[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3rd Gen Subaru Impreza WRX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1107.jpg (145KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1107.jpg
145KB, 450x300px
So I'm in the market for an 09 WRX. A friend of mine had a 13 WRX which to the best of my knowledge is arguably the same as the 09, with the exception of the STI shell being the body style. He says his never gave him any problems and preformed well. However he baught his new and I'm looking to get one with about 110k odo.
What should I look for with these things?
Or am I just buying into a AWD meme with too many miles?
>>
Service Histroy
>>
>>16563115
>buying a subaru
>buying awd
>buying a wrx that's been beat to shit by boyracer(s)
just get a f-body or a corvette.
>>
Turbo blowing up
Literal glass transmission
Swap a ver8 into it if you want one
>>
>>16564173

You're thinking the 2nd generation

3rd gen is lolringlands
>>
>>16564173
Version 7 is far superior to 8 fuck your non forged internals
>>
>>16563115
It's not the same. 08-10 is a narrowbody for the WRX 11-14 is widebody. Sti is widebody 08-14

My advice is to not buy one.
t. '14 Sti owner
>>
>>16563121
This. I know on the previous model there were clusters of repairs that needed to be done at the same time at 105k (water pump and other doodads being housed behind the timing belt). That gen has a new motor, iirc, but likely has a similar setup. At that mileage, a hefty service bill may be in short order.
>>
>>16564179
>>16564173
>>16565257
Are the transmissions in these models "glass" or is that just because nobody can properly drive a manual?
>>
>>16565282
Why though?
I'm just trying to figure out what I might be getting myself into before I go signing paper work.
>>
>>16566798
They're glass when you try add more power than the transmission was designed for. People get buttblasted when manufactures don't make things have a 9001 factor of safety for "aftermarket."
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.