[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stock car to turbo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0628.jpg (128KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0628.jpg
128KB, 1024x768px
I own a '93 Subaru Legacy. The car is perfect, literally its like new.

I don't want to buy a Turbo Legacy, too high chance that it will be a rubbish.

Is it worth to put turbo in it? Or it would just ruin the car, and would be way too expensive?
>>
Just build the internals accordingly and turbo it dude
>>
Turbo it and troll civics m8
>>
>>16523528
Save up some cash and do a full STI swap the right way
>>
Buy a turbo engine. Put it on a stand and build it slowly. Make sure you have 100% of the parts for the swap. If you do this over time, you won't really miss the money you're putting into refreshing the engine.

Then swap it in over a long weekend.
>>
DUDE THE FACT THAT YOU ARE ASKING 4CHAN ABOUT THIS

THE FACT THAT YOU ARE ASKING THIS AT ALL

MEANS YOU HAVE NO MONEY

MEANS YOU HAVE NO SKILLS

MEANS YOU WILL NEVER ADD A TURBO TO A CAR

MEANS YOU ARE AN IDIOT

MEANS YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW ENGINES WORK

MEANS YOUR PERFECT CAR IS A SHITBOX

MEANS YOUR LIFE IS LITERAL SHIT

MEANS YOU HAVE NO MONEY

JOIN ISIS AND KILL YOURSELF IN A WAR BECAUSE RIGHT NOW YOU HAVE A WORTHLESS LIFE THATS GOING NOWHERE
>>
>>16523680

This.

Buy and/or build up an engine and transmission to swap in. Don't forget ancillaries like fuel pumps, wires, hoses, radiators, etc.

Once you have everything, buy a cheap beater to drive while your car is down so you can go and pick up the stuff you forgot and any additional tools you'll need.
>>
>>16523562
this. The turbo version wasn't just a turbo thrown on the normal engine. That fucker had a closed deck block. Just save up money and do a proper STI drivetrain swap.
>>
>>16523528
you could find a beater parts legacy ss with a ej22t and rebuild/swap the engine

that will be easier that swapping in a later turbo engine

then you'll have extra parts if you need them too.
>>
Thanks guys for the replies.

To the CAPSLOCK GUY: I admit, I don't have the skills to replace it, but I didn't said i would do it. By the way, I have the money for it, I just don't want to buy a new lower tier car (like Skoda Fabia, Peugeot 208, Kia ceed, etc.) (( Yes, I am from Europe)).
>>
>>16525726
if you are front europe and dont have ten THOUSAND dollars ready to set on fire RIGHT NOW

you do not have enough money to do it
>>
>>16523691
Fucking this.
Don't turbo a 1993 legacy
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.