[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cheaper insurance when buying a second car?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: sddefault.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sddefault.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
Hey gois

So cam from Haggard garage recently bought a 240 (only had an old ass Durango before) and somehow got a cheaper insurance rate because of this. Is he lying or does this actually happen?

Could I get my monthly payment reduced by buying a shitbox fun car?

Sorry if this is a dumb question I know fuck all about insurance stuffs
>>
>>16569474
Yes it's true.
My 1994 aura integra was 80$ a month
My 2015 civic started at 211$ and its now 170$

Your insurance rates change if you move too. Mine dropped 40$ when I changed my address
>>
>>16569494
So 170 is your total payment you make for both cars? Or did it lower your payment just on the Civic?
>>
>>16569497
I sold my integra I only have the civic now it dropped when I moved before I have the civic. It dropped 41$ because I have owned it two years. It drops a little every year you have your policy. Atleast it does in California I don't know about other places.
>>
with AAA south i have my accord insured, after adding on my cressida, my insurance dropped like 300usd/year.

they call it a multi car discount, after the second car you get rapidly diminishing saving returns
>>
>turn 21
>insurance bill that month goes down from $98 to $71
>happy because after 5 years of driving a 20 year old japanese sedan <5k miles a year without an accident or ticket my premium is finally decreasing
>next month comes around and the bill is $100
>wtf
>apparently the bill was only lower that month because I paid extra on one of the previous months and it only happened to be my birthday
>rate actually increased a couple dollars, mostly because of inflation I guess
fml
>>
>>16569474
I pay 34$ a month.....1 car. cant imagine it being any lower
>>
>>16569564
wait till your 26
>>
>>16569564
>24
>Paying a bit over $150/mo. for three cars just to say I have insurance.
>Zero coverage for me, minimum liability.
>$150 a month to rent three small pieces of paper just in case I get pulled over.
My rate better plummet next year or I'm gonna shit. I've only had one moving violation and that was five years ago so it shouldn't even be on record anymore.
>>
>>16569474
>Could I get my monthly payment reduced by buying a shitbox fun car?
Yes
If the first car was a higher risk car, the second car is low risk, and you report that you will drive the first car less, and the second car more

car insurance is the sum of:
bodily injury liability (you hurt someone else)
property damage liability (you break someone's property)
medical payments (you hurt yourself)
uninsured/underinsured motorist (an idiot hurts you)
comprehensive (money to fix your car)

the body injury, property damage, med payments
collision (money to fix your car)

the liability and med premium is usually the car for each car

the comprehensive/collision depends a great deal on the prior accident cost of that type of car along with your driving experience and where you store the car
>>
>>16570867
>the liability and med premium is usually the car for each car
the liability and med premium is usually the same for each car

>the comprehensive/collision depends a great deal on the prior accident cost of that type of car along with your driving experience and where you store the car

the comprehensive/collision depends a great deal on your prior accidents and claims, the replacement cost of that type of car along with your driving experience and where you store the car
>>
These assholes probably only run basic insurance.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.