[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CTR ep3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Honda-Civic-JDM-EP3-51.jpg (525KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Honda-Civic-JDM-EP3-51.jpg
525KB, 2048x1365px
pls help me /o/
I have set my eyes on an 2003 EDM ep3, should I do it?
>legit 220k km mileage
>costs 3k EUR

However, I found another previous owner on a local Honda forum, the car has been used on track quite often it seems.
replies from other ep3 owners would be really aprreciated
>>
>>16524044
>the car has been used on track quite often
Don't bother.
>>
>>16524757
yeah lad but desu it's not like type-r's are bought by pastors who use em on sundays to get to church only
>>
>>16524044
OP, I have a DC5 Type R and had a EP3 before this.

I tracked it every month and did many hill runs in it as well as drove it everyday to and from work (100km each way).

They are incredible cars and one of the strongest motors from Honda with the H22a being my second fav.

If it's in good condition, regardless of being tracked or not, I would get it. You'll learn a lot driving it if you've never had a fast FWD before. They are set up very good from factory and once you start adding adjustable suspension gear you'll learn heaps, as well as have a very very well performing car.

The only issue I ever had with my K series motor was when a bird got stuck in the radiator and it heated up a little, but it never effected the motor overall, just at that certain time.

I plan to sell my DC5 soon and am going to buy the new Type R Civic that comes out this year.

I also own an SS ute (Australian poster) and have owned many many many Hondas. The EP3 is still my most memorable car.

Hope this helps.
>>
>>16524865
yeah I've heard about the K series reliability. Thanks for your inpuit, the least I'll do is go check the car out on Sunday
>>
>>16524895
Poster from above again.
Do it man!
They are such a good car.
With a bit of money spent on a new ECU (something like a Helltech would be ideal) and some cams / retainers to suit (TODA is what I use) you can set the rev limit to 9500-10k, if you wanted more power and to be able to stay in the higher revs longer (8500-10k) you could do pistons as well.

For not much work you will have a super fun car, plus, once you learn the car and have trust in it you'll out corner most average super cars on the track!
>>
>>16524908
How quick did you get over the shifter placement?
I've had the opportunity to buy one before but couldn't get over how goofy it felt.
>>
>>16524919
Poster from above.

Yeah it's different, it does take some getting used to but it's really comfy when you get used to it.

The design comes from GT3 Race cars in Japan, most of the placement on the boxes they use are very alike.
>>
>>16524044
my god man the feels. its very nice that you live in a place that a type r is just an 3k eur.
i would just buy it for my toy its just 3k man dont even look back . your toy is broken so what.
>>
File: 14654645647.gif (1007KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
14654645647.gif
1007KB, 500x351px
>>16524935
it's just that I'm a poor as fuck wageslave, and if the car breaks, I've got no transportation and no cash for repairs either
>>
for a car with high rev line that saw 220k km of track days and vtec dicking, i'd consider a couple of spare thousand euros just in case
>>
>>16524951
Poster from above.
If the car breaks, you can part it out and make double your money.

Win win ;)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.