[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deep scratch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1860.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1860.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hello /o/

Just came home, went inside briefly, then came back out to put something in my trunk. I just noticed I have a very deep scratch on my driver's door of my new car. It goes all the way down through the clear coat, and you can see the base color. Didn't take a pic because I didn't bring my phone with me, didn't think I'd need it. Sorry no pictures.

I have a paint touch up pen from my car's manufacturer but something's telling me not to use that on this deep of a scratch.

Is this product reliable?
http://www.quixx-usa.com/products/quixx-high-performance-paint-scratch-remover

Or this?
http://www.quixx-usa.com/products/quixx-paint-repair-pen
>>
>>16567883
What type of car is it?
>>
2017 Hyundai Elantra. I've had it for about six months, got it last year, it's super new and I'm super pissed

Pic is of vehicle but 4chan sometimes turns uploaded images to the side
>>
That's a painted stripe, not a scratch, you fucking retard. How did you not notice it?
>>
>>16568008
>can't read
>>
>>16568008
>Being so dumb it makes you angry for no reason.
>>
File: IMG_1960.jpg (133KB, 600x551px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1960.jpg
133KB, 600x551px
>>16568008
>>
>>16567917
Not being mean but im going to hit you up with some straight honesty.

You bought a budget eco shitbox built by an emerging car manufacuter whos sole puprose right now is to crank out affordable appliances that seem good enough to buy over the competiton. Now becsuse you bought into this you need to understand these cars are inharently going to have issues. This is only your first taste, this being shitty cheap clear coat and paint. You could pay and have this fixed but you need to realize more spots like it are going to pop up as time goes on and fixing them all will become costly... If I were you and this was my mistake of a car i would take it and sell it back to the dealership and say thank you for kicking me in the teeth and teaching me a lesson on what build quality means. Take your $6500 or what ever little money they will give you on trade in and go buy a 10 year old car and begin saving up for your next better new car that isnt a peice of trash that gets deep scratches from someone breathing on it.
>>
>>16570365
This is neither helpful or true. Hyundai produces fine cars, and coming down on this guy for being excited about it is a very small-minded thing to do. The rest of the world has a completely different view on cars than this reply, mainly due to the fact that most people don't have autism.

OP, take it to a body shop and get it fixed. Check some online reviews and get an estimate, you won't be happy with paint pen results.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1485434652195.jpg (36KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1485434652195.jpg
36KB, 640x628px
>>16570365
My neighbor bought new Hyundai Getz in 2007 and drives 60+60km to work every day. My dad is a mechanic and he's repairing this Getz. If I remember correctly, in these 10 years he was repairing brakes twice, suspension (worn out shock absorbers) thrice and he had something fucked up with power steering, but it was cheap to repair.

Seeing how noob he is when it comes to cars and how little he cared (he fucking scratched his door to the metal and ignored it till it rusted) they can't be that bad. Especially when I saw him go to work this morning and it was -10 celsius
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.