[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PT Cruiser Electrical Problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 149705465-Ringo_gun_to_head.jpg (29KB, 486x499px) Image search: [Google]
149705465-Ringo_gun_to_head.jpg
29KB, 486x499px
So here's a unique issue that I've been unable to solve, wondering if anyone here has any insight:

My wife's 2006 PT Cruiser randomly loses power to the front parts of her car. Namely, the headlights and the windshield wipers. I can disconnect the battery and it tends to start to work again, but it gradually worsens to the point of not working every time.

I've noticed that one-by-one the lights on her stereo preprogram buttons have gone out.

Most interestingly is that the parking brake seems to eventually become some sort of switch in that when it's engaged, the headlights and wipers won't run, but when disengaged, they run. If they are running and the brake is engaged, they will not turn off until the brake is disengaged.

At first when I reconnect the battery, all these systems work normally, then slowly it gets to the point where they only work when the parking brake is disengaged, then shortly afterwards they cease to work altogether.

Any suggestions?

>mfw electrical issues
>>
>>16545519
electrical issues are the hardest to diagnose. It's likely a wiring short somewhere. start at the battery and go from there.
>>
Check your clock spring
>>
>>16545519
My cousin (guy is in his 60s by now) was on the design team for the PT Cruiser. That's one thing you don't want on your resume.
>>
Moparfag here do yourself a favor and just start by replacing the ECU with a warranted used one for ~$65
>>
File: 1382466865176.gif (495KB, 250x186px) Image search: [Google]
1382466865176.gif
495KB, 250x186px
>my wifes
>>
File: WP_20161209_20_26_45_Pro.jpg (4MB, 5376x3024px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161209_20_26_45_Pro.jpg
4MB, 5376x3024px
>>16545519
I have a somewhat related issue. I have an '01 Firebird and the drivers side headlight motor went out, then the temperature gauge did, causing the radiator to blow like crazy.
Also the trunk only opens when it feels like opening (usually after pressing the button about ten times).

Assuming these issues weren't related I took it to my regular mechanic and he gave me the "electrical problems" diagnosis because last time the temp went out, which was about two weeks ago, he "grounded it really well".

How fucked am I? I'm fairly mechanically inclined but don't know shit about electrics.

>GM
never again
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.