[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my step dad died and gave me his 2006 civic ex. it has 83000

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: conda hivic.jpg (110KB, 1275x630px) Image search: [Google]
conda hivic.jpg
110KB, 1275x630px
my step dad died and gave me his 2006 civic ex. it has 83000 miles on it. oil change was last done in july. other than that, i know nothing about any other routine maintenance.

i don't know shit about cars and do not have tools to perform anything myself.

how do i figure out what maintenance needs to be done?
>>
Change oil and coolant. Check owners manual about transmission. Change spark plugs and air filter.

If it has a timing belt you are about due, might as well change water pump as well if I'm correct about Honda's using the timing belt to run the water pump.
>>
When the "oil life" meter starts getting low it will give you a code of letters and numbers on your gauge cluster. Those letters and numbers identify what it needs, consult your manual.
>>
>>16522286
>i know nothing about any other routine maintenance.

Read the owners manual. If you never had a car before, then you should read it. Different companies have different quality manuals. My GM car's manual taught me quite a bit about the various items in a car that needed to be checked out or to be aware of in order to make use of them. Your honda manual tells you how to check oil.

The manual also has a section on expected routine maintenance and even a suggested schedule. Checking oil level and coolant occasionally is expected. You can easily add more oil as necessary if it is low on the dipstick.
>>
look for stickers on the windshield and the door jams from the a honda dealership or independent repair shop and phone their service department with your cars information (model, year, license tag or VIN#) and ask about your car's service history

I think Honda has some regular maintenance scheduled at 30K (30,000miles), 60K, and 90K. Check if what was supposed to be done was done.

I think the most important is the timing belt service (change the water pump at the same time.) This got done at 90K on older civics - check the owners manual for the schedule on your car.
>>
>Don't know shit about cars
>No tools
Are you underage? If not grow the fuck up and get some balls.
>>
>>16524336
>>16522327
Honda hasn't used timing belts in civics since 2005
>>16522559
This guy knows what he's talking about

>>16522286
>I don't know shit about cars and do not have tools to perform anything myself.
>I Know nothing about any other routine maintenance

How can people live their lives by knowing nothing about cars? You people must be broke all the time spending money at the shop when your car breaks
>>
>>16524375
>>16525232

i'm a sheltered fuck that moved out too late.

i'll save up $50 and buy some tools if you tell me what's most critical. even though i'm cheap as fuck, i appreciate quality. what are the brands that aren't using cheapo hong kong metal?
>>
>>16525327
You might as well buy a 200 piece harbor freight set for 50$
>>
>>16525327
Socket set. Make sure it's in mm. Get it at Walmart
>>
>>16522286
>how do i figure out what maintenance needs to be done?
Open the glove compartment.
Inside will be an interesting book you've never read. It will say "2006 Honda Civic Owner's Manual" on the cover.
This book will tell you how to operate everything in the car from the radio to the cruise control.
Near the back of the book will be a maintenance schedule that will tell you what needs to be done and at which mileage.

Merry fucking Christmas
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.