[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mechanical Advice needed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Mustang.jpg (199KB, 1341x1005px) Image search: [Google]
Mustang.jpg
199KB, 1341x1005px
I woke up today to find that some cunt had side swiped my car overnight. Now it won't start. It's a 95 Ford Mustang and there doesn't seem to be any major damage to it, just a missing driver side mirror. It doesn't get turning the key doesn't seem to get any power, let alone crank.

I was wondering if you guys had any ideas on what to check, and if the car has a fuel shut off switch.

Pic taken from a google.
>>
>>16541979
The battery might be dead, even if there starter motor runs there may not be enough power to spark
>>
>>16541979
>missing driver side mirror
The impact shorted the mirror and drained your battery. Fix wiring, then recharge or replace the battery.
>>
>>16541979
Car should have a fuel shut off, it's usually in the trunk.
>>
>>16541979
First check that your battery is still.in the correct spot. Then check the terminals
>>
Thanks. I'll give all that a try. I found the fuel switch, and it was fine.
>>
Don't have access to a battery charger or tester at the moment. No power to dome light, but I do get sparks from the positive on the battery.
>>
Could the accident have been a ploy by thieves to cover up stealing your engine
>>
>>16542206
Go to auto zone or pep boys and buy a cheap multimeter.
>>
>>16542214
No, I heard the impact and looked out the window, but it was a hit and run. I didn't go down and check it then because I didn't see anything amiss from up there. When I got down there today, I just put 2 and 2 together.
>>
>>16542240
Call the police, someone may have seen something, there might even be security camera that captured the accident.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.