[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1991 Honda CRX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: crx.jpg (118KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
crx.jpg
118KB, 1200x675px
I'm in the market for a car and I'm currently looking at a 1991 Honda CRX. I've already read the sticky and read all of the advice on inspecting and test driving. I also plan on taking it to a mechanic that I trust to look it over for me before I decide on purchasing if it passes my initial inspection and test drives.

I'd like to know if there are anything specific things that I should look for when it comes to this model, year, and knowns on its current condition.

>1991 Honda CRX
>206000 Miles
>stock interior
>after market hatch
>cracked windshield - Any idea on how much it would be to replace or repair this?
>$1500

Any general advice that the sticky didn't cover would be appreciated, too.
>>
its probably stolen
>>
File: h2kfGPp.jpg (17KB, 284x339px) Image search: [Google]
h2kfGPp.jpg
17KB, 284x339px
>>16557297
I forgot to mention probably one of the most important details:
>Salvage Title

>>16557306
Would there be a way to check if it was stolen or was in an accident if I could check the VIN or something? I was originally thinking that it's so cheap because nobody drives manual around here.
>>
>>16557347
its on old Im assuming base model CRX with a salvage titled and a cracked windshield

its not worth that much

use a vin check thread that you can find on /o/
>>
>>16557297
Post photo of engine bay and motor i.d.
>>
>Any idea on how much it would be to replace or repair this?
Looks like glass is still available so expect to pay $400 for parts and labor. Also those rims look too rusty and probably need to be replaced so take that into account.

>Salvage Title & rustoleium paint job
Yeah, there is a strong indication it's possibly stolen, not that it means the current owner stole it.
>>
>>16557297
Where in Mo?
>>
>>16558854
We need to find out why they had to raise the hood in the back. I'm guessing they sold the fast motor, nice rims and suspension components. Then replaced with the cheapest thing they could so they could get a little cash for the junk body. This somewhat common when the parts are worth more then the car. (and my last crx windshield was $220 parts adn labor)
>>
>>16560525
Ricers do that for "style". Notice his I30 has an ricer muffler too.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.