic. I don't miss the incredibly long raked window of the f bodies. That being said at some point in my life I'd love to own another 4th gen.
>>
>>16585341
ausfag here i love 4th gens

I also love vettes and its a better platform to start from (IRS, better handling)
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.