[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Difference between NASCAR and Formula 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: nascar vs f1.jpg (220KB, 1500x938px) Image search: [Google]
nascar vs f1.jpg
220KB, 1500x938px
Fan walking around the pits, sees his favorite driver's bay, walks over and says,

>"Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know, I'm a really huge fan, and I hope you guys win today!"

>NASCAR response:

The crew stops what they're doing, put down their tools, walk over to the fan, thank him for his support, and probably give him a signed hat or t-shirt.

>Formula 1 response

The crew stops what they're doing, put down their tools, walk over to the fan, call Security, and immediately start kicking this shit out of him, and start screaming, "WTF are you doing? How did you get in here? You're going to jail and you'll never watch another race as long as you're alive!"
>>
a sport for spoiled brats by spoiled brats vs a sport for the working man by the working man
thats why OP
>>
>>16543499
10/10 great post epic thread
>>
>>16543499

>NASCAR
>"Racing"

Pick One OP. NASCAR is just about as scripted and gimmicky as /asp/ shit nowadays.
>>
>walking around daytona 24 pits, walk by vette pit, see car on fire, grab a fire extinguisher and put the flames out. crew thanks me. Ask them if they know where the viper pit is, they shrug and say haven't see it.
>spend hours looking for the viper pit.
>forever walking
>still haven't found viper pit
>>
Isn't Nascar like WWE of racing?
>>
>>16543904
Maybe? I always thought of it as Hockey. Really boring until a fight/crash happened.
>>
>>16543902
delete this
>>
File: 1485051115912.webm (2MB, 656x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485051115912.webm
2MB, 656x480px
>>16543499

I'm not a F1 Cockmuncher but when companies invest literally hundreds of millions of dollars each season just to save 0.1 seconds in the whole track, i think i would be paranoid on people peeping.
>>
>>16543499
Although you are kind of exaggerating in both cases, this is mostly true and what I'm jelly about American motorsport.

You Americans care a lot more about the show and the spectators, whether is is soap box racing or top of the line endurance racing, the spectators can always sit a few feet from the cars, everything is visible, you can chat with the mechanics and see from up close what they are doing.
European motorsport is like this only at low levels, no chance of doing the same stuff at higher levels unless you personally know someone inside, and even then sometimes they are not allowed to show you much anyway.

It's really a shame, because I believe this is the main reason race tracks are relatively empty even when they are hosting something big.

I think the perfect comparison is the WEC race (world championship, but full european-motorsport style) at COTA, which shares the paddock with the IMSA WeatherTech championship and you can clearly see the two completely different philosophies at work there.
>>
File: ready my hyper weapon.jpg (683KB, 2000x2552px) Image search: [Google]
ready my hyper weapon.jpg
683KB, 2000x2552px
>>16547033
yes and because of this culture we can't have motorcycle road racing or rally without the drivers/spectators dropping like flies. Oval is bad enough.

>need a mile of gravel runoff
>lol sorry spectators

Also my captcha is rances printemps. Neato.
>>
>>16547055
If spectators are too stupid to understand where it is and isn't safe to stand, that's frankly their problem.
If a retard dies because he stands in the way of sliding bikes or crashing cars, then who cares, I still get to see cool things in the paddock without having to stand behind obscured wall panels and security guards.
Also spectators being in danger isn't really a problem on legit race tracks if there is at least a tiny bit of surveillance.

European motorsport has a lot to learn from Americans in this respect, and I say this as a yuropoor
>>
>>16547055
>need a mile of gravel runoff
>lol sorry spectators

I show you the alternate reality where spectators can stand where they want so your little brain can understand.

>No runoffs
>Spectators standing right behind the track fences because muh right to see cars
>car crashes against fence because lolnosandtrap
>driver half dead
>3 spectators killed
>15 injured
>Track has to pay the families of dead people and is sued into oblivion by the injured because it's the track responsibility to direct you where it's safe and nobody made you sign waivers at the entrance
>Track closes forever
>nobody will ever be able to see a race there again
>but it was totally worth it for muh freedom

Seriously how do you not understand it's not like that because the track management wants to personally piss you off, but because there are people way too stupid to be alive that will ruin things for everyone?
>>
>>16547100
No shit I understand it, fun is fucking dangerous

What part of "dropping like flies" didn't you get? Is that phrase foreign to you? It means "high attrition rate". Lots of people die. Blood and guts everywhere. Young children cut in half.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.