[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst design for buttons on steering wheel ever. Every remote

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

Worst design for buttons on steering wheel ever. Every remote control I've ever had that has this style of button with the one piece cover that "bubbles up" over the button has cracked over time. Wtf is GM thinking?
>>
>what is gm thinking
they weren't
>>
they were thinking you were a brutish faggot who abuses buttons like he abuses his childs
>>
>>16521155
If you want premium "aloo-min-ee-um" buttons then you know what to buy.
>>
>>16521155
>Every remote control I've ever had that has this style of button with the one piece cover that "bubbles up" over the button has cracked over time. Wtf is GM thinking?

Because people kept on gumming up their discrete switch buttons. Or complained in customer feedback that discrete buttons were hard to clean. Nevertheless, my 2016 chevrolet has all of its buttons discrete (unless it is a touchscreen button). Even my keyfob buttons are discretes. Thankfully, I am clean and my car is pristine.

I suspect the sealed single-piece plastic cover buttons are there because people eat and drive with only a cursory wipe of hands on a napkin if even that. I know lots of dirty drivers exist as I've seen others with grubby hands ever since university.
>>
>>16521155
>Wtf is GM thinking?
Those buttons are easy to find in the dark even if they are not lit up. The bumps let you locate them unlike the old style plastic discrete buttons.
>>
>>16521155
>Every remote control I've ever had that has this style of button with the one piece cover

It keeps them sealed against dirt, grit, water, food particles, skin oils, and grease. I've had button remotes fail but not the sealed ones. I bet GM worried about that too, or lawsuits alleged failed buttons were gummed up and caused safety issues.
>>
>>16521155
RIP Pontiac
>>
>>16522001
>GAGES
good riddance.
>>
>>16521405
>dat gratuitous """luxury""" mercedes benz lettering on the wheel
Never quite got that, why would they choose a completely different font fron what they've always been using everywhere else? Why even put anything there at all? It just looks chintzy...
>>
>>16522259
>Mercedes
>chintzy
You don't say? You mean the people who plastered "Elegance" on their shifters aren't understated and tactful?
>>
>>16522259
>>16522273

You Ameriniggers wouldn't know "taste" if I smacked you in the face with my 24k gold dick.
>>
>>16521281
this

t. gm owner

at least my 90's gm barges from eu/aus are still ok
>>
>>16521155
Probably thinking that if this is ever a problem for the third owner they can fucking buy new buttons on ebay for 20 bux just like you can now for all those soft touch 2002 radio buttons that have worn through the labels.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.