[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have an unfair comparison thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: 11088179_002.jpg (122KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
11088179_002.jpg
122KB, 800x600px
Let's say you have a choice between four cars, all similarly priced, and none of them really in the same performance grade.

In order of my personal desirability.

>1. 2009 WRX STi Hatchback - $10,500 - 115,000 miles
One of my dream cars, and though it's not a sedan or 22b for the price I can get it, it seems like a once in a lifetime matchup.
The short end of the problem is
>misfire on cylinder two
Now that can't be too hard to fix, right? Just time-consuming as I find the right replacement. I've considered spark plugs and possibly factory tune as far as I know it has it (And I know the tune has caused problems in the STi's but am unsure if it could be related to the misfire)
>Second cheapest car to buy
>Third most expensive to insure (134/month)

>2. 2005 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan - $11,998 - 122,000 miles
I really didn't even consider this, I went to the dealership to look at a 3000GT VR4 (just to test drive it and kick the tires, cause I have no plans to own one but would like to drive one) but the bastards anticipated my ploy and had it "in for service". He showed the CTS-V instead and though it's probably the most aesthetically unappealing thing I've ever seen by GOD does it feel comfy and surprisingly sporty. The 6-speed is crisp, the chassis is surprisingly stiff and handles well. It's also the fastest by a considerable margin and has the second lowest mileage.
>Don't really care for the aesthetic but know other people do(everyone wants to be loved, right) - Also love the idea of a sleeper.
>second most expensive car to insure (136/month)
>relatively high mileage

>next two inc
>>
File: nissan-350z-coupe-widescreen-03.jpg (263KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
nissan-350z-coupe-widescreen-03.jpg
263KB, 1920x1200px
>>16581594
>3. 2009 WRX Sedan - $12,995 - 105,000 miles
Non STi, my pick of a "reasonable buy", even though it's the most expensive outright, full coverage on it is only 118 dollars a month, which is literally one dollar more than I pay for just uninsured drivers coverage and basic liability on my DD.
I really don't want to settle for this, especially at this price.
>muh 118 dollars a month insurance
>muh WRX
>muh AWD
>muh cobb
>muh SEDAN

>4. 2007 350Z - $11,000 - 117,000 miles
The original car I set out to look for, surprisingly (not) outclassed by almost everything else I became interested in, mainly due to how much I pay for how little I honestly get.
I've always been a fan of the 350Z just on styling (unpopular opinion) but I'm extremely picky about my models. I prefer the HR engine simply because by that point they had enough time to work out all the kinks and the car had become a testbed of the 370Z, which basically stayed the same instead of you know, evolving.
Mighty depressing, but atleast they got the headlight design down on this one.
Insurance also turned me off to it (being more expensive than anything else) but I guess that's to be expected from a full on "sports car" with two doors and two seats.
>139/month Insurance
>muh fun RWD
>muh tokyo drift
>muh zed love
Well, /o/? opinions?
Should I risk the STi engine rebuild?
Should I go boring Subie?
Should I embrace my light-skinned fuckboy tendencies and buy a caddy?
>>
>>16581595
>>
>>16581595
>my
Get the WRX
>>
>>16581601
>>16581603
Which one?
>>
>>16581605
Sedan
>>
>>16581612
What's the logic behind me settling for it?
I'm leaning towards the CTS-V simply because I don't want to really deal with a boxer that's having problems.
>>
>>16581624
that cts is aging RAPIDLY

tread lightly

Plus you seem the most enthused about the wrx non sti
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.