[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: how to roll fenders.jpg (2KB, 101x125px) Image search: [Google]
how to roll fenders.jpg
2KB, 101x125px
I'm currently in 6th form (it's like the next tier of qualifications between University and High School) and I just have absolutely no motivation to continue...I'm not retarded, I have always done quite well at school and haven't ever failed a subject, but I just find this stage of education incredibly tedious and disorganised. All I really want to do is work on my car and learn more about them, but I feel like that would just be a waste of my talents and cap my potential. Anyone have any advice or are in a similar situation?
>>
>>16548831
If you want to be a mechanic you can do that without wasting time and money on school. If it's something you are TRULY PASSIONATE about, and not just wanting to do it because it seems neat, then go for it. If you're just some kid who knows nothing about them currently "But sure would like to learn!" then get off your ass and go to college for anything BUT cars. You'll just end up dropping out and smoking meth.
>>
File: 1484211046480.jpg (69KB, 640x637px) Image search: [Google]
1484211046480.jpg
69KB, 640x637px
>>16548842
The thought crossed my mind to go and do a course that would set me up to be a mechanic, but they're really underpaid where I live and since it's the UK, I would be working on really uninspiring cars...
>>
>>16548862
But it's a paying step forward. You can spend 4 semesters or more learning about one specific type of car or every day of your life working on all types of cars. Being a mechanic is a trade that can't truly be taught in a classroom. I got a buddy who went to college for a semester and a half and thinks they know everything and tries doing everything by the book and fucks it up 100% of the time. On the flip side I've never been in a classroom and have told him and my brother in law what was wrong with their vehicles without even popping the hood due to hands on experience.
>>
>>16548876
I will probably end up dragging myself through my current school but try to score some work experience in a garage or over at McLaren, since their HQ isn't too far (I have been invited there before and it's actually sooo sick)
>>
>>16548831
Nice blog post bro. Sorry to hear that because you are smart school provides no challenge. This must be super hard on you and your family.

Stfu, if you don't like school get a g.e.d. and ace the act or sat. Then go to college for mechanical engineering and design a mirror on a kia forte or some shit.
>>
>>16548913
Lol, sure thing boss. Also, I'm not trying to sound like I'm a fucking genius, I'm trying to say that my issues don't lie within my ability, but in my motivation/passion for my subjects.
>>
>>16548896
Sounds like a solid plan. You get experience, you get schooling, you can hit the ground running towards a real good career after everything is said and done.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.