[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As a Chinese person living in Canada, I will be the first one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 59

File: maxresdefault.jpg (235KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
235KB, 1280x720px
As a Chinese person living in Canada, I will be the first one on the block to buy a Trumpchi once they are sold here. I'm very proud of my homeland to go from a agrarian poverty stricken country to a major industrial power within half a decade! There were some bumps along the way, but seeing where they've come today, I will be damn proud to be driving a Chinese car brand soon. (Provided it passes all the crash tests with a good rating). Go China!!
>>
File: 147271863464541.jpg (23KB, 719x718px) Image search: [Google]
147271863464541.jpg
23KB, 719x718px
>>16539522
C H I N A
H
I
N
A
>>
>>16539522
Globally China has a poor reputation for build quality. I can't see the North American public wanting these anytime soon unless they're dirt cheap.
>>
>>16539557
Still a rolling deathtrap no matter how cheap it is
>>
>>16539557
I think it being cheap will make people trust it even less.
>>
I really highly doubt they'll stand up to Canadian rust. Others like LADA have tried and failed.
>>
>>16539574
True, but low price is typically the only redeeming quality of a chinashit product.
>>
>>16539598
You forgot to de-trip, you're not shitposting.
>>
>>16539603
I never post without my trip
>>
>>16539522
>I'm very proud of my homeland to go from a agrarian poverty stricken country to a major industrial power within half a decade!
you shouldnt you yellow cunt
>>
>>16539557
i see Chinese marques following the same trajectory as the Koreans only accelerated by stolen tech
>>
>>16539522
>(Provided it passes all the crash tests with a good rating)

phew, we're safe
>>
>>16539557
>Globally China has a poor reputation for build quality.

China has a reputation for blatant patent theft.

China has a reputation for blatant copyright theft.

China even saves research money by spending USA taxpayers money thru the USA research system. It sends research requests to sympathetic people as well as chinese thesis students and chinese professors in USA universitites. Those people then apply for research grants and of course the results are shared to china. Thus, they get a lot of their environmental, land, and development research for free courtesy of the usa taxpayer.
>>
>>16539522
>>
>>16541114
>Patent theft
>USA
>US Patent system

>China

I love when annons come here with the murican justice hammer to impose their own rules to foreign countries.
>>
>>16540084
Korea actually makes decent shit that is capable of passing NHTSA and NCAP safety tests with 5 stars.

China does not.
>>
>>16541341
>Korea actually makes decent shit that is capable of passing NHTSA and NCAP safety tests with 5 stars.
>China does not.
I love it when anons come here with the NHTSA or NCAP justice hammer to impose their own rules to foreign countries.
>>
>>16539522
please report back when you hit 200k and 500k miles
>>
>>16541120
Looks like the lovechild of a Honda CR-V and a BMW X5
>>
>>16539522
I'm happy you're a proud chinese, but you live in Canada now. Be proud of being canadian and by our stuff.
>>
>>16541114
Not to mention shit tier materials

Wish I'd screencapped the post by the anon who had dealt with sourcing metal from the Chinese

>top three samples up to spec
>entire rest of shipment literal shit iron
>Chinese justify this with "you get what you pay for"
>stops dealing with Chinese after three such incidents costing his company millions
>Russian colleague calls for advice
>anon provides good source
>Nyet comrade, can get from China cheaper
>NO IVAN DO NOT
>too lateski comrade
>Ivan calls back a week later absolutely panicking

Chink shit stinks shit
>>
So...... China wants to try and pull a Yugoslavia? Good luck fighting Japan and Korea who already have a 40+ year headstart in the affordable mid to low range consumer automobile market.
>>
>>16542120
This one?
http://m.imgur.com/a/aSFTC

I knew bookmarking it was a good idea
>>
>>16542216
Yuuuuuup
>>
>>16542041
>Rules don't apply to foreign countries that want to do business in other countries.

Tell that to Volkswagen. Although IDK, this could totally have changed now that Trump is in office.
>>
>>16542087
*Buys rental property*
>>
>>16542295
>Rules don't apply to foreign countries that want to do business in other countries.
China insists its rules apply though and their companies sue a lot and even their government will sue not just companies but organizations too.
>>
>>16541130
It's not just the USA, there is/was a company in China making an unlicensed clone of the Corolla, so similar that body panels were interchangeable.

It's fine to not respect foreign IP laws, but that also means not doing business anywhere that respects that country's IP- particularly the country itself.

Even after the chinks sort out the safety issues, they're probably going to get hammered by patent lawsuits when they try to launch their brands in the USA.

>>16540084
>Implying that the Koreans didn't get where they are with the help of stolen tech

>>16542138
For the most part Japanese cars aren't particularly "affordable" anymore, at least where new vehicles are concerned. Even the Korean cars aren't as insanely cheap as they once were- remember how cheesy Hyundais used to be? As companies get established, they try to move upmarket, leaving room for entry-level competitors to come in and sell (usually crappy) vehicles at stupidly cheap prices.
>>
>>16539522
>hit a mailbox going 25km/h
>dies
>>
>>16542087
>I'm happy you're a proud chinese
Fucking why? If he was so proud he'd be living in his own country.
>>
>>16541341
yeah and they used to make undrivable garbage
>>
>>16542506
>>16540084
>citation needed
>>
>>16539522
>As a Chinese person living in Canada, ..... I'm very proud of my homeland
>>
If you were really chinese this would be a /pol/ post asking us to help the common people of your country escape poverty. Too bad all the profits from chinese companys go to the heads, not the workers.
>>
itt: we trigger the chinaman

>Taiwan number 1 (also not China)
>Hong Kong is not china
>spratly islands are phillipine/vietnamese/malay clay
>>
>>16541120
looks like every modern suv mixed together. I never understood the appeal of the x-5, those ridiculously wide rear tires seem like a real pain in the ass to maintain.
>>16542648
The unfortunately funny thing about this is that it's totally true.
>>
>I will be damn proud to be driving a Chinese car brand soon.Go China!!
>>
>>16541120
I like the Chinese one more, actually.
>>
>>16546298
>taiwan

It's basically like if the confederate, after losing the war fled to the Florida keys and declared themselves a country.

As a Chinaman I'm not even upset by any of this. Trade between China and Taiwan has been pretty good. I'm convinced that this whole Taiwan thing has been a red herring for the west.
>>
File: MECHINEE1.png (2MB, 2235x1522px) Image search: [Google]
MECHINEE1.png
2MB, 2235x1522px
>>
File: MECHINEE2.png (2MB, 2235x1815px) Image search: [Google]
MECHINEE2.png
2MB, 2235x1815px
>>16539522
>>16546540
>>
>>16546540
Why don't they put their efforts into building something to represent the country instead of ripping everyone off? surely they have some creative ideas within the billion or so people they have there? right?
>>
Stay in Honcouver, never leave there ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwEDdrVqBas
>>
>>16546620

Because human lives are worth less than money and communism literally destroyed people's morals there.

Kinda sad, since I'm ethnically chink and all I see is rich people who profited off people fleeing and laundering money to stay overseas with permanent residence because they used their money to buy expensive properties and jacked housing prices around the world up.

Even if China overthrows communism somehow magically, you're talking about an entire lost generation just from the effort in terms of lost lives, possibly needing to rebuild and prosecuting the aforementioned people who laundered money and gained it illicitly. And if that doesn't happen, China is going to implode internally in some way with all the recent stuff with more censorship and possible trade war with US. So much for the Chinese century.

But in any case, back to cars. Volvo is probably the only car brand owned by a Chinese company that gets anywhere near decent Western standards for a car. Other Chinese car companies can produce cars that can function but they severely lack in anything important like MPG, safety, or features to compete at any price point.
>>
>>16546694
>Other Chinese car companies can produce cars that can function but they severely lack in anything important like MPG, safety, or features to compete at any price point.

GM (chevrolet) has a car factory in china (majority owned by chinese (as required by law)) staffed by chinese and supplied by chinese suppliers. It manufactures cars for the chinese market. Some other western car companies also do the same thing. The cars do not have western quality standards though.

>>16546620
>Why don't they put their efforts into building something to represent the country instead of ripping everyone off?
It's more efficient to let someone else spend the billions of R&D so that they don't. Money is made by selling a finished product and not by developing it.

Because China has Most Favored Nation trading status with the USA, not even all the copyright and patent laws can be fully enforced. That's because the status imposes a legal maximum on how much of the goods can be inspected and penalized. While that sounds odd, that is effectively how the chinese managed to twist the wording into an unintended consequence that benefits patent theft.

Complicating matters is corruption. Some of the customs houses are indirectly owned by chinese, so it's suspected they let illicit chinese goods into the usa distribution system.

*customs house:
Import goods go into waiting areas for inspection. Due to volume, much of it is done by PRIVATIZED industry that works with usa customs officials. The companies perform the detention and inspection then give the report to customs officials.

Exxxxaggeration: imagine if ISIS owned a customs house and shipping containers had both isis people and gear shipped into the usa.
>>
>>16539522
>I'm very proud of my homeland
Then go back you fucking gook
>>
File: 1485221082010.jpg (26KB, 552x594px) Image search: [Google]
1485221082010.jpg
26KB, 552x594px
>>16547499
THIS
Fuck gook
>>
>>16539557
Ausfag here we imported tonnes of great wall and other chunk crap easily the worst cars we ever got dunno how it passed any tests most likely bribes
>>
Japanese cars are already cheap as dirt and super reliable. Anyways REAL Canadians stick to Ford trucks like glue.
>>
File: Car_Hits_Bicycle.jpg (69KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
Car_Hits_Bicycle.jpg
69KB, 700x467px
>>16547544
>Ausfag here we imported tonnes of great wall and other chunk crap easily the worst cars we ever got dunno how it passed any tests most likely bribes

Picture shows a car and bicycle both made in china.
>>
>>16546620

Because in China it's socially unacceptable to drive Chinese cars. That's why they debadge the knockoffs and put on the actual brands badges.
>>
>>16542216
Jesus that was quite the read
>>
>>16546544
I don't understand what the pictures are showing
>>
>>16547484
To add on to your second part, the American government owes China billions of dollars. If we try to tighten trade laws against them, they use it like a leash and tug on it, saying they'll make us hurt if we do that
>>
If you wanna buy a Chinese car go back to China.

You people have no class, no backbone, no manners, and do not care about the welfare of anyone else in the world. These cars will kill people with their atrocious design and hopefully will kill you instead of the 5 people you run over because of your microscopic eyes and inability to drive.
The manufacturer will cheap out and cut corners, then you disgusting Chinese will buy it, cheap out and never repair or maintain it and these cars will fall apart faster then the imperial economic structure your country is built on.
>>
File: 1442622584074.png (220KB, 451x527px) Image search: [Google]
1442622584074.png
220KB, 451x527px
>>16539522
>As a Chinese person living in Canada
The memes are real
>>
File: 97469054234.jpg (3MB, 2118x2118px) Image search: [Google]
97469054234.jpg
3MB, 2118x2118px
This just in.

Trumpchi's come standard with 6 airbags.

*granted they are all the defective ones from Takata they got for cheap
>>
>>16544369
t. China Internet Defense Force

Boeing prototype from 2002:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_X-45

Meanwhile, China in 2017
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/chinas-new-sharp-sword-stealth-9651206

Wow it's almost as if China just rips off of everyone instead of putting all those millions of geniuses they have into research facilities.
>>
>>16547655
Are they literally made out of painted tinfoil?
>>
>>16546620
Modern Chinese society is actually somewhat hostile to independent/creative thinking.

You'll notice that most Chinese "innovation" is basically finding new ways to screw people over, not because no one else thought of it, but because no one else was enough of an asshole to do it.
>>
>>16547954
This.

Kill gooks
>>
>>16541130
>>16542041
That's fine, they can just sell there stolen-tech deathtraps to the dirt farmers in their country instead of exporting them :^)
>>
>>16547902
>Jesus that was quite the read

Cars depend on high strength steel alloys at certain locations to provide not only durability but safety.

There was a complaint about chinese raw metal ingots published in an engineering magazine that I read back in the 1990's. The chinese supplied metal far cheaper, even after shipping, than usa sources. His article was slapped down by the chinese as racism. And the local chinese society in his city filed racism charges against him to try to get him to shut up about problems. He stopped talking about the problems in order to protect his career which was being attacked.

But chinese metals could have contaminants after half a year of selling to you when they figure you stopped testing their metals. That can drastically affect your products.

Now, the NHTSA and DOT or their equivalents in various countries test sample cars from initial production runs. China will of course give the best versions for testing. After several months of production or whenever their spies working in the foreign governments report, they can switch to higher profit production by shaving corners as well as using less pure metals.
>>
Why would a foreigner retain their loyalty to their home country? My professor told me they are just as patriotic as me
>>
>>16548005
>Are they literally made out of painted tinfoil?
The car skins in places other than doors could use low-grade steel instead of the high strength steel they are supposed to have. You wonder HOW this can occur when even the car company specifies a specific type of steel for certain parts.

Chinese companies are filled with greedy people (just like american companies). However, american company employees generally follow a minimal Ethics whereas chinese employees typically lack ethics because "ethics keep you poor". Thus, the steel supplier might directly contact various inspectors, supervisors or key employees at the factory and BRIBE them to ignore or allow cheaper substitutes. Thus the supplier of materials to the car company has subverted the key employees of their buyer to allow substandard materials or parts. It is a monetary win-win for the supplier and for the chinese employees accepting extra money. This type of problem occurs with usa companies opening factories in china.
>>
>>16548416
>Why would a foreigner retain their loyalty to their home country? My professor told me they are just as patriotic as me

They are not in your country to become your loyal citizen. They are there to enjoy a better lifestyle, wider ranges of activity, the different culture, the access to land and property, and to be able to have societal freedoms not available in China. They are NOT there to be loyal citizens.

It is hubris on your liberal professor's part to believe that foreigners cannot retain loyalty once exposed to western society.
>>
They had these at the Detroit auto show. I believe the starting price on one of the cars there was like $8,000. So Im guessing that quality and/or reliability isn't going to be too good. Personally Id stay far away from Chinese car brands.

A car company in China had a lawsuit filled against them from BMW and China favored the native car company. Even though the cars were identical the Chines government said they couldn't see how.
>>
File: image001.jpg (26KB, 441x258px) Image search: [Google]
image001.jpg
26KB, 441x258px
Thanks, China, for flooding the US and Australia with ton after ton of synthetic research chemicals and literally making billions to support your industry after easy laundering.

Thanks, China, for shipping kilo after kilo of fentanyl and carfentanyl into the US to be sold as "heroin" (fent is over 50x stronger than heroin) killing off dozens if not hundreds of Americans every day.

Thanks, China, for shipping barrel after barrel of meth precursor to Mexican cartels and supplying them with laundered guns on the side for cheap.

Thanks, China, for shipping cheap pill press machines to rando Americans so they can flood the US market with fake oxy and xanax pills that actually contain other drugs.

Thanks, China, for the web of your 'millennial' generation who study at US universities and get jobs in US factories and low-key send protected production / industry secrets back to your gov't.

Thanks for undermining the price of labor across the first-world by having such a large population to exploit.

This is the future Steve Jobs wanted.
>>
>>16548627
Wew

Also fake food and metals as well as basically everything that gets processed and exported there
>>
File: Animation_Chinese_Cars_ripoff.jpg (67KB, 640x457px) Image search: [Google]
Animation_Chinese_Cars_ripoff.jpg
67KB, 640x457px
>>16548501
>A car company in China had a lawsuit filled against them from BMW and China favored the native car company. Even though the cars were identical the Chines government said they couldn't see how.

Disney has failed with each lawsuit against the chinese copies of various Disney movies. They simply reproduce the Disney shows on blurays and sell them. How is that!?

Disney has failed to stop copycat movie remakes such as the Cars animated series of movies. It is ruled by the chinese judge that the chinese movies starring the Autobots are not copies of the Disney movies which do not have Autobots.

Picture shows comparison between the Disney Cars movie and the Chinese cars movie featuring the Autobots.
>>
>>16539522
>I will be the first one on the block to buy a Trumpchi

Trump <== The Donald
chi <== chinchin (penis)

So does that mean Trumpchi is a shortened name of Trumpenis?
>>
File: 533-bmw-ceo1.jpg (28KB, 533x180px) Image search: [Google]
533-bmw-ceo1.jpg
28KB, 533x180px
>>16548965
Exactly. Here is the article if you're interested.
http://www.bmwblog.com/2008/12/19/bmw-loses-court-battle-to-chinese-x5-clone/

BMW has a lot of run ins with the Chinese it seems

>pic related
>>
>>16539557
this. Not only these cars are dangerous, but they are boring as fuck shitboxes.
>>
>>16549197
But globalization is good.
Therefore BMW is in the wrong with its lawsuit which is against globalization to create lower-cost products.
>>
>>16549605
>But globalization is good.
I never said it wasn't. All I said was Ive noticed a lot of lawsuits filed by BMW towards Chinese companies.
>>
>>16549671
>All I said was Ive noticed a lot of lawsuits filed by BMW towards Chinese companies.
And that's wrong as it is against globalization.
>>
>>16549468
>>
>>16549758
>And that's wrong as it is against globalization.
Thats your opinion.
>>
>>16549197
>BMW has a lot of run ins with the Chinese it seems
They're not the only one. Apple had many run-ins with various chinese companies. But Apple got warned by the courts that they could be sued for defamation fines and loss of business fines if they kept on filing lawsuits and losing them.

After all, when a western company sues and loses, the chinese company is now able to countersue for defamation compensation as well as earnings compensation for loss of business opportunities.
>>
>>16548965
China has 3 Cars movies out.
>>
>>16548627
All those actions served to weaken their good natured ethical western opponent in different ways. Very Sun Tsu.
>>
>>16548627
>>16548640
Thanks China for using lots of lead in your metal zippers. It helps zipper be self-lubricating but lead is not nice and it also makes zippers get smelly to the point of being stinky.
>>
>>16548965
>the autobots
Fucking Chinese are ripping off the transformers too? What the hell is wrong with them?
>>
>>16553980
>What the hell is wrong with them?
There's nothing wrong. It is part of their culture to do things this way. In their university (not just high school) classes, professors give lectures about how Westerners unfairly use copyrights and patents to keep China down. They are also taught ways to get around or ignore Western laws which do not have effect in China.
>>
>>16539522
To be completely honest, as one maplenigger talking to an adopted maplenigger, I'm curious to see if Chinese automakers can pull off some profit in america.

I mean, look at the Koreans. They seem to be doing fine.
>>
File: 1483593086920.jpg (218KB, 1280x1084px) Image search: [Google]
1483593086920.jpg
218KB, 1280x1084px
The Chinese are too impressionable right now. It's like they have no self-direction, or maybe not even the confidence in their creative ability. All they do is get impressed with the things they see, without understanding them, and copying styles and behaviors bit for bit like a small child or robot. China needs drugs, psychedelic drugs.
>>
File: Too_many_bugs.jpg (172KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Too_many_bugs.jpg
172KB, 1280x720px
>>16539522
>I will be the first one on the block to buy a Trumpchi once they are sold here.
>I will be damn proud to be driving a Chinese car brand
>Provided it passes all the crash tests

Currently, most of the models of the many chinese makes cannot meet the minimum USA federal DOT safety requirements. China even copied the DOT NHTSA test facilities and track to help their cars pass tests.

Only a few models of each make can. Upon seeing one of the models that did meet the minimum, I am appalled at how low the DOT standards are and impressed at how much additional effort the traditional car makers (audi,bmw,fca,ford,gm,mercedes,vag) put into the cars to be more than the minimum DOT standard.

Would you buy a car from a chinese maker that only tries to meet the minimum requirements in order to maximize profits?

Chinese companies also have a reputation of not honoring warranties by using technicalities to avoid it. The customer can be forced to prove they didn't abuse the car, performed all maintenance on time using authorized materials, never drove over 80MPH, etcetera.
>>
>>16541130
its called the World Trade Organization both China and the US are apart of it. please be less ignorant.
>>
File: Troll_13adc1_974621.jpg (51KB, 685x371px) Image search: [Google]
Troll_13adc1_974621.jpg
51KB, 685x371px
hahaha god thats funny. you're probably loaded though, mommy and daddy support you guys HARD from back home. clueless fucks.
>>
>>16547908
building collapsed
>>
>>16539545
10/10 post
>>
>>16554681
Opiates worked out well last time soo...
>>
>>16556042
>Opiates worked out well last time
In 2014, there were over 40 restaurants in china got in trouble for adding opiates to their food in order to get customers mildly addicted to eating at their restaurants.

Chemicals are cheap and easy to get in China due to the manufacturing machinery being widely accessible (unlike in the usa). Maybe chinese cars would be popular if they were offered with a deal like "Each Trumpchi comes with a free bag of synthetic heroin".
>>
>>16556468
>chinese heroin
yeah not a fucking chance mate, they'll probably fill the bags with a mixture of cheap plastic dust and glass dust
>>
>>16541114 >>16539522
>As a Chinese person living in Canada ... I'm very proud of my homeland
>>16556468 >>16556553
>they'll probably fill the bags with a mixture of cheap plastic dust and glass dust

Opiates in food:
http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/23/restaurants-in-china-put-opium-in-the-food-to-keep-customers-hooked-5640022/

Well, that explains the chronic craving for food from that restaurant. These various restaurants used opium as seasoning to hook in long term customers.
>>
File: Japan-vs-Chinese_NiMH_battery.jpg (147KB, 978x640px) Image search: [Google]
Japan-vs-Chinese_NiMH_battery.jpg
147KB, 978x640px
>>16539557

China can and does make the highest quality devices too. Apple gear is made in china. But even apple had QC problems due to parts diversion in the past. For example, pirates want to make copies and made private deals with employees at Foxconn and other suppliers.

There's also counterfeiters of good chinese products. For example, one chinese Li-Ion battery make has good quality product. But there were as many as 17 other copycat li-ion battery factories duplicating the product with much inferior quality in order to ride the coattails of the brand name item. So consumers don't know if what they are buying is real or not because the counterfeiters make the product and packaging look alike.

There is also illicit substitution. The fraudulent savings in manufacturing could then be pocketed as extra profit. Eneloop is a japanese brand that makes "identical" NiMH batteries in both japan and china. The product is supposed to be the same since the manufacturing process is identical. But the chinese made product (supposedly supervised by eneloop QC) has half the lifespan of the japanese product when the products were tested by members of a discussion forum who had specialty test equipment capable of performing measurements and data logging. The chemicals and materials used in the chinese products were either impure, diluted, or of insufficient quantity. Picture related.
>>
>Chinese engineering
>>
>>16557881
>Chinese engineering
Chinese companies counterfeit the orange Fram filters (including the packaging). It's an ongoing problem.
>>
>>16555098
>China even copied the DOT NHTSA test facilities and track to help their cars pass tests.
wot

sauce?
>>
>>16558072
Interested because I work at the TRC proving grounds in Ohio which has NHTSA's offices on site.
>>
File: Chinese_Test_Fakery.png (69KB, 705x695px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese_Test_Fakery.png
69KB, 705x695px
>>16558051 >>16558072
>Chinese engineering
https://books.google.com/books?id=DrPYBgAAQBAJ&pg=PT38&lpg=PT38 .....

Paraphrased quote:
Can Chinese automakers be trusted to make safe, reliable parts and vehicles that aren't mis-represented? Probably NOT. Chinese automakers' DNA is to maximize profits.

Chinese manufacturers sold millions of failure-prone tire stems to USA car companies, have flooded North America with counterfeit brand name tires, and continued to fake the competition.

GM's Daewoo subcompact was copied and renamed as Chery. GM sued when the Chinese manufacturer used a disguised GM Daewoo in crash testing as a substitute for the actual Chery (China Motor Vehicle Documentation Centre. Data from 2011-03-12). Now, that's Chinese Engineering!!!
--Book: Lemon-Aid: New and Used Cars and Trucks 1990–2016 By Phil Edmonston

Picture related
>>
File: Chinese_Boundary_Claims.png (78KB, 635x599px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese_Boundary_Claims.png
78KB, 635x599px
>>16539522
>I will be damn proud to be driving a Chinese car brand soon
A genuine Land Wind no doubt. Accept no imitations!

>>16557881
>Chinese engineering

https://qz.com/771727/chinas-factories-in-shenzhen-can-copy-products-at-breakneck-speed-and-its-time-for-the-rest-of-the-world-to-get-over-it/

Your brilliant Kickstarter idea could be on sale in China before you’ve even finished funding it. The Chinese scan kickstarter for items to copy and then put it on sale at AliExpress, alibaba, TaoBao before you even finish funding it.

"""Sometimes, as was the case with Stikbox and the hoverboard, a factory or design team will spot a fledgling new product on the internet, figure out how it’s made, and start churning out near-identical products. Other times, a Chinese partner factory will produce extra units of a product they agreed to make for another company, and sell the surplus items themselves online or to other vendors.

Jack Ma, founder of Alibaba, drew criticism when he told investors in June (paywall) that fake goods “are of better quality and of better price than the real names” and come from “exactly the same factories” as authentic goods.""""
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-27-08-42-09.png (259KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-27-08-42-09.png
259KB, 720x1280px
>>16539522
Pic related you non radioactive Asian cunt
>>
>>16558051
>Chinese companies counterfeit the orange Fram filters
They did a good job for Fram's reputation.
>>
>>16560007
People on an auto forum pointed out that places getting direct delivery from Fram would have the real stuff. It's those independent places that buy from distributors getting stuff made in china.
>>
File: dongfeng Eastwind EQ2050.jpg (206KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
dongfeng Eastwind EQ2050.jpg
206KB, 1024x683px
are we posting chinese ripoffs?
>>
File: Great Wall Coolbear.jpg (56KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Great Wall Coolbear.jpg
56KB, 600x400px
>>16561212
>>
>>16541130
But you're wrong though.
>>
>>16561212
>are we posting chinese ripoffs?
It's not just exteriors. But some car interiors look like a mixture of parts from even different car companies. I remember seeing one car with what looked like the chevrolet malibu door handle and overhead grip. I guess it saves a lot of money when they can re-use blueprint designs and CADCAM data files they copied via their industrial spies.
>>
>>16548005
>painted tinfoil
reminds me of something
>>
>>16563149
I never understood the point of that ad. Don't most people get a plastic bed lining either way?
>>
>>16563306
>I never understood the point of that ad.
Aluminum punctures more easily than steel.
Aluminum tears more easily than steel.
However, Aluminum is lighter and performs well in direct crash tests and blunt force type tests.

So, the use of aluminum can be slightly considered to be gaming the system for weight reduction. That gives improved MPG which the companies are desperate to get and not much change in non-penetrating crash tests since no one crashes into a spear. And sharp hard barrier corners are typically shielded in extravagant USA highway infrastructure.

But as multiple owners have found with the new Ford trucks with aluminum beds, they needed to get bedliners where they didn't do so before with high strength steel beds. Thus, the MPG gains are negated by the need for bedliners.

The net result of this is the auto company thus found a way to shift the burden of improving the MPG onto the consumer.
>>
>>16563830
I'm pretty sure a plastic bedliner won't mark the difference in MPGs that switching to an aluminium body will. At all.

At least in my country, all pickups are sold with plastic bedliners already installed because even though a steel bed wont puncture or tear, you don't want to have a dented up bed. idk, just my 2 cents.
>>
>>16546528
tell a taiwanese person that their country is china, because its called Taiwan (ROC(Republic of China)) and watch them get upset. its hilarious
>>
>>16563936
The original official government of China was the one that moved to Taiwan because the communist rebellion under Mao (and no thanks to the japanese) had pushed the government forces out.
>>
Chinese Triangle brand tires
Bias ply belts busted

Formerly known as Shandong Tires, it now sells its tires worldwide and through wholesale channels. It resells tires under many other brand names and even through chain auto service centers in north america such as Quick Lane of Canada. I guess Quick Lane is similar to those Midas or Goodyear chain service centers in the USA.

https://www.quicklane.com

Triangle tires seem pretty high priced for chinese tires on made in china type online sales places such as alibaba or aliexpress. I'm only using "Triangle" as the collective name because the Triangle company makes lots of tires with other brand names too.

Going through sites pretending to be a customer, it seems there is not much price savings if I try to buy the tires from a north american reseller, so they must be pocketing most of the "made in china" cost savings as profit when they resell the chinese tires to the north american consumer. If there isn't much price savings, then I'd rather just buy michelin, continental, or some other name brand in the first place (as long as they aren't counterfeit).

Some of these online sites selling Triangle also sell low-priced "real Nike products" made in china. I'm amazed to see the huge variety of sales techniques in china. Items made for Catholics for example. Hmm, prices so low they make me want to buy. Brand name TPMS sensors for $3 each. Authentic for Ford and GM. Why should I buy from my Ford or GM dealer when genuine authentic Ford and GM parts are $3 each? Certified DOT. What is "DOT" certification?
>>
>>16539522
>As a Chinese person living in Canada, I will be the first one on the block to buy a Trumpchi once they are sold here

Here's a Guangzhou Auto Trumpchi GA8 midsize luxury sedan. It has a turbo 2 liter 197HP engine. I wonder if that engine is similar to GM's turbo 2L 197HP engine they put into midsize malibu.

China taxes engines in 500mL segments, so engines tend to be just at the edge of the next tax bracket without getting the higher taxes of the next bracket. Don't know if this means the actual engine size is 1.99L though if China taxes 2.0L and up.
>>
>>16539522
As a Chinese person, you're going to buy a BMW, Merc, Audi or a jap brand

t. another Chinese person
>>
>>16566495
>China taxes engines in 500mL segments

China tried to go after the gas guzzler problem two ways. It tried in 2009 which wasn't enough. So it tried again in 2011 with the engine size tax. 2L is the largest engine size that has a paltry penalty tax. Since the chinese copy lots of things, I wonder if they have copied EcoBoost engine designs since those seem to be a hit. The amount of taxes are described in the article at:

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/china/2011-02/25/c_13750584.htm

Instead of engine size, the USA's methods are mostly based upon a graduated tax using MPG with cars above 22.5MPG not taxed. Thus in the USA when MPG:

at least 21.5, but less than 22.5 --> $1000 tax
at least 20.5, but less than 21.5 --> $1300
at least 19.5, but less than 20.5 --> $1700
at least 18.5, but less than 19.5 --> $2100

However, there are gas guzzler loopholes. Since the power of taxation is with Congress, that probably means lobbyist dollars are what's keeping the loopholes open. Must be nice to be the son of a senator. While it's not a skilled job, I suppose he can go visit a lobbyists home to mow the yard for $10,000 each week until a certain bill is voted upon by the senator. Or whatever it is they do.
>>
>>16539522
>Provided it passes all the crash tests with a good rating
Well, there you go.
>>
>>16549197 >>16557881 >>16561212

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/features/car-culture/attack-of-the-clones-the-most-shameless-knock-off-car-designs/

The LandWind X7 appears to be the automotive equivalent of a fake Rolex, in that it looks more or less like the real thing but hugely undercuts it on price.

The new X7, costs roughly the equivalent of £14,000 in China, compared with around £40,000 for a genuine Range Rover Evoque. Yet the two look alike.

JLR invested substantially in a joint venture with domestic manufacturer Chery to gain a more permanent foothold in China. The Evoque designs were being built in partner Chery's factory. However, the intellectual property blueprints furnished by JLR to Chery apparently made their way to other chinese car companies. These other companies then used the blueprints to make knock offs under different names.
>>
100% b8
>>
File: Chinese_cars.jpg (169KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese_cars.jpg
169KB, 800x450px
>>16539522

Has anyone here even bought a chinese car? I don't mean one made in china with the BMW, chevrolet, or ford brand logo. But ones branded by Chery, Dong Feng, Geely, Haval, Linfan, Shuanghuan, etcetera.
>>
File: Chery QQ.jpg (226KB, 2048x1503px) Image search: [Google]
Chery QQ.jpg
226KB, 2048x1503px
>>16539522
>I will be damn proud to be driving a Chinese car brand soon.

If you're thinking of getting a SmartCar, then a better safer choice is the Chery QQ. It is a bit larger and robust. It can carry more. And it has good MPG. And it can go on a freeway unlike a SmartCar.

Chery QQ has got to be better than the FIAT that crumples up and shoves the engine into the passenger compartment.
>>
>>16571442

my wife's uncle owns a chery a1 or whatever. it actually seems to be holding up OK. IIRC it has a mitsubishi engine in it. it's still pretty new though so prob hasnt had a chance to shit the bed yet
>>
>>16539557
Globalization will make the cars cheap. Trump's tariff antics are only going to make usa cars more expensive since their parts will cost a lot more. That will heighten the contrast between chinese prices and usa prices for a similar looking car.

The main losers of tariffs and end of NAFTA would be Canada and Mexico. As their economies weaken, they'll stop buying usa cars and buy chinese ones instead.
>>
>>16572885
How does that uncle get his Chery serviced? Does Chery have a network of dealerships? Or does it partner with some other car brand to have its cars serviced at those dealerships?
>>
File: image.png (1KB, 255x170px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1KB, 255x170px
>>16539522 (OP)
Op i am an american born chinese (abc). Im going through an identity crisis. I dont feel like i belong here. Ive been to china to see my grandparents 5 times in total and have enjoyed the people and life there but i feel like the abused girlfriend who still stays with her boyfriend in the sense that i still feel a connection to Australia even though Australia is not for me.

I dont feel connected with the whites even though i don't dislike them, i don't like the ethnics, i don't like other ABCs because they were raised with pre-cultural revolution values and hence their attitude is very Japanese as opposed to chinese.

As youre a full Chinese from China who has experience living overseas tell me how would i survive guangzhou? First ill need to learn Chinese. But after that then what?

Its too hard to progress in USA unless youre a creme of the crop ABC and not all ABCs can be creme of the crop.

Please help
>>
File: JAC-Ford-F-150-22[3].jpg (76KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
JAC-Ford-F-150-22[3].jpg
76KB, 640x480px
I for one am going to buy a Chinese F-150
>>
>>16539557
they cant be sold here, they don't meet our crash safety standards.
>>
>>16576518
>they cant be sold here, they don't meet our crash safety standards.
They would meet crash standards if they were sold in the USA. But INSIDE THE USA they are subject to usa courts on patent theft and copyright.
>>
>>16542216
>read that
Jesus, it's like the Chinese are real life Ferengi.
>>
File: acupuncture.gif (1021KB, 450x239px) Image search: [Google]
acupuncture.gif
1021KB, 450x239px
This is the only chinese webm I could post here that won't get me banned
>>
>>16563830
Most people have/had bedliners anyways.

Those that didn't usually don't/didn't care if their bed got destroyed or barely use the bed enough to justify protecting it, at which point you're not likely going to be puncturing it anytime soon.
>>
>>16576694
>webm
>>
>>16563830
>Thus, the MPG gains are negated by the need for bedliners.

A bedliner weighs absolutely nothing. A few winter jackets weigh about as much as a bedliner. Besides, Chevy is going to an aluminum body soon anyways and all of this will be moot. The only guys who will lose out are people who buy fleet trucks for hard work who now need to buy bedliners for a large number of vehicles.
>>
>>16576355
>I for one am going to buy a Chinese F-150
They make sure you buy ones whose paint coats are matched. As you can see in the picture, the main body of the JAC copycat of the ford F-150 has varying paint color. The front body and bed body are matched which means they were painted at the same time. But the extended cab door has a different color and even a different _TYPE_ of shine. If you detail cars then you know what I mean.

Most americans insist that a new car from the factory have all body parts of the same color such that the doors match the body and roof. When doors or body panels have slightly different shades, it makes the car look like it was repainted after an accident.
>>
>>16563306
Yea a few mil of rubber will definitely stop that
>>
>>16549767
what?
>>
>>16563149
wtf is up with the one on the right?

it looks so fake
>>
File: Bedliner.jpg (99KB, 595x446px) Image search: [Google]
Bedliner.jpg
99KB, 595x446px
>>16577400
well, yeah. I don't mean a rubberized coating, btw. I mean a solid plastic bedliner like pic related
>>
>>16577774
>it looks so fake
It was not fake because it was also witnessed by media in a demonstration. And the tool chest was not dropped from an aimed overhead position. Nor was it thrown down.

It was done as the potentially possible situation for normal people where they set the tool chest on the edge of the truck bed. Then the chest is accidentally knocked off the edge and falls into the truck bed.
>>
>>16577774
nah
>>
>>16578102
There are all kinds of plastic bedliners. Some are very thin and pierce easily.
>>
>>16578102
Doesn't water get in between those plastic bedliners and the metal bed and start rusting? The friction from the plastic rubs off the paint. The plastic also traps the moisture that gets in from the edges and keeps it there. It would be bad if salt water from winter roads gets trapped.
>>
>>16581320
I guess you could seal it off with some silicone, but since the ed is aluminum anyways it won't rust
>>
>>16578102
>I mean a solid plastic bedliner like pic related
Chinese cars probably would come with bedliner in the first place with any option package. Since it is almost guaranteed all buyers get at least the first option package for chinese cars, this ensures the plastic bedliner will always hide any excessively large dents the bed gets from loads that hit the bed hard.

Any rust problems with trapped water and a chinese steel bed would occur after that traditional 3 year bumper to bumper warranty that north american customers have come to expect with all vehicles sold there.
>>
>>16576355
>I for one am going to buy a Chinese F-150
The chinese don't seem to be applying for USA safety certifications for their knockoff cars. So you cannot import them into the USA. But Australia seems to allow various cars probably because no australians have their patents infringed.
>>
>>16563936
I thought a lot of them wanted to reunify. That was what china was saying in the press.
>>
>>16546487
>I like the Chinese one more, actually.
That's an advantage of copying. They can make style changes based on how reviews of the original car went.
>>
>>16585686
The chinese knock-off of the Rolls Royce luxury car even comes with a copied winged hood ornament which RR is so famous for having. But the chinese tweaked theirs a bit whereas RR didn't change theirs since the beginning. I think the chinese winged hood ornament copy is better looking that the RR one.
>>
File: Dongfeng EQ2050 (hummer clone).jpg (31KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Dongfeng EQ2050 (hummer clone).jpg
31KB, 480x270px
>>16549197
>http://www.bmwblog.com/2008/12/19/bmw-loses-court-battle-to-chinese-x5-clone/

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?? Here's an offering from Dong Feng. Since it has the UN painted on the side, it's apparently trying to be a hummer clone at the car show.
>>
>>16549005
>chi <== chinchin (penis)

Thanks a Japanese not Chinese, you baka.
>>
>>16588548
That's*
>>
>>16554528
>I mean, look at the Koreans. They seem to be doing fine.
The south koreans would need to expand more before the chinese appear and cannibalize their business.
>>
File: Geely GE (Rolls Royce Phantom).jpg (46KB, 590x317px) Image search: [Google]
Geely GE (Rolls Royce Phantom).jpg
46KB, 590x317px
>>16586614
The Rolls Royce copy is the Geely GE. Even the grill is made to resemble the Rolls a bit.
>>
>>16591398
inb4 European hipsters develop a subculture revolving around knock-off cars imported from China
>>
>>16578171
2lewd4fourchan
>>
>>16547655
> car crumples as it should do

I don't see the problem
>>
>>16591433 >>16549197
>inb4 European hipsters develop a subculture revolving around knock-off cars imported from China

What probably made BMW extra angry was that chinese knockoffs could use authentic BMW parts as direct substitutes for the knock-off parts. So that implies the BMW CAD CAM manufacturing and machining blueprints were in the hands of the chinese making knock-off copies.

When the knock-offs are good enough to use some or many OEM parts, that means a subculture can develop to share info on what parts can be replaced in real BMW cars with the cheaper but good enough chinese parts from knock-off cars.
>>
>>16575703
>But after that then what?
You'll get a job at chinese level wages. And chinese level job benefits.
>>
>>16575703
>tell me how would i survive guangzhou?
You're a westerner used to the USA infrastructure.
Sure, you hate the USA and want to go to China. Why not work for a usa company and posts its secrets to help chinese industry?
Can you survive in Guangzhou housing without getting mystery fees added on because you're a westerner?
Can you survive the water problem with your skin?
Can you accept the wage differences?
>>
>>16575703
>Its too hard to progress in USA
You've had a soft life and didn't know it. You are under-read or didn't bother checking out how others strive. You should go try to acclimatize in Hong Kong instead of Guangzhou if you want some infrastructure. You'll see how hard people have to work to have stuff, but at least you'll have some language and social infrastructure around you while you get accustomed to working hard to make a living in the world outside of the easygoing USA.
>>
>>16576355
Why is the rear door a different color from the rest of the truck?
>>
>>16598419
Lack of QC in regulating how paint materials arrive at the factory.

Followed by a deliberate lack of QC in the inspection process. The chinese QC inspectors are probably under pressure to APPROVE cars for sale instead of decreasing profits by disapproving cars for panels or doors with mismatching paint colors.

Since handling warranty problems is expensive, the chinese companies must have some aggressive ways to prevent all these QC problems from coming back as warranty problems. Otherwise, they would have better QC just to save money on warranty servicing. They probably just say the customer invalidated their warranty by doing <insert item here> or by not doing <insert item here>.
>>
>>16539522
Good on you man. If there were any legit Canadian car companies I'd chastise you for not buying Canadian. But since there's not, and American cars are shit, and Japanese/German/Korean companies are just as far away as China I say you do you.
>>
>>16539522
>As a Chinese person living in Canada, I will be the first one on the block to buy a Trumpchi once they are sold here.
>I'm very proud of my homeland to go from a agrarian poverty stricken country to a major industrial power within half a decade!

Funny (or demented) enough, there's a number of dashcam videos in China where after a car hits someone, they back up and run over the person repeatedly.

It seems like a crazy urban legend: In China, drivers who have injured pedestrians will sometimes then try to kill them.

If the person has family they may sue and you have to settle for the death for $30-$50K, but if that person lives with injury it can cost many times more.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2015/09/why_drivers_in_china_intentionally_kill_the_pedestrians_they_hit_china_s.html

In 2010 in Xinyi, video captured a wealthy young man reversing his BMW X6 out of a parking spot. He hits a 3-year-old boy, knocking the child to the ground and rolling over his skull. The driver then shifts his BMW into drive and crushes the child again. Remarkably, the driver then gets out of the BMW, puts the vehicle in reverse, and guides it with his hand as he walks the vehicle backward over the boy’s crumpled body. The man’s foot is so close to the toddler’s head that, if alive, the boy could have reached out and touched him. The driver then puts the BMW in drive again, running over the boy one last time as he drives away.

Here too, the driver was charged only with accidentally causing a person’s death. (He claimed to have confused the boy with a cardboard box or trash bag.) Police rejected charges of murder and even of fleeing the scene of the crime, ignoring the fact that the driver ran over the boy’s head as he sped away.

These drivers are willing to kill not only because it is cheaper, but also because they expect to escape murder charges.
>>
>>16599766
Wow!
So the chinese basically game the system even to the point of manslaughter or murder. If it's cheaper to their own wallet to kill someone than to let that person live, they will kill that person.

Man: "I saved 10,000 yuan today!"

Wife: You should have run over someone more expensive. I saved 50,000 yuan today!
>>
>>16549758
its pretty clear you wanted to make a point but then werent presented with the response you were looking for then proceeded to make the same point which doesnt make sense.
>>
Oh, harow!
Ching Chong ching Chong
A, China car, so superior ching Chong
What's the plan to invade the USA again? I forget!
>>
>>16583096
>The chinese don't seem to be applying for USA safety certifications for their knockoff cars.

Until they use their illegally obtained profits to build up their expertise to create their own legitimate cars, they have problems selling many car models in western countries.

For example, selling the rolls royce clone will fail in England and probably in post-brexit EU as well.

Selling the camaro clone would have problems in the USA.

Selling the BMW clone would have problems in the EU.

Selling the various clones of japanese cars wouldn't work in Japan.
>>
>>16575703
>Its too hard to progress in USA
>unless youre a creme of the crop ABC
My grandpa came to America with only an equivalent 6th grade education. He didn't have a "it's too hard I give up" attitude. He improved the life and opportunities for his children as they now had american schools. As the child of one of his children, I kept on learning and working.

When people say "it's too hard to keep going in the USA", that is a lazy attitude. A surrender attitude. A passive attitude towards life that waits for opportunity to be handed out instead of earned.

But why should such opportunity handouts be someone's requirement for excess success?

America has many free opportunity handouts. That is great for a country to have so much prosperity it naturally has good luck occur spontaneously. But there is a limited supply of that. Additional opportunities occur for those who work towards creating them. Education is one way. Making connections to other people is another. If you refuse to educate or make social links, then that is your choice of course. You chose to limit yourself.

China is full of opportunists. Very desperate opportunists. If you the lazy american went to china, you would be very disrespected by the chinese people there. Especially with your ABC history of having such great opportunity and squandering it.
>>
File: Model_in_2016_Haval_M4.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Model_in_2016_Haval_M4.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>16539522
>I will be damn proud to be driving a Chinese car brand soon.

The 2016 Haval M4 (aka Great Wall M4) is powered by a 1.5 with 106hp and 138nm, mated to a 5-speed manual or a CVT.

A loaded new 2016 Haval M4 SUV with bigger engine and the options packages is priced at $18,300 dollars. The basic Haval M4 SUV as you indicate is approximately $13,300 for a new SUV. I don't know what kind of SUV has only 1.5, but that is chinese specs for you.
>>
>>16603789
I'm not used to seeing the door gaskets exposed to the passenger cabin.

Western cars use additional interior door and frame plastic materials to cosmetically hide the gaskets as well as provide space for side airbags.

Looking at the Haval M4 design, they didn't provide any plastic framework to hide the airbags, so apparently there are no side airbags in the 2016 car. While that is efficient, the NHTSA part of the DOT has minimum airbag requirements.

Haval M4 A-Pillar:
The thinness of the A-pillars suggests they can crumple easily.

Haval M4 B-Pillar:
The B-pillar is probably thinner than the girl's arm if that can be believed. Any educated guess towards the size of the B-pillar would note the size of the rear window frame.

The B-pillar cannot be larger than the frame. Thus, a reasonable educated guess would be the B-pillar is actually thinner than the girl's arm.

C-Pillar:
Any educated guess would assume that for driver and front passenger safety, the C-pillar should not be stronger than the A-pillar. If it was, then the area between the B-pillar and C-pillar would not necessarily crumple first. Instead, it would force a higher chance of crumpling in the A to B pillar area upon a severe rear-end collision. All things being equal, it is better for the space between the B and C pillars to crumple first than for the space between the A and B pillars to crumple first.

The 2016 Haval M4 has great driver visibility and design efficiency into minimalizing the use of metal and materials everywhere. But it looks too efficient.

At $13K, the M4 is too high priced and the Hyundai for a little more is a far better deal and even has a long warranty. With the cost of making cars, selling at $13K is too high, so Great Wall / Haval must be setting such high prices to rip off westerners.
>>
>>16603789
>>16604241
>The 2016 Haval M4 has great driver visibility and design efficiency into minimalizing the use of metal and materials everywhere.

So Haval is like Lotus then. What you need is to simplify and add lightness.
>>
Does china make any cheap RWD vechicals or is it all sedans and SUVs?
>>
>>16605560
>Does china make any cheap RWD vehicles or is it all sedans and SUVs

China certainly makes lots of consumer trucks with rear wheel drive. You can also look through topical info at wikipedia. It's not always complete since wikipedia relies on volunteers to update data. Shown below is the list of front wheel drive vehicles. I leave it up to you to access their rear wheel drive listing. The chinese names should stick out in your mind but if they don't, then look up the top 11 chinese passenger car companies (there are more than 11 major vehicle manufacturers).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Front-wheel-drive_vehicles
>>
>>16593050
>When the knock-offs are good enough to use some or many OEM parts, that means a subculture can develop to share info on what parts can be replaced in real BMW cars with the cheaper but good enough chinese parts from knock-off cars.
This actually makes me wish China started going nuts with copyright infringement decades earlier. If they made Not-E30s and sold off all the tooling used to make parts at an extremely low price, I'm pretty sure some enterprising enthusiasts would be able to make replacement parts decades later. Sort of like what DeLorean is doing now.
>>
>>16606080
>This actually makes me wish China started going nuts with copyright infringement decades earlier.

But if they are to sell those cars in either europe or the usa, the patent infringements have to be hidden or removed to where lawsuits won't succeed. As it is, comparison of chassis and power train would show too many similarities despite the skin differences between these two pictured cars.

The Geely company likes to copy chassis and internals but re-skin somewhat differently. They copied the Toyota Aygo which was co-developed with Citroen. It was a good enough copy to score five stars at the C-NCAP which is china's copy of the NCAP test track and automotive test equipment center.

So apparently China copied both the NHTSA (north american) and NCAP (european) automotive safety test centers in order to test cars. Why re-invent the wheel? Or why re-invent wheel tests when copying someone else's test methods saves the trouble and costs of determining test methodology?
>>
Why isn't this thread dead like the Melbourne one? JESUS FUCK I THOUGHT IT WAS COPYPASTA
>>
>>16606955
Geely was the company that even tried to cheat at those chinese "NCAP" tests. They took a GM car, removed its skin, remodeled its chassis a bit, then put their own Geely skin on it. And submitted that as the example for testing. They got caught at it.

Substitution for exams. Never stops.

Makes you wonder how many chinese students in those big auditorium SAT type exams have rich parents hire a substitute to take the exam for them using a faked ID.
>>
Jesus FUCK let this thread die
>>
>>16607993
Shut up Mr Censorship.
That's too much like mainland China already.
>>
>>16540084
No, china will follow the same trajectory as china in ww2. getting raped by the honorary aryan japs
>>
File: China_vs_Japan.jpg (214KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
China_vs_Japan.jpg
214KB, 1920x1080px
>>16608193
>china will follow the same trajectory as china in ww2. getting raped by the honorary aryan japs
No, China has even forced the Japanese off of the Senkaku Islands. China has laid claim to Japan's Senkaku Islands as that is supposedly in an area where deep sea oil drilling is possible.
>>
>>16606955
>So apparently China copied both the NHTSA (north american) and NCAP (european) automotive safety test centers in order to test cars.

Who runs these test centers? Do they publish the results if negative?
>>
支那人plz
>>
>>16600993
>What's the plan to invade the USA again?
They already have vehicle factories in the USA. But they make buses and hybrid buses and sell them to municipalities instead of individual consumers.
>>
>>16606080
>This actually makes me wish China started going nuts with copyright infringement decades earlier.

Thievery is thievery especially when large corporations do it regularly and are then protected by their governments from prosecution.

USA companies have gone out of business due to the copyright and patent issues with china.
>>
>>16607937
Pretty cheeky of them to try the "wolf in sheep's clothing" trick to fool regulators. It basically shows you can't trust their printed literature when it talks about the car's stats.

It also goes with the chinese bait and switch approach to product selling. They show you a product and you agree to buy it. They then sell to you their actual product which has the same outside looks but the insides are now all different and extra cheapened. Or even out of spec.
>>
>>16539522
Nice ayylmao car.

Trumpchi good name though
>>
>>16613335
That would be something if the car you test drove at the Geely dealership was not the car you ended up with. I bet almost no one really checks the VIN to make sure the same VIN ends up in their hands. So the Geely dealer could prep up a different lemon car in the before they hand it over. It's the best way to get rid of cars that were tested and found to have problems.
>>
>>16614240
Who would be the first dealer chain in the USA to allow Geely franchises at their physical dealer locations? There are lots of dealer chains that are not wholly single make, so this is quite possible.
>>
>>16615871
That won't happen until the cars in china are improved enough to pass actual NCAP and NHTSA safety tests to earn one star.

However, the european market and usa/canada markets are not satisfied with one star types of cars. Hyundai and Kia entered the market long ago with considerably safer cars than what china has.

I don't know how to predict the car market. But I'd say one way to look at it is if the chinese can copy enough designs and reskin them for sale as two-star safety vehicles. At that point, people will buy them because the cost is pretty low. Then the chinese can enter the market and not suffer the embarassment of rejection due to negative safety publicity.
>>
File: MoreRAM.jpg (148KB, 870x827px) Image search: [Google]
MoreRAM.jpg
148KB, 870x827px
>>16605560
>Does china make any cheap RWD vechicals or is it all sedans and SUVs?

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Rear-wheel-drive_vehicles
>>
>>16598419
Probably made elsewhere. Otherwise it would use the same paint booths. There was a picture before of multiple parts in a chinese booth. Quite different from usa booths where one item is in there at a time to prevent overspray from the current piece from reaching other pieces.
>>
>>16539567
I'd rather crash in a modern car made in a first world country over this pile of trash.
>>
File: Pyeonghwa_Motors.png (11KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
Pyeonghwa_Motors.png
11KB, 184x184px
>>16539557
>I can't see the North American public wanting these anytime soon unless they're dirt cheap.

Just like Harbor Freight, if it's dirt cheap, people will buy it. Look at the used car market. People buy trash all the time because of price.
>>
>>16547499
Not before we buy all your houses and send you people to the ghetto to live with niggas and beaners
>>
>>16539522
So that means you chose a nice German car? A BMW made in the Carolina factory? Instead of using a work day which has a greater chance of workday cars, looking at the weekend parking garage cars, it's full of japanese cars, german cars, and very few american cars. So their NAFTA isn't working because Canadians and VISA guests from China are still buying german and japanese cars. If there's a Ford, GM, or FCA car, it probably has a WA plate. It won't have a BC plate. Nafta failed.
>>
>>16608193
>china will follow the same trajectory as china in ww2. getting raped by the honorary aryan japs
China has been the one ruthlessly expanding.
Even some pacific island nations had to enact special constitutional changes due to the growing number of chinese citizens living on the islands due to chinese fisheries or ocean resource harvesting and processing plants and docks. The islands were worried that the foreign citizens (especially chinese) would vote the islands to join China or some other country as a province.
>>
>>16611763
>protected by their governments from prosecution.
It's worse than that- Chinese law is basically structured not just to forgive infringement, but to facilitate it.

Manufacture and especially sale of nearly anything in China must be done by a majority-Chinese owned firm, so foreign companies basically have to form a Chinese subsidiary to have any business presence in China. Of course, with Chinese locals holding a majority stake in the business, there's little to stop them from simply pushing their corporate "parent" out of the organization once the foreign firm has handed over its IP to have the products made. Then there's an "official" Chinese manufacturer making and selling "genuine" merchandise with no relationship whatsoever to the original company.
>>
>>16621081
I wonder if anyone at Pyeongwha realizes that the two bird logo looks like a flying onahole.
>>
>>16539557
There's always some bizarre exceptions. Like Norinco making better copies of guns than the originals.
>>
>>16624418
Turn the logo upside down and it becomes more suggestive.

The original Starbucks logo featured the mermaid's body more fully as the central tine of a trident. But then a bunch of wags mocked Starbucks for having the mermaid spread her legs as their logo!!! Never mind that mermaids don't have legs. That embarassed the hell out of Starbucks so they quickly modified their logo by shrinking what you could see in the original.
>>
>>16624418
Upside down it's legs and puffy vulva.

At least the Chinese companies don't have bad logos. Some are pretty nice looking.
>>
>>16625891
Someone should make a chinese logo wall just like the one for the western cars.
>>
>>16539522
>I will be damn proud to be driving a Chinese car brand soon
When will chinese cars start to appear in The Fast and The Furious movies? That will be a sign they have arrived.
>>
>>16624411
>Then there's an "official" Chinese manufacturer making and selling "genuine" merchandise with no relationship whatsoever to the original company.

Yep, lots of usa companies have regretted (too late) losing their product lines to copycat factories that even look identical inside. They copied even the interior equipment infrastructure.
>>
>>16539574
It will have the standard warranties. So you will always have that bumper to bumper warranty service the first 3 years. And the usual powertrain warranty beyond that.
>>
File: SUPERBIRD.jpg (31KB, 427x500px) Image search: [Google]
SUPERBIRD.jpg
31KB, 427x500px
THIS THREAD IS DAMN NEAR 17 DAYS OLD I DON'T WANNA SEE THIS CHINKSHIT THREAD ONE MORE TIME

DELET
>>
>>16557776
>Apple gear is made in china
Apple is ASSEMBLED in China

China couldn't even make ballpoint pens themselves until last fucking month
http://fortune.com/2017/01/10/china-ballpoint-pens-steel-japan/
all the "made in China" ballpoint pens were really only assembled in China

they do the same shit with their military aircraft
it's "made in China" with Russian engines
>>
>>16539522

China is already the world's top car market.

China will surpass the USA as the #1 economy approx in 2030 as predicted by Price Waterhouse in the USA News & World Report magazine article. China is already the largest economy in the world in PPP terms, having overtaken the US in 2014. The article is at:

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2017-02-07/china-india-to-overtake-us-economy-by-2050?int=news-rec

http://www.pwc.com/gx/en/issues/economy/the-world-in-2050.html#featured

Trumpchi for the win in 2030!?
>>
>>16556038
still makes me chuckle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umhdEj9QQqQ
>>
>>16544010
Not true at all.
No matter how proud you are of being chinese you can usually live better off in the west.
Its like when a straight man sucks off other dudes for money but is still not a faggot since its just for money.
>>
File: yugo.jpg (281KB, 670x452px) Image search: [Google]
yugo.jpg
281KB, 670x452px
>>
WHY IS THIS THREAD STILL ALIVE
>>
File: 1231246936801.jpg (48KB, 379x600px) Image search: [Google]
1231246936801.jpg
48KB, 379x600px
>>16539522

Which countries import Chinese cars? Or is there a convenient list somewhere?
>>
File: china.jpg (120KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
china.jpg
120KB, 1280x720px
>>16539522
>TRUMPchi
>Made in China
What kind of meme is this?
>>
File: Chinese_SUV.jpg (30KB, 500x266px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese_SUV.jpg
30KB, 500x266px
>>16631153
>It will have the standard warranties. So you will always have that bumper to bumper warranty service the first 3 years. And the usual powertrain warranty beyond that.

It's good to have warranty but best if you never need to use it. Someone posted elsewhere in 4chan their experience with a chinese SUV in the picture because it was a company car. Below was that person's experience with the pictured car.

>I've driven pic related owned by company.
>Tyre pressure sensors go off at random
>Won't play most USB stick content.
>Auto shift erratic and jerky
>Won't hold a gear going down hill in manual mode 1000rpm before red line
>Jerky delayed launch
>Brake pad fell off backing plate
>Steering wheel controls on wrong side
>Can't remove jack without bending the holder bracket
>>
>>16539522
>As a Chinese person living in Canada, I will be the first one on the block to buy a Trumpchi once they are sold here

Why don't you buy the chinese car that uses the logo resembling what Star Fleet uses? That would be hot.
>>
>>16635436
>Won't play most USB stick content.
This is got to be bullshit. Stereos in other cars are made in China (if not Mexico or other even lower tier economies), and those work (pretty easy to swap anyways).

I can tell you never touch a brake pad in your life.

I can tell you never touch a brake pad in your life.
>>
>>16634296
Netherlands has some chinese cars.
>>
>>16637327

>Stereos in other cars are made in China

True, but they're generally conscientious enough to outsource the software side of things to at least three dozen people from India, which is why most other car manufacturer stereos work fine, while the ones wholly made in China glitch like a bastard.

>I can tell you never touch a brake pad in your life.

Valid point.
>>
File: Geely_2014_EX7_GL_SUV.jpg (37KB, 555x416px) Image search: [Google]
Geely_2014_EX7_GL_SUV.jpg
37KB, 555x416px
>>16635436
Geely SUV seems to hold its value in the Chile used car market.

Geely SUV (used):
chileautos.cl/autos/busqueda?q=(And.TipoVehículo.Autos%2C camionetas y 4x4._.Marca.Geely._.Ano.range(..2015)._.Carroceria.SUV.)

Geely Sedan (used):
https://chileautos.cl/autos/busqueda?q=(And.Tipo.Usado._.TipoVehículo.Autos%2C camionetas y 4x4._.Región.Metropolitana de Santiago._.Marca.Geely._.Ano.range(..2015)._.Carroceria.Sedán.)

2014 Geely EX7 GL SUV $12,375 USD manual transmission, white. The aluminum engine size is not mentioned, but 1.8L was typical at that time period for manual since 2.0L was for automatic transmission.

Has China NCAP 5 STAR Safety rating

>>16635436 >>16637327 >>16637925
>I can tell you never touch a brake pad in your life
Brake pads do statistically fall off and this has happened for non-chinese cars too. However, the question is whether or not chinese cars have a higher statistical rate of odd problems like brake pads falling off of relatively new cars.

Since /o/ has a fetish concerning Miata, I gave a miata-related example: https://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=177040 When in doubt, Miata!

The question is would /o/ pay $12,300 for a 2014 Geely EX7 SUV with manual transmission and 1.8 liter engine? If the 2014 car was purchased in 2013, then it could very well be out of the best part of its warranty.
>>
>>16632853
Lel
>>
>>16556032
And women eaten by escalator machinery, horrible video
>>
File: BuickEnvision.jpg (103KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
BuickEnvision.jpg
103KB, 800x531px
>>16539522
Coming to Murica, Made in CHYNA.
>>
>>16638942
I like how chinese cars get their NCAP 5-star crash rating from the chinese organization. So it's really a CNCAP but they either word it C-NCAP or China NCAP.
>>
>>16638942
That's what happens when management thinks of short term results in order to look good for their final bonuses before they retire. The sacrificed future is left to the chance and not to plan.

Whatever happened to Taiwan as a car maker? I guess they just can't afford the infrastructure being on the small resource-poor Formosa Island.
>>
>>16639011
>So it's really a CRAP*
FTFY
>>
>>16539557
If the USA had joined TPP, it would have forced China to improve its quality on a multitude of products.
>>
>>16641394
Hillary you lost,pls go and stay go!
>>
>>16643018
Hillary and Bill drives off in a chinese car, still glad they gave China the Most Favored Nation trading status.
>>
File: kuifje2.jpg (26KB, 254x237px) Image search: [Google]
kuifje2.jpg
26KB, 254x237px
>>16539522
who the nigger loving fuck keeps bumping this thread? fuck off with your shit viral marketing you cancerous chinkfags. would not buy if it were the last functioning car on the planet.
>>
>>16548627
>Thanks, China, for shipping kilo after kilo of fentanyl and carfentanyl into the US to be sold as "heroin" (fent is over 50x stronger than heroin) killing off dozens if not hundreds of Americans every day.
>Thanks, China, for shipping cheap pill press machines to rando Americans so they can flood the US market with fake oxy and xanax pills that actually contain other drugs.
Thanks, China, for glorious cheap and high quality 2cb, mxe, and 4-aco-dmt
>>
>>16645379
this desu
>>
>>16548627
supply and demand
get rid of the demand and the supply will stop. if they don't do, someone else will
>>
>>16637043
Which brand is that?
>>
>>16546528
PRC has never had a claim on the island of Taiwan
>>
>>16539522

Go the fuck back to China if you love it so much, you filthy disgusting dog eating chink.
>>
>>16542120
i thought chinese 1911 are made of super tough chinese steel from railway tracks
>>
>>16542072
I was just about to say that
>>
File: geely-emgrand-ge-1280-04.jpg (112KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
geely-emgrand-ge-1280-04.jpg
112KB, 750x422px
Behold the greatness
>>
>>16648433
Is this one also 5 star crash test rated NCAP china? The Chinese companies have a problem with certifications that is typically: A model gets certified and then they take that certification and apply it to all variations with significant internal (not exterior skin) design changes that also have that model name but have not themselves been tested.

The chinese used to counterfeit UL approval on various products in the 1990's. But UL made it much harder to do that and so the chinese then would manage to build a unit with enough QC to pass UL approval. Then they'd make various different products using the exterior skin of that product (with the UL approval stamp) but of course those electronic products were never sent for UL qualification testing.

That's why it is of note to wonder about crash test statements that come from a chinese company instead of from the qualification testing house published literature listing all the products they have officially tested.
>>
Fuck you, you fucking gook piece of shit. We don't want you here. Take your shit the fuck back to chinkville and take all your faggot ass imported citizens and cars with you.
>>
>>16650021
People want the best price.
That's why Harbor Freight outsells Craftsman and other USA tools put together.
>>
>>16542348
this makes me angry and sad at once. happening all over the major English speaking countries....
>>
>>16651795
>That's why Harbor Freight outsells Craftsman and other USA tools put together

Sears is in the process of going bankrupt. It has sold the Craftsman brand and is seeking to sell its other brands such as Kenmore and DieHard.

Craftsman, Kenmore, and DieHard prices just can't sell enough volume to have lower prices because a lot of Sear's customers were cannibalized by asian competitors.
>>
>>16539522
You won't be able to afford it when your job is shipped to China.
>>
>>16539522
Are there any Canadians left in Canada?
>>
>>16653512
>Are there any Canadians left in Canada?
The rugged self-sufficient canadian, just like the usa's rugged self-sufficient cowboy, are part of a history that is dying away. In the usa, the rugged cowboy is often mocked by the social welfare crowd or denigrated as racist when basic concepts that built canada or the usa are brought up.
>>
>>16653450
>That's why Harbor Freight outsells Craftsman and other USA tools put together
Lots of people in my neighborhood consider Harbor Freight to be a "brand name" that is adequate for the task.

Efficient commodity pricing trumps ancient heirloom tool pricing.

Harbor Freight and other chinese brands like Vizio win. Even /a/ will eventually surrender its anime to china. Some of the "japanese animation" shows on japanese TV are actually re-dubbed into japanese from their original chinese form. It used to only be spot appearances, but now two seasons in a row have had multiple anime shows produced by chinese or created wholly in china.

Efficient chinese anime commodity pricing trumps japanese anime pricing.
Thread posts: 253
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.