[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coolest vehicle you've ever driven

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: Pierce engine.jpg (146KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Pierce engine.jpg
146KB, 500x375px
It was a 928S when I was a kid, but since I joined the local volunteer fire department, got my CDL, took my Emergency Vehicle Drivers Training courses, it has got to be a Pierce Engine.

>Lights and Sirens
>Hit the Q
>Hit the Air Horn
>Traffic parts like Moses and the Red Sea
>Damned thing actually does handle ok despite weighing 30,000 pounds with 750 gallons of water onboard

It's a rush. It really is. I highly recommend it.
>>
>>16576667
Ayyy I've only driven ambulances I'm not a firefighter.
The van chassis are pretty much just regular cars but the truck chassis with the air brakes are pretty lit. Especially the air horn, that thing could blast eyebrows off.
I did once drive a brush fire truck, it's just a lifted F-350 with a portable hose in the back and some extrication stuff.
Maybe after I finish school and settle down I'll get into a fire academy so I can roll in the big boy truck.
>>
My fathers 2,500 hp super street car.
>>
Almost as heavy as a challenger
>>
File: UP 64505 124.jpg (195KB, 1024x627px) Image search: [Google]
UP 64505 124.jpg
195KB, 1024x627px
I work for a Class 1 railroad and get to drive lots of vehicles on rail. Boom truck is probably the coolest out of all of them. It was always fun when I was starting out trying to set it on by myself.
>>
a iirc 93 h1
so cool yet so bad at the same time
>>
File: nissan_skyline.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
nissan_skyline.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
my dad's lotus elise (pic related)
>>
File: IMG_20170129_193542.jpg (3MB, 4390x2890px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170129_193542.jpg
3MB, 4390x2890px
I'll attest to firetrucks being fun to drive. Minus the idiots who think they are immortal when they try to pull out in front of you.
>>
>>16576667

Independent steering on the rear?
>>
>>16576667
Glad to see your enjoying our product. I help design them,sadly never driven one or even rode in one, despite working at the factory that builds them.
>>
File: fire tiller.jpg (3MB, 5256x1570px) Image search: [Google]
fire tiller.jpg
3MB, 5256x1570px
>>16580017
Those are tillers, and sadly no. Those things are COOL AS FUCK though. I'd love to give one a go.

The front and rear drivers have to act as one single unit though. The rear driver needs to be able to anticipate the front driver's maneuvers. It really is a special kind of relationship.
>>
>>16580098

Will it drift?
>>
>>16580125
Talking about drifting in a Fire Engine...

A few definitions to help with the greentext. At my station, OSHA is the first class you take to allow you to ride the Engine and work an active fire. You still can't go interior attack, but you can do anything on the outside. The Engineer is the driver and pumps the Engine. The Captain rides in the front passenger seat, colloquially called "Riding the Seat", The firefighters ride in the back seats.

>Just finished OSHA firefighting class
>Snowstorm
>Pager goes off to man station
>First guy to show up
>Full Time Engineer on duty has already put tire chains on the Engine
>Still only guy at the station Tone Drops
>Go Time, Nigger, Let's Go
>My first fire, and it's in the fucking snow
>STOKED
>Engineer tells me to ride the seat because I'm the only one there, so I'll need to be on the radio while he drives
>Fucker is straight DRIVING that beast
>Come to a 90 degree right hander
>Engineer throws a 30,000 pound Engine into a 4 wheel fucking drift around the corner, and holds that motherfucker
>If a lump of coal would have been in my ass, I would have shit out the Crown Jewels

That Engineer was kinda a POS who was "the best firefighter on the planet just ask him, he'll tell you" and thus not a lot of people liked him, but I'm telling you, that motherfucker, he could drive.
>>
2003 Sutphen 75' straight stick ladder. Only reason I went from EMS to fire is cause I wanted to drive it.
>>
>>16580214

I heard the newer fire trucks have independent front suspension and handle pretty well.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.